View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 03:38 AM
TheBundo
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Whatever happen to the extended Calendar Function???

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat78boy View Post
I must be missing something, because this works for me. It doesn't look exactly the same as above, but when my reminder pops up I click the on the numbers that are highlighted. It throws my passcode in with the actual number, but from there I can either arrow over and use pound signs for pauses or take the passcode out and dial just the number. Once the number starts to dial, in the area above the dial pad I can see my notes from the calendar meeting which includes my passcode and then input it from there.
I'm coming from a Mogul, so maybe a screen shot would help, but I can't do it now. But I'll try to explain it as best as I can. And post # 3 correctly pointed out that turning off TF3D allowed the "week" view, but it has a major weakness still compared to the Mogul, and even the TP1 (probably also with TF3D off, but at least it had the D-Pad).

That weakness is, that while it looks the same (in week view with TF3D off ONLY), to navigate it with the same functionality requires opening the keyboard (on the TP2). On the Mogul, you could use either the scroll wheel, OR the D-Pad (D-Pad also on the TP1 I presume - I never had one), to scroll through the appointments for the day (or before or after), and see what the "subject" was (which was usually all I ever put, such as "get air filter", "dog food", "meet Joe at job at 1PM", etc. - the subject line served as a "tickler" to remind me of things, I never need a whole bunch of info to remind me).

I could scroll through the day (or more) in seconds, with one hand, while driving or whatever, using either method (scroll wheel or D-Pad).

Now with the TP2, even with the screen looking the same with TF3D turned off, to view all the appointments, one after the other, requires either using the arrow keys on the keyboard (a much more difficult thing to do while driving and giving a far more restrictive view, as the number of hours per day shown (which is up-and-down in the week view)), or touching the next one down the line with my finger in portrait view, which then OPENS IT ) not for editing, but to show all the fields, but I never need more than the subject line anyway, which shows without opening it)/

Sorry, I'm tired and had a few too many paranthesis (and drinks) in this post, but using the TP2 it in portrait requires a precise finger tap while driving, and if I accomplish that, it thing opens it to the next level, then I have to back out or exit, I forget, just tried it once, and try to hit the next one.

Frankly, the more days that go by, the more frustrated I am. Yet, I haven't tried any of the alternatives, but I doubt HTC< Aplle, or anyone else, will truly have an overall more powerful business PPC than the Mogul (working correctly) until they do a Super Mogul, and get the buttons and keyboard to hold up, and increase the resolution, and have TF3D which can be turned off (as on the TP1 & 2), BUT leaving you with a fully usable interface.

Frankly, I'm growing a little disillusioned, but then again, the Mogul issues were bad too. I never really had memory issues with the Mogul, except on rare occaisions, BUT I didn't try to make it work like an iPhone (that would be a major step down from a Mogul with AEButton+ IMO)

Sorry for the rant, I've just worked 30+ hours, but frankly, after a few looks at YouTube and have the fancy weather and stocks, etc., who cares about that stuff? Not me, anyway.

Last edited by TheBundo; 09-18-2009 at 04:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.