PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 02:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

egomaniacal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sms or mms "send" key cursor issue

been searching for hours, so hopefully this hasnt been covered already. When texting, after hitting "send" the cursor vanishes. I cannot simply start typing my next msg, i have to tap the text box on the screen to get the cursor back first. Is everyone having this issue? It is really annoying to be typing for 10 secs, only to realize that it's not typing at all, because the cursor isnt there.
On a side note, is it possible to "send" via a hard key, or do you need to tap "send" via the touch screen?
Any help would be appreciated!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: sms or mms "send" key cursor issue

Coming from the Mogul, there were hard keys for the softkeys on both the front of the phone, and on the keyboard. I think if you are using the keyboard on the TP2, you could map some key-presses using the keypress program from XDA to accomplish that. If you are a heavy texter, it may be worthwhile, and then you would remember what they were.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

DanteDrac is just getting started

I agree with the OP, this is a very very annoying issue for me. I get into a texting frenzy and have to stop what I am doing and reclick the text entry field after each message. Rather annoying. I have yet to find a fix for this however.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

egomaniacal is a n00b

ok. so ive done a bit more research, and it only gets more confusing. If i enter the messaging screen the normal way, i get the buggy version i was talking about, in which i have to keep hitting the screen to reset the cursor. If i enter the mms screen via tapping on the little icon that shows up when i RECIEVE a new mms or sms, it brings up a totally different screen that works properly.
I posted pics of this event. Notice on 36 and 38 how the "send" box is on the right. This is the one that doesnt seem to work right, and makes the cursor vanish. On 40 and 42, notice the "send" is on lower left. It works flawlessly, but can only be accessed (so far as i know) when i enter the ms screen through the little "new message" icon that appears on the top of my screen.

HELP PLEASE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0036.jpg (640.6 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC_0038.jpg (666.3 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC_0040.jpg (560.1 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSC_0042.jpg (606.8 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2