PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 02:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII
Carrier: Rogers

rete is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post
So the TTS problem is one thing, but also no one knows what is causing TTS not to work?

I had iGO8 running fine on my Touch Pro, What could have possibly changed?

I want iGO to run like it was before I tried that Mortscript thing and couldn't even get it to work and is such a hassle.
My TTS worked flawlessly from day one. I've got push internet disabled (with the NoPushInternet_v2 cab floating about) and I never have issues with iGO8 and TTS, even with Manila running. Make sure you have the 4 dll's in the main folder (LoqEnglish6.9.dll, loqmsx.dll, LoqTTS6.dll, LoqTTS6_util.dll), the tts_loq folder and your tts voices in the content/voice folder and that's it...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rete View Post
My TTS worked flawlessly from day one. I've got push internet disabled (with the NoPushInternet_v2 cab floating about) and I never have issues with iGO8 and TTS, even with Manila running. Make sure you have the 4 dll's in the main folder (LoqEnglish6.9.dll, loqmsx.dll, LoqTTS6.dll, LoqTTS6_util.dll), the tts_loq folder and your tts voices in the content/voice folder and that's it...
Whoa, I think this might be why my TTS has never worked, I do not have any of those .dll files! Is it okay for you to attach those to a post?
Old 02-27-2010, 03:20 AM
N00b

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TTS_DLLs.zip (481.2 KB, 71 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks a bunch rete, however I placed them in my IGO8/ folder, and TTS still doesn't work. Also tried putting them in the tts_loq folder, doesn't work. Grrr, have no idea why TTS never worked for me
Old 02-27-2010, 07:59 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
Thanks a bunch rete, however I placed them in my IGO8/ folder, and TTS still doesn't work. Also tried putting them in the tts_loq folder, doesn't work. Grrr, have no idea why TTS never worked for me
If all your voice files and dll's are in place, check which version you are running; not all of them support TTS. The following versions definitely work with TTS: 8.3.4.117940; 8.3.4.102680; 8.3.2.90500. Versions like 8.3.2.124260 and 8.3.2.97313 do not.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
If all your voice files and dll's are in place, check which version you are running; not all of them support TTS. The following versions definitely work with TTS: 8.3.4.117940; 8.3.4.102680; 8.3.2.90500. Versions like 8.3.2.124260 and 8.3.2.97313 do not.
Hmm, just checked in the About, indeed I'm using 8.3.4.102680

Just checked the relevant folders, in tts_loq I have:

Code:
EnglishUs  Dave.vde  EnglishUs6.9.lde  Susan.vde
In content/voice I have:
Code:
v_eng_us_f1.zip  voice_eng-uk-f3.zip  voice_eng-us-f1.zip  voice_eng-us-m4.zip          Voice_TTS-loq-eng-us-f1-mag.zip.x   Voice_TTS-loq-Eng-us-f1.zip
v_eng_us_m2.zip  voice_eng-uk-m2.zip  Voice_Eng-us-m1.zip  Voice_TTS-loq-Eng-uk-f1.zip  Voice_TTS-loq-Eng-us-f1-work.zip.x  Voice_TTS-loq-Eng-us-m1.zip
Old 02-28-2010, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

murtynvr is just getting started

thanks rete for the information. i guess i need to stay with resolution then.

about tts, i have installed the tts voices of susan, dave and all available from the megaupload link in this thread, i checked as suggested and when i click on susan or dave, it just beeps once and does not say 'have a safe trip'.

Could it be the files i am using? can anyone please suggest the location of files so that i can download again and try. thanks so much for your help.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:40 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
Hmm, just checked in the About, indeed I'm using 8.3.4.102680

Just checked the relevant folders, in tts_loq I have:

Code:
EnglishUs  Dave.vde  EnglishUs6.9.lde  Susan.vde
In content/voice I have:
Code:
v_eng_us_f1.zip  voice_eng-uk-f3.zip  voice_eng-us-f1.zip  voice_eng-us-m4.zip          Voice_TTS-loq-eng-us-f1-mag.zip.x   Voice_TTS-loq-Eng-us-f1.zip
v_eng_us_m2.zip  voice_eng-uk-m2.zip  Voice_Eng-us-m1.zip  Voice_TTS-loq-Eng-uk-f1.zip  Voice_TTS-loq-Eng-us-f1-work.zip.x  Voice_TTS-loq-Eng-us-m1.zip
In content/voice you only need Voice_TTS-loq-eng-us-f1.zip and Voice_TTS-loq-eng-us-m1.zip (for "Susan" and "Dave" tts voices); not sure what those .mag.zip.x and .work.zip.x files are you have there.

The tts files I use are the ones attached to this package:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=icoydm5g

..and this one for UK voices:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SP7LR2Y7
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:41 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by murtynvr View Post
thanks rete for the information. i guess i need to stay with resolution then.

about tts, i have installed the tts voices of susan, dave and all available from the megaupload link in this thread, i checked as suggested and when i click on susan or dave, it just beeps once and does not say 'have a safe trip'.

Could it be the files i am using? can anyone please suggest the location of files so that i can download again and try. thanks so much for your help.
See the links I added above.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
In content/voice you only need Voice_TTS-loq-eng-us-f1.zip and Voice_TTS-loq-eng-us-m1.zip (for "Susan" and "Dave" tts voices); not sure what those .mag.zip.x and .work.zip.x files are you have there.

The tts files I use are the ones attached to this package:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=icoydm5g

..and this one for UK voices:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SP7LR2Y7
Ha ha! You rock! It works now, I overwrote previous files with yours, I saw differing file sizes for some so I must have either incorrectly extracted or grabbed bad files from some link previously. Thanks SO much!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps