PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronusX View Post
I use Jugg4jug wm 6.1 rom (strip down version of sprint stock 6.1). I installed Sense 2.5 on it and it works without disable Sense 2.5. TTS still work even it's at 90 megs of ram.

Go read here. This will help. It's not a memory issue.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108357
Old 02-20-2010, 06:04 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

so i'm guess i have the same problem... mine just beeps
Old 02-20-2010, 06:40 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

so on mr x rom I just have to turn off vc and tts works
Old 02-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc2
Carrier: tmobile

cheq326 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheq326 View Post
my iGO8 worked well(except an error msg displayed when reaches a destination), but after upgrading to T-M's WinMo6, there is no more sound! anyone else has this same problem?

For the error message at destination. Are you running a different skin. Sounds like your running the Gurjon skin. If so go to their site (just google it) and update your "half patches". I had this two at one point in time, but this should fix it. There is also a new updated skin there as well. Your ROM update probably took you to WM6.5, the messaging programs (tmail.exe), opera, and some others are taking the resources that use TTS. There is another thread here that some new scripts have been written different than mine to close these when running iGo. Look there, I have had good success with it.
Thanks for the update. Yes, I am using their skin, and I just updated to their new skin and half patch. Hopefully the error is gone. Now the major problem is the TTS. I just flashed my phone to use the latest EnergyRom, and tried motoscript thing. Could not get the script to run.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Can someone that has TTS working on their device without changing anything or running any scripts or anything post the registry value from HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Voice Command for AllowExternalTTS
Old 02-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: verizon

zdubin is a n00b

Help! I have a Verizon Touch Pro 2 with the Windows 6.5 upgrade (CE OS 5.2.21874 build 21874.5.0.83). I have everything working except the TSS. I followed the instruction to a tee, tried the igo8 mort script (which does shut down a bunch of apps), disabled htc touchsense). I tried so many versions of the app, US, UK, Russian, (all 8.3.4.102680). No luck! I am out of ideas, and wasted a full week working on this. Any tips would be appreciated.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

murtynvr is just getting started

Hi,

i installed igo8 on my sprint touch pro 2 stock rom. Application installs fine but when i try to run, nothing comes up.

i have tried reinstalling couple of times and also followed 640X800 procedure and still no clue why it is not opening.

Please advise.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

You have to make sure you place all files in the right places.

If I remember correctly, there is no installation cab. You just create shortcut from the storage card and run it.

Google "install igo8"

Use the very first link you see, and use the guide, and tutors from the site. It will work better than asking questions on what you did wrong. They do have the best guides & tips on it.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800 & 6900 htc sprint
Carrier: cricket

dmoney26 is a n00b
Re: GI Skin

thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Can someone that has TTS working on their device without changing anything or running any scripts or anything post the registry value from HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Voice Command for AllowExternalTTS
That's a really good question. But I think it's hard to get an accurate answer.

Because I bet I could get anyones phone to fail TTS (with or without VoiceCommand enabled).

However I agree VoiceCommand is very high on the list of culprits and my Script restarts VoiceCommand.

There was person that also discovered that if you do the "Voice Command" settings dance it will fix TTS permanently. That worked for me for a while but later that's when I discovered other apps can make it fail and I wrote my own script which has been 99% reliable.

I'd be curious if the "Voice Command" settings dance changes that value.

Mine is 1975 and TTS works on fresh boot even after using voice command. But often if TTS is not working just restarting VoiceCommand is all that is needed to get TTS back.

By the way the setting dance is flip it between headset and handset for notifications and reboot. You do this a few times. And magically it used to fix something.

Last edited by mswlogo; 02-25-2010 at 01:19 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps