PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The screen surface is not 100% flat

You rang? Here we go again. You all invited me so here is my opinion on this matter. First of all, I must say the screen is squishy. I mean really squishy. Soo squishy I consider it also a failure. Since when do we all accept squishy LCD displays? What happen to people who expect quality? As mush as you all hate to hear it, Pro is turning out to be a Pro1 but with more problems and less hardware. Think about it.. Pro 2 has no magnetic stylus, no dpad,no led light. What did Pro2 gain? A elongated screen with a short width, a poor quality LCD display, a older CPU that stil overheats, a wooble tils screen mechanism, a keyboard that pealing off, paint in the back thats fading and a Stylus that will eventually become loose and fall out. And guess what? You wont be able to walk in the store and buy the stylus when you loose it. Your gonna have to BEG for one and HOPE they have spares in the back. ANd let us not forget that there are some member in here that are furious at the fact that TOMTOM runs worse tha on the Pro1. Hey... you invited me into this thread by quoting me.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

willnj is just getting started

Can we get back on topic? I don't post much on here but with the help that everyone provides to me I can't thank you enough. The OP started a good thread, lets not waste it. For those of you that noticed this, do you think its a flaw? Do you think it affects performance of the touch screen?
Old 09-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

It's not going to be 100% flat. There will be minor variations on the screen. If you can actually feel a bump or low spot I would be concerned. Both of mine are not perfectly flat, nor are my friends. None of us could notice until we actually looked at it.

As far as "give" There is minor give. Remember, these devices do not have glass screens. They are made completely out of plastic. Out of the 4 I tested I found no inconsistencies that I would consider a flaw or even a potential issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Banned User

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by willnj View Post
Can we get back on topic? I don't post much on here but with the help that everyone provides to me I can't thank you enough. The OP started a good thread, lets not waste it. For those of you that noticed this, do you think its a flaw? Do you think it affects performance of the touch screen?

I agree. Everyone please get back on topic. But honestly I think this will be a devastation to the screen eventually. Think about it. A few members here have noted that they have gotten the dreaded oily screen effect. This makes me think..."hmmmmm" And you think about it. A lcd resistive screen that prone to seperation within intself that causes the OILY effect. Will a wavy curvy smushy screen aggrevate this problem? I thnk so. The mover bending and moving the more we all massage the screen to the point where it will seperate and cause the oily anomaly. Just a thought. What do you think?
Old 09-30-2009, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I agree. Everyone please get back on topic. But honestly I think this will be a devastation to the screen eventually. Think about it. A few members here have noted that they have gotten the dreaded oily screen effect. This makes me think..."hmmmmm" And you think about it. A lcd resistive screen that prone to seperation within intself that causes the OILY effect. Will a wavy curvy smushy screen aggrevate this problem? I thnk so. The mover bending and moving the more we all massage the screen to the point where it will seperate and cause the oily anomaly. Just a thought. What do you think?
I think you are a worthless troll.

Both posts reported. Troll. You hop on, spew your **** and then act like your a jr. mod.

No TP2, NO EXPERIENCE WITH THE SCREEN ITSELF, No life. Go DIAF you waist of air.

Phone

Sprint
PPC-6600

Verizon
Samsumg i760
HTC VX6800 - Mogul
HTC VX6850 - Touch Pro
HTC VX6875 - Touch Pro 2

Feathered Access -
Free Live Mobile Television On The Go!
http://featheredaccess.com

Last edited by eldersoul; 09-30-2009 at 03:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Hey... you invited me into this thread by quoting me.
No one invited you anywhere. I imagine that holds true for real life. And the "You rang?"... I'm pretty sure i havent heard that since the blacktop during recess. Sad, sorry excuse for a human being.

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D >=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>
Old 09-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

have we counted the dots on the back of the sprint one yet? this is funny
Old 09-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Banned User

No guys, this is serious business. I think this is a major problem. This eventually will lead to the seperations on the TFT Resistive films. I did a bit of research on google and came across several articles on Tft resistive screens and I never came across anything that stated that a tft screen has a bulge. I personal opinion is that maybe the housing was manufactured a bit to small. Now its squeezing the screen a bit giving it the bulge everyone is talking about.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Banned User

I am going to get a hold of a dead telus pro2 next week. And I will dig into the hardware and most likely debumk my theory once I get into it deeply. i will let everyone know.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Quote:
Absolutely no. LCD screens are flat. Period. Remember the stuck pixels? Everyone seems to have them, this is due to s inferior LCD screen HTC put on these things. Sad indeed.
Jesus christ, will you die in a fire or something?

Make sure you ignore this coment, too. Because you don't have the wit to defend your obsessive, basement virgin personality. Did you get your *** kicked a lot as a kid? Are you still a kid? Go buy an iPhone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2