PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Very Confused .. Sprite or SPB Backup - restore Help!

Don,

I have done a ton of restores from one phone to another with no problems.

I did a really extensive test with Sprite, SPB BU & Resco at one point. I had two TouchPro's & tried every way I could to give the programs REALLY TOUGH tests so I did stuff like flashing both phones to totally different ROM's & then restoring a backup from one to the other etc.

What's odd is, with the TP's I had much better luck doing the oddball restores with Sprite than SPB. In the TP2 on the other hand, I find that SPB works better (absolutely perfectly)

Since you have access to both programs, make a BU with both to be safe. What I would do is when you get the new phone, put your card in & navigate to the SPB file & dbl click on it. That will bring up the restore in "ROM upgrade mode" if IIRC.

Step it through the screens & tell it to restore with all the default options & when it's done I would be surprised if it doesn't work perfectly. If it doesn't, you can always hard reset & try other options in either program.

One thing I found that was really strange, was occasionally a restore would really mess up & after the reset it would come up with like 20 errors in a row at startup. This could even happen with a known good BU that had restored perfectly in the past. When that happened, I would hard reset, then do the exact same restore again (same options checked, identical in every way) & the 2nd time it would work perfectly.......

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

DLCPhoto is keeping up the good workDLCPhoto is keeping up the good work

Thanks, John.

I will go ahead and get both backups, just in case. I wish Sprite Backup support were better. They have a lame forum housed elsewhere, and there seems to be pretty little activity. You'd think they'd have a responsibility to provide direct support to their paying customers with pretty fundamental questions like this. The support documentation really isn't adequate to answer my question.

Do you think there is any difference if I do this before or after activating the new phone? I'm inclined to activate it after I've done the Restore, so I can continue to use my current phone in case I run into any problems with the new phone, if it ends up having any defects, etc.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: fuze
Carrier: att

schneid is a n00b

I have a Fuze (Raphael, TP). Sprite Restore Merge Level One works great in upgrading between ROMs. Regular restores are flawless.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2