View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 04:12 AM
TheBundo
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Whatever happen to the extended Calendar Function???

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat78boy View Post
Sure I put my info in as normal. Subject contains what my meeting is about, location contains that info, all the rest is whatever. In the notes is where I put the dial in number and passcode. I also sometimes put other information in there which has no affect on this feature. Now if you separate your dial in number from the passcode by 3 or more spaces it shows just as you have it above.

When the reminder comes up, you just click the green box and it makes the phone call. Once dialed, you'll see the keypad has a note icon in the top left corner. When you click keypad, it brings up the location and notes information for that calendar entry above the full keypad.
I think our different needs make our issues, or lack of issues, somewhat different. My use of the week view was based on the fact that I am the point man for many properties for my clients, acting in many roles, but always wanting needing a "tickler" to remind me. I take care of over a billion dollars of commercial properties, and a few residential properties, in the San Jose )South Bay) / SF Bay / East Bay area. My roles range from doing rehabs or new build-outs as a general contractor, to acting as the "point man" for the owner, both with the tenants, and with others, such as people sent by the banks, cities, and others to do inspections. Some of the owners live out-of-state, and others rely on me as the person best able to answer questions about the property's condition, maintenance record, etc.

So my calendar might include many non-time-specific things lists on a given day as "Check on Joe" (which in this example would mean a subcontractor working for me on a T.I. (tenant improvement, like building out a MAX Muscle or UPS Store), and I might even copy and paste it to every day of the week (or beyond), though there is no set time of the day, and I might even miss some days (of making it to do the suggested action), it's just a reminder to try and keep a tight rein on "Joe" as often as possible.

Another example would be "Meet Betty Thurs (555-555-5555) El Camino Real Wed 11AM". In this example, Betty is the inspector for the bank for the new loan application that the owner is applying for (maybe a re-finance that will allow the owner to keep the property, or even prosper in other ways with the extra cash). I am asked to go because of knowledge of the property, and I know all the answers to their questions (how many Amps are available, or they need roof access, and surreptitious questions, like who are problems tenants, etc.) In this case, my memory is "tickled" by the propertry description, I remember what it is about, and who I am to meet and at what time is provided, ALL IN THE SUBJECT LINE. AND that exact same calendar appt is posted the day before (on Wed in this example, to make sure I don't forget and stay up too late the night before), and maybe as both the 1st listed thing on Thursday and also again at 11AM, because this one is a "can't miss", and it has a time in the subject line too. I also have her ("Betty's") phone number in case I have to call her.

ALL IN THE SUBJECT LINE, and easily copied multiple times (on the Mogul, that is), and all easily viewed, one-after-the-other with the Mogul (which would require switching back and forth between TF3D on-and-off with the TP's to both program and read, and which in NO CASE with the TP2 (without either a scroll wheel or D-Pad) can be done ANYWHERE near as easily)

Last edited by TheBundo; 09-18-2009 at 04:23 AM.