PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 12:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The screen surface is not 100% flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Any observations on your stuck pixels? Did they go away or did you get more?
I never noticed any stuck pixels before, but I also didn't go looking for them with the camera trick. I figure if I don't notice it, it doesn't matter
Old 09-21-2009, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

stevedensmore is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to stevedensmore

Mine has no dead pixels =) I actually just got a brand new replacement one and it doesn't have any either...knock on wood.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

I've seen two Verizon tp2's in person and neither have had ANY dead/stuck pixels. Many that are seeing them in the camera are seeing incorrect feedback from the camera like any phone (it's cmos sensor).

I have also yet to see any useful posts from Exil3d in my reading tonight and would like to state my opinion that he is a troll.

I will wrap this up by saying my screen is flat, though there is a slightly inward bevel/dropoff at the top edge of the screen where it meets the upper "edge". I'm sure this is intended. And of course every time you touch the screen it's no longer flat because the screen isn't rigid since it's a touchscreen that requires pressure!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

yeah, my "digitizer" is pretty squishy, really the only thing that pisses me off about the phone. if it had a capacitive screen i would have been in heaven. oh well, i am starting to adapt to the flex.

anyone know of settings that can be altered, specific to the tp2, that will increase sensitivity? i remember adjusting my tp1 and it nearly made it feel like a cap screen.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Dead pixels and the screen not 100% flat LOL what is going to be next OH WAIT someone count the holes on the back of the sprint one and lets see if we all have the same LOL OCD
Old 09-30-2009, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
yeah, my "digitizer" is pretty squishy, really the only thing that pisses me off about the phone. if it had a capacitive screen i would have been in heaven. oh well, i am starting to adapt to the flex.

anyone know of settings that can be altered, specific to the tp2, that will increase sensitivity? i remember adjusting my tp1 and it nearly made it feel like a cap screen.
Get a ClearTouch Anti-Glare from Boxwave.com - the best screen protector around imho. It greatly improves the feel of the digitizer either with the stylus or by finger. This is due to it being more rigid then the stock screen surface which decreases flex while increasing sensitivity, and it's matte surface reduces the effects of oil on the screen surface and makes it more consistent and allows better "glide". The increased drag on the stylus makes it feel more like paper.

Of course the main benefit is the huge reduction in glare.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Dead pixels and the screen not 100% flat LOL what is going to be next OH WAIT someone count the holes on the back of the sprint one and lets see if we all have the same LOL OCD
LMAO, damn htc and their craptacular battery covers. I will get an iphone where is doesn't have a battery cover, problem solved.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

Well I was measuring the screen with a micrometer & found that there were several areas that were almost .001, thats right, .001! millimeters higher than other ares of the screen.

Other things I have noticed:

-Missing 2 holes on the back battery cover
-The LED message indicator is 3 lumens dimmer than the one my wife has (I want the lumens I paid for!)
-1/64" of play when I plug my charge cable in (wow HTC, talk about fail!)
-The speaker grill on my TP 2 has 2 more holes than my wife's (completely unacceptable)
-Side by side my TP 2 has 3 minutes less battery life, even with the 3 lumen deficit.

I could go on but I am so agitated right now I can barely speak

Exil3d was right & he should never get this phone because it is a POS. Move on to the Iphone.

Last edited by SolApathy; 09-30-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Enough of the exil3d bashing. I would say his recent posts are disagreeing with the quality of the TP2... BUT - he is stating the truth and not spreading lies. For the most part, he is correct about HTC's failure to produce consistent quality devices.

Anywho, I would be a bit upset if the screen is too squishy, but as long as it's not worse than running my finger through sand, I should be fine.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

It's not the fact that he complains about potential flaws or issues regarding the devices. The problem is that he doesn't leave it at that. He makes it his goal to purposely irritate the users here by making repeated references to what he calls flaws, even in threads that have no relevant connection to the issue he brings up.

Personally I find it amusing. It's something he can't afford & his only joy is attempting to make those that can afford it feel bad. I love my device. Like every device out there that is this complex; it has some minor issues...and I love every one of them!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2