PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 01:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

I get minor lag of maybe 1sec, nothing really significant. The only time I actually notice major lag is when I'm going under an overpass, which is to be expected since the satellite signals don't work so well under a concrete/steel structure. Otherwise, it has kept up just fine on the highway when driving.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

furrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfurrelkt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to furrelkt
Smile Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw00d View Post
igo8 i have it up and running with out these tweak.. it runs great.. but i dont get the landscape in 480x800. .. .. my question is when ever i try to install these tweaks i get a message error when ever i try to run the program.. i get this error failed to start 480x800.pmg need to stop program. i think the sys.txt.. is making this happen.. i did every step you listed.. .. and nothing.. im running
Nav N Go iGO 8 v8.3.2.64029 (Nov 7 200
with latest update

help?
This thread is about using:
Code:
 "Step 1: Download Nav n Go iGo_8.3.4.102680, unrar, copy to your microSD card (SD), rename it to IGO8. This version fully support TTS, 02 voice guidance Profiles, 3d Building, Driver Alerts, over millions POIs... , you can see more here".
I think the programs are a like however, i think that also maps, poi, etc are version specific. Did you do a google search for your version? U could check XDA, i think they have some info on the 8.3.2 version (i believe)

I would suggest finding
Code:
Nav n Go iGo_8.3.4.102680
this follow these instructions. it works!!

Edit: Found this:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=471693

ROM: Fresh
Rooted/NAND
Don't forget to give

Last edited by furrelkt; 10-13-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpot View Post
My TTS isn't working either but that's probably just because I have been trying to use british voices. No matter.

I currently using Kate (British) as my TTS voice. And it works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
I dont know if this will make you feel better or not but my sprint touch pro 2 has been running the latest igo 8 and is truley lag free.. i just took a trip from new york to pennsylvania with zero problems or lag.. Im not really sure why everyone else is having lag issues.. my touch pro had serious lag issues.. but my tp2 is perfect.. the only issue i have with lag is when using google maps or sprint telenav

Mind sharing your sys.txt so we can compare notes and make improvements where possible?
Old 10-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Palm Treo 750
Carrier: O2

Trirab is a n00b

Will this work with WM6.5 (before I install it)
Old 10-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

samboy is a n00b
Re: GI Skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsworm View Post
GI Skin, Special thanks to Gurjon team, Your work is excellent.
Thanks Sumo911 for your contributions to this post

Click here to download the GJ 6.12p_da_800x480 package, this is the modified package for Touch Pro2. Unzip the file, You get two folders: content and extension, + one file: sys.txt (same as above). Copy (and replace) Folder Extension to Root folder iGO8 on your SD Card.
There is a sub folder Skin in folder content, inside that you will find
GJ 6.12p_da_800x480.zip, copy it to iGO8/content/skin, don't unzip it.
Run iGO8 --> Settings --> Menu --> Skin -->
GJ 6.12p_da_800x480

Note:
If it doesn't work correctly, you need to erase folder Save in iGO8/ and restart your phone
Here is the MANUAL for this SKIN, please read it first before you post question about how to use it.
I don't see the exact zip file that you mention above "GJ 6.12p_da_800x480.zip" The only one I see is "GJ6.12.p_da.zip"

I've been having trouble getting the SKIN button not to be grayed out, and I can only assume that this has something to do with it. Do I need to rename this file, or is it the wrong one? Thanks
Old 10-13-2009, 05:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

johnniwalker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsworm View Post
Download this language package, copy to Igo8/content/LANG on your SD card. Lemme know if it works for you, Hieu.
I had the same problem as Hieu. I downloaded the file and it solved the problem. I just had to follow your directions...and they do not include unzipping the file, which was my mistake. After I realized your instructions do not say to unzip the file and put the contents in the directory, it works!

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: GI Skin

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboy View Post
I don't see the exact zip file that you mention above "GJ 6.12p_da_800x480.zip" The only one I see is "GJ6.12.p_da.zip"

I've been having trouble getting the SKIN button not to be grayed out, and I can only assume that this has something to do with it. Do I need to rename this file, or is it the wrong one? Thanks
The blue text IS the download link! GJ 6.12p_da_800x480 package
Old 10-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Initializing error: no voice files were found ..

were do i get these files and were do i place it i am getting this error any help ??
Old 10-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Just a reminder that there is to be no posting of Warez on this site. Some of these comments can be interpreted as asking for Warez or describing work arounds to get paid software, etc for free.

Keep it clean and we can all have fun!
Old 10-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yes i agree with you i have everything i need but keep getting error voice ??? i dont know what i am missing not requesting any files or apps just how to work around the error.

thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps