PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpot View Post
That sys file I uploaded should have everything the xpsworm one has. Try it out, if you want functional landscape mode.
Its nice- I like the smartzoom features- I think I will make a hybrid between yours and xpsworms because I like the option of having both landscape and portrait. I love igo but I have sure spent alot of time on it!!

Last edited by jimmyz; 10-07-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
Its nice- I like the smartzoom features- I think I will make a hybrid better yours and xpsworms because I like the option of having both landscape and portrait. I love igo but I have sure spent alot of time on it!!

Same, let me know how that works for you
Old 10-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
Its nice- I like the smartzoom features- I think I will make a hybrid better yours and xpsworms because I like the option of having both landscape and portrait. I love igo but I have sure spent alot of time on it!!
let me know when you come up with one that supports port and land using the dimka skin please...i prefer to have both features avail to me...on my trip to vegas i drove the hhr which doesnt give me much room to attach the vent clip but in my blazer i have my vent mount that supports the device in landscape mode...

Old 10-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Retired Staff

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
To those using the 8.3.4 version of iGO8, how much better is it than the last build of 8.3.2 (6/25/2009)?

What new features are there? And can you still run it in portrait mode?

ALSO: Since the TP2 has no dpad, how do you get it to repeat directions in portrait mode? I'd usually just press the center button on the dpad and it would repeat directions. I have no idea how to do it in portrait mode on the TP2.

Thanks in advance!
as far as i know the only real addition in the latest version(08/09) was driver alerts or something to that nature...could not get it to work on my tp2 i think it was only for pna devices but modified for pda...
Old 10-07-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Austin808 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
let me know when you come up with one that supports port and land using the dimka skin please...i prefer to have both features avail to me...on my trip to vegas i drove the hhr which doesnt give me much room to attach the vent clip but in my blazer i have my vent mount that supports the device in landscape mode...
I'd like to get a vent clip for the TP2 that supports landscape. Do you like the one you have and which one did you get?
Old 10-08-2009, 01:17 AM
Retired Staff

this is the exact product i have in my blazer...doesn't fit in the hhr though...different type of vents.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001JQMFTS/...SIN=B001JQMFTS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

xclusivx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
ok im having a little problem.. I have used both sys.txt files and i still cannot choose a skin.. the skin option is grayed out.. anyone?
I'm having the same problem with the skin option being grayed out using the updated sys file in post 2. I re-read the entire thread 3 times, and i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

I copied over the new "Extension" folder to the root iGO8 folder, and copied the GJ6.12.p.da.zip file into the skin folder. To no avail.

Everything else is working except for this..dang it.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work

As soon as I start the app, I get this error message:
"Failed to open file igo\480_800\loading.bmp. Exiting application."

Any idea what that's about?

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 10-08-2009, 03:04 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

FierceDeityLink1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin808 View Post
I'd like to get a vent clip for the TP2 that supports landscape. Do you like the one you have and which one did you get?
This is what I use: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0010ESR28
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaMan View Post
As soon as I start the app, I get this error message:
"Failed to open file igo\480_800\loading.bmp. Exiting application."

Any idea what that's about?
did you use the sys.txt in my post?

Don't forget to click

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps