PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 09:33 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Yup. Nothing immediately jumps out of that log, though. I'll take a closer look a bit later.

In other news, hosting these files on dropbox... does not work. They already shut down my file serving for excessive usage. Oh well. If someone has a spot where I can put files, that'd be nice. Otherwise, I'll go back to posting just the files that are changed into the first post of this thread.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

Lol, I had just checked the wave and noticed the links were all removed. I might have an idea about the hosting, but will not know for sure until tomorrow at the earliest.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

karafa is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Yup. Nothing immediately jumps out of that log, though. I'll take a closer look a bit later.

In other news, hosting these files on dropbox... does not work. They already shut down my file serving for excessive usage. Oh well. If someone has a spot where I can put files, that'd be nice. Otherwise, I'll go back to posting just the files that are changed into the first post of this thread.
Try mediafire.com, if that does not work, I have an FTP of my own with a couple terabytes of transfer that you can use.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:45 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I thought mediafire had some sort of arbitrary download limit, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion. Uploading now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:56 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar19 View Post
Well I got some logs...a few errors keep popping up but not sure what they mean. Main one being invalid RIL_Token. Not sure what it means I have a feeling its part of the problem.
Looks like that shows up in my radio logs, too, so I don't think that's it.

How about this? Start up, give it time to try to make a data connection (does the 3G icon pop up on your phone ever? If so, then right after that) and then go to the terminal app on the phone and do an 'ifconfig'. I assume no ppp0 connection will show up, but I'm not sure.

It looks like it's making a connection (CONNECT 115200), but then the connection is dropping before it can log in (NO CARRIER).
Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800

peterm20 is keeping up the good workpeterm20 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

I can host if you'd like. Damn that sucks that dropbox was fast.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

MediaFire is a good idea. Here is the info on their free and paid accounts:
Quote:
Mediafire free accounts are restricted to uploads of 200 MB per file and files are deleted if they are not accessed every 30 days. Also, when free users share download links, their downloaders are directing to the advertising supported Mediafire pages.
Because of those restrictions we do not charge for bandwidth on Mediafire free accounts.

However, with Mediapro, there are several features you do not get with a free account. You can upload up to 2G at a time, and all of your files are hotlinked so that your downloaders do not visit any Mediafire pages when downloading. There are several other features such as statistical reporting, the ability to embed files and unlimited storage time regardless of file access. To support these features and many more, MediaPro users are charged for bandwidth use.
As long as we don't start getting files over 200MB, we should be fine. As often as newer builds come out, I don't think there should be a problem with the 1 month time frame either. Figure it will be 1.5-2 months after a release before it would be deleted, and by then there shouldn't be that much of a need for the older ones. If they are needed, it is pretty easy to re-upload. Also, it has RSS for those that want to be informed of new releases faster. For the RSS to work you have to setup a folder and put the files in there when you upload them in case you didn't know.

Last edited by chrialex; 02-10-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro
Carrier: USCC

stellar19 is a n00b

Quote:
Looks like that shows up in my radio logs, too, so I don't think that's it.

How about this? Start up, give it time to try to make a data connection (does the 3G icon pop up on your phone ever? If so, then right after that) and then go to the terminal app on the phone and do an 'ifconfig'. I assume no ppp0 connection will show up, but I'm not sure.

It looks like it's making a connection (CONNECT 115200), but then the connection is dropping before it can log in (NO CARRIER).
The 3G icon always shows up.

Had to do a netcfg, couldn't get ifconfig to work.

But I did have a ppp0 connection with a valid US Cellular IP Address. It also said the word UP next to it. However, none of the other interfaces had valid IPs. Should there be a DOWN interface as well?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:17 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

No. UP just means the connection is... connected. There aren't UP and DOWN (stream) connections, if that was what you were thinking.

Just spent a couple hours trying to suss this out with chrialex, and failed completely. It connects, seems to route correctly, but can't actually get any data over the connection. I don't know if it's an authentication issue, or a protocol issue, or what. Not my area of expertise. (Assuming I have an area of expertise.)

It does seem like there's 2 different username/password combinations used for ppp (yourphonenumber@uscc.net/yourphonenumber) and EVDO (yourMSID@uscc.net/yourMSID), respectively... I don't know if that's throwing a monkey wrench into the works, and have no idea where those two separate sets of credentials would go.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro on MetrOPCS
Carrier: MetroPCS

cdahlquistjr is a n00b

I have an odd question - there was a few references on some XDA pages about a Donut build having slight bluetooth support on a Raph800 - I don't believe it given how few times it's popped up - but I have a BT GPS that I would love to try out on some of the Android location Apps (there's a Tag game I have been jonesin' to try)

If anyone has gotten it to work, I'd love to know build/kernel info (although I'm not holding my breath of the Android fairy) Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux