PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Whatever happen to the extended Calendar Function???

Undoubtedly the TP2 is the best available phone for most carriers at the moment..but I originally was looking forward to a feature they had in the GSM Version.

Basically it puts the phone number or whatever information is specified into the calendar and allows you to dial immediately from the reminder. At the same time, the appointment will show up in the dialer so you don't need to flip back and forth between calendar and dialer.

Whatever happen to this VERY USEFUL fucntion?!?!

#4 in the product tour:

http://www.htc.com/www/product/touch...duct-tour.html

Old 09-17-2009, 08:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Whatever happen to the extended Calendar Function???

I like to know what happened to the "week" view that the Mogul had? Also the cut or copy and paste? This calendar is a horrible step backwards, IMO. Is there any good alternative? If I missed doing something on a given day, I could just drag it to the next day in the week view on the Mogul, and/or copy and paste the same appointment for multiple days rather than re-enter it over and over, if it was recuring? This calendar just doesn't work for me.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:45 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I like to know what happened to the "week" view that the Mogul had? Also the cut or copy and paste? This calendar is a horrible step backwards, IMO. Is there any good alternative? If I missed doing something on a given day, I could just drag it to the next day in the week view on the Mogul, and/or copy and paste the same appointment for multiple days rather than re-enter it over and over, if it was recuring? This calendar just doesn't work for me.
The TF3D stuff is what is limiting the function. I used the calendar the way you do, Bundo, so I found if I go to start>all programs and select calendar there it will go to the regular Windows calendar and you can do all of the stuff you used to do with all of the views you want.

I had a Mogul first and when I went to the Diamond I turned off TouchFlo only after a day or two. Now on my TP2, I am back to TouchFlo, but I don't think it will last. I really do think it looks sharp, but it does get in my way sometimes. I'm waiting for 6.5 and then I will marry this phone.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 09-18-2009, 02:31 AM
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
The TF3D stuff is what is limiting the function. I used the calendar the way you do, Bundo, so I found if I go to start>all programs and select calendar there it will go to the regular Windows calendar and you can do all of the stuff you used to do with all of the views you want.

I had a Mogul first and when I went to the Diamond I turned off TouchFlo only after a day or two. Now on my TP2, I am back to TouchFlo, but I don't think it will last. I really do think it looks sharp, but it does get in my way sometimes. I'm waiting for 6.5 and then I will marry this phone.
Thanks, that worked to get my week view back. Frankly, I debating more every day whether to keep the phone, and there are some things I like WAY MORE than the Mogul. But so many loss of controls is NOT what I consider a business improvement.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phat78boy is becoming a great contributor

I must be missing something, because this works for me. It doesn't look exactly the same as above, but when my reminder pops up I click the on the numbers that are highlighted. It throws my passcode in with the actual number, but from there I can either arrow over and use pound signs for pauses or take the passcode out and dial just the number. Once the number starts to dial, in the area above the dial pad I can see my notes from the calendar meeting which includes my passcode and then input it from there.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Threadstarter

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat78boy View Post
I must be missing something, because this works for me. It doesn't look exactly the same as above, but when my reminder pops up I click the on the numbers that are highlighted. It throws my passcode in with the actual number, but from there I can either arrow over and use pound signs for pauses or take the passcode out and dial just the number. Once the number starts to dial, in the area above the dial pad I can see my notes from the calendar meeting which includes my passcode and then input it from there.
Mind if I ask how you're putting in numbers and stuff in your calendar? Like the exact setup?
Old 09-18-2009, 03:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phat78boy is becoming a great contributor

Sure I put my info in as normal. Subject contains what my meeting is about, location contains that info, all the rest is whatever. In the notes is where I put the dial in number and passcode. I also sometimes put other information in there which has no affect on this feature. Now if you separate your dial in number from the passcode by 3 or more spaces it shows just as you have it above.

When the reminder comes up, you just click the green box and it makes the phone call. Once dialed, you'll see the keypad has a note icon in the top left corner. When you click keypad, it brings up the location and notes information for that calendar entry above the full keypad.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:38 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I'm coming from a Mogul, so maybe a screen shot would help, but I can't do it now. But I'll try to explain it as best as I can. And post # 3 correctly pointed out that turning off TF3D allowed the "week" view, but it has a major weakness still compared to the Mogul, and even the TP1 (probably also with TF3D off, but at least it had the D-Pad).

That weakness is, that while it looks the same (in week view with TF3D off ONLY), to navigate it with the same functionality requires opening the keyboard (on the TP2). On the Mogul, you could use either the scroll wheel, OR the D-Pad (D-Pad also on the TP1 I presume - I never had one), to scroll through the appointments for the day (or before or after), and see what the "subject" was (which was usually all I ever put, such as "get air filter", "dog food", "meet Joe at job at 1PM", etc. - the subject line served as a "tickler" to remind me of things, I never need a whole bunch of info to remind me).

I could scroll through the day (or more) in seconds, with one hand, while driving or whatever, using either method (scroll wheel or D-Pad).

Now with the TP2, even with the screen looking the same with TF3D turned off, to view all the appointments, one after the other, requires either using the arrow keys on the keyboard (a much more difficult thing to do while driving and giving a far more restrictive view, as the number of hours per day shown (which is up-and-down in the week view)), or touching the next one down the line with my finger in portrait view, which then OPENS IT ) not for editing, but to show all the fields, but I never need more than the subject line anyway, which shows without opening it)/

Sorry, I'm tired and had a few too many paranthesis (and drinks) in this post, but using the TP2 it in portrait requires a precise finger tap while driving, and if I accomplish that, it thing opens it to the next level, then I have to back out or exit, I forget, just tried it once, and try to hit the next one.

Frankly, the more days that go by, the more frustrated I am. Yet, I haven't tried any of the alternatives, but I doubt HTC< Aplle, or anyone else, will truly have an overall more powerful business PPC than the Mogul (working correctly) until they do a Super Mogul, and get the buttons and keyboard to hold up, and increase the resolution, and have TF3D which can be turned off (as on the TP1 & 2), BUT leaving you with a fully usable interface.

Frankly, I'm growing a little disillusioned, but then again, the Mogul issues were bad too. I never really had memory issues with the Mogul, except on rare occaisions, BUT I didn't try to make it work like an iPhone (that would be a major step down from a Mogul with AEButton+ IMO)

Sorry for the rant, I've just worked 30+ hours, but frankly, after a few looks at YouTube and have the fancy weather and stocks, etc., who cares about that stuff? Not me, anyway.

Last edited by TheBundo; 09-18-2009 at 04:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:12 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Sure I put my info in as normal. Subject contains what my meeting is about, location contains that info, all the rest is whatever. In the notes is where I put the dial in number and passcode. I also sometimes put other information in there which has no affect on this feature. Now if you separate your dial in number from the passcode by 3 or more spaces it shows just as you have it above.

When the reminder comes up, you just click the green box and it makes the phone call. Once dialed, you'll see the keypad has a note icon in the top left corner. When you click keypad, it brings up the location and notes information for that calendar entry above the full keypad.
I think our different needs make our issues, or lack of issues, somewhat different. My use of the week view was based on the fact that I am the point man for many properties for my clients, acting in many roles, but always wanting needing a "tickler" to remind me. I take care of over a billion dollars of commercial properties, and a few residential properties, in the San Jose )South Bay) / SF Bay / East Bay area. My roles range from doing rehabs or new build-outs as a general contractor, to acting as the "point man" for the owner, both with the tenants, and with others, such as people sent by the banks, cities, and others to do inspections. Some of the owners live out-of-state, and others rely on me as the person best able to answer questions about the property's condition, maintenance record, etc.

So my calendar might include many non-time-specific things lists on a given day as "Check on Joe" (which in this example would mean a subcontractor working for me on a T.I. (tenant improvement, like building out a MAX Muscle or UPS Store), and I might even copy and paste it to every day of the week (or beyond), though there is no set time of the day, and I might even miss some days (of making it to do the suggested action), it's just a reminder to try and keep a tight rein on "Joe" as often as possible.

Another example would be "Meet Betty Thurs (555-555-5555) El Camino Real Wed 11AM". In this example, Betty is the inspector for the bank for the new loan application that the owner is applying for (maybe a re-finance that will allow the owner to keep the property, or even prosper in other ways with the extra cash). I am asked to go because of knowledge of the property, and I know all the answers to their questions (how many Amps are available, or they need roof access, and surreptitious questions, like who are problems tenants, etc.) In this case, my memory is "tickled" by the propertry description, I remember what it is about, and who I am to meet and at what time is provided, ALL IN THE SUBJECT LINE. AND that exact same calendar appt is posted the day before (on Wed in this example, to make sure I don't forget and stay up too late the night before), and maybe as both the 1st listed thing on Thursday and also again at 11AM, because this one is a "can't miss", and it has a time in the subject line too. I also have her ("Betty's") phone number in case I have to call her.

ALL IN THE SUBJECT LINE, and easily copied multiple times (on the Mogul, that is), and all easily viewed, one-after-the-other with the Mogul (which would require switching back and forth between TF3D on-and-off with the TP's to both program and read, and which in NO CASE with the TP2 (without either a scroll wheel or D-Pad) can be done ANYWHERE near as easily)

Last edited by TheBundo; 09-18-2009 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:45 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Bundo, did you have a today plugin on your Mogul for the calendar? If you did, and you still want to use that and TouchFlo, try looking into SecondToday. I never used TouchFlo on my Diamond ... just used the same today screen as I had on my Mogul. I doubt I will use TouchFlo anymore as soon as the phone is unlocked and I can put 6.5 on it! I do think Touchflo is restrictive ... don't judge the phone on the shortcomings of TouchFlo.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2