PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750
Re: 2000mah spare battery for htc touch pro 2 sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
how does the memory microsd card reader work? I put a 1gb microsd in on one end, the other just barely fits into the USB port on my cpu, not all the way in
I have yet to try it, although its definately a cheaply made knockoff. the usb end isnt even a full usb plug, its just a peice of plastic with some tin circuit on one side that slides into the plug. Im sure it will work, but its certainly not going to be very portable. That being said, it DOES have a loop for a keychain and is quite small, so ill be carrying it with me. I cant count how many times ive needed to transfer some files to a computer when im out and about, and ive never got a usb cable with me.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

DaBrode is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to DaBrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBrode View Post
Not terribly excited about the battery, but the cradle looks very useful.
So...I ordered the battery and the cradle. The cradle I bid on doesn't actually work with my phone surprisingly. The auction does not mention that it's incompatible with certain phones nor does it mention that it's for specific phones...only that it's for the HTC Touch Pro 2 and "similar models". Yet it's incompatible with Sprint and Verizon TP2's due to the USB input being off to one side rather than centered.

So I'm waiting to hear from the seller to find out how it'll be handled. I guess they make a Sprint version but they don't mention this in the auction that I bid on. That said, the product seems pretty solid and I really want to try using it. Hopefully all turns out ok in the end. In the meantime...here's my post to try and sell off the one I bought "incorrectly". I'm offering free shipping in the US, I just want to recoup what I paid for it, $20.00.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101886

I'll drop a quick review here once I get the correct one.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

erkme73 is just getting started

I hadn't tried hooking up the charger/USB while in the new mount, but I will say that the speakers are completely covered by the mount. It has a profound affect on the volume. I couldn't hear the phone - even with it turned up all the way. I used a 1/2" drill bit and drilled out two holes directly over the speaker locations, and now it works like a charm.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the card reader didn't fit well into my computer here at work, but works fine on my laptop at home
Old 12-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBrode View Post
So...I ordered the battery and the cradle. The cradle I bid on doesn't actually work with my phone surprisingly. The auction does not mention that it's incompatible with certain phones nor does it mention that it's for specific phones...only that it's for the HTC Touch Pro 2 and "similar models". Yet it's incompatible with Sprint and Verizon TP2's due to the USB input being off to one side rather than centered.

So I'm waiting to hear from the seller to find out how it'll be handled. I guess they make a Sprint version but they don't mention this in the auction that I bid on. That said, the product seems pretty solid and I really want to try using it. Hopefully all turns out ok in the end. In the meantime...here's my post to try and sell off the one I bought "incorrectly". I'm offering free shipping in the US, I just want to recoup what I paid for it, $20.00.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101886

I'll drop a quick review here once I get the correct one.
I ordered a cradle from the same seller and it DID fit perfectly with my Sprint TP2. (well it fits when i take OFF my seido case)

...after a little modification, it now fits while I keep the Seido case on. (lets just say I had to sand down some of the plastic.)

My cradle also came with a place to charge a spare battery, a stylus that lights up blue when not in use (I use this stylus while my phone is docked)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350289048051
Old 12-16-2009, 11:02 AM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

This battery does last longer than the OEM version.
It is a little lighter.
No heat issues so far after 2 days.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

still no heat issues whatsoever. on monday i used mp3 player for 1 hour on the way to work, flashed and played with 5 different roms over the course of the day while at work, used mp3 player for 1 hour on the way home from work, and still had about 30% battery life left by the time i get home. Id say thats pretty damn good, ESPECIALLY after getting used to the touch pro's mediocre battery life.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I cannot believe this thread is still going..

1+ month on my battery so far and still going great!!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

DaBrode is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to DaBrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool2269 View Post
I ordered a cradle from the same seller and it DID fit perfectly with my Sprint TP2. (well it fits when i take OFF my seido case)

...after a little modification, it now fits while I keep the Seido case on. (lets just say I had to sand down some of the plastic.)

My cradle also came with a place to charge a spare battery, a stylus that lights up blue when not in use (I use this stylus while my phone is docked)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350289048051

Yeah, the seller advertises the Sprint model correctly if you happen upon the sprint cradle auction. However he fails to mention in his other TP2 auctions that they are not for Sprint/Verizon models. He's since offered to pay the return shipping and apologized for the confusion. I think you'll see he changes his auctions in the future.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:26 AM
DevilbearNY

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I just went to the sellers auction and he has corrected the issue. He now has everything labeled for its pertaining carrier. Just ordered 2 Batteries for Sprint TP2. Will let know how it turned out. Have Cradle w/ battery charger from boxwave.com. Man what a rip off. Should have checked Forums first . . .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2