PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The screen surface is not 100% flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
lol.. all resistive screens have flex.... it register input through pressure........ obviously the bigger the screen, the more flex you're gonna get. as far as the screen not being flat, it is... what you're describing is not the screen, it's the area beyond the screen.
You know... you might be right. Hand down the flattest ppc we have had was the 6700 and Mogul. Mogul felt real stiff. Also, be very cautious. HTC has a reputation to in changing LCD manufacturing plant every several weeks. So the first batch could be very different form the next batch. Pro1 had this problem. First batch had a very stiff feeling LCD screen. Where as you tap it you hear a nice high pitch tap. Then the later batch had a more squishy soft feel to them. Where as you tap and it was a lower tone tap. And all those lower tone LCD had the dreaded OIl smudge in the center after a few weeks of usage. This was my observation.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

true as the screen is not what u touch you touch the digitizer,that is about 1mm above the lcd...

If you were touching the lcd itself you would see color transformation...

Go touch a regular lcd monitor that does not have a glass screen front and you will see what i am talking about. Also why we cant try the massage method to fix our stuck pixels as that 99% of the time will clear them up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Banned User

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
true as the screen is not what u touch you touch the digitizer,that is about 1mm above the lcd...

Go touch a regular lcd monitor that does not have a glass screen front and you will see what i am talking about. Also why we cant try the massage method to fix our stuck pixels as that 99% of the time will clear them up.
Yup. Very true. Massaging method could be harmfull too. Dont want it to seperate and build that oily effect like the Pro1. A member here dropped his Pro2 and said some pixels became unstuck. I wonder how true that is. Could be that he was seeing an illusion. ?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pto 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

sonofliberty is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
lol.. all resistive screens have flex.... it register input through pressure........ obviously the bigger the screen, the more flex you're gonna get. as far as the screen not being flat, it is... what you're describing is not the screen, it's the area beyond the screen.
Yes ! the transparent surface (that you actually touch with the stylus) beyond the "i suppose" real screen, with is not flat

(the bottom LCD screen is flat)

Last edited by sonofliberty; 09-20-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofliberty View Post
Yes ! the transparent surface (that you actually touch with the stylus) beyond the "i suppose" real screen, with is definitely flat (i don't see why it should not be flat)
I agree. My suspicions are that the quality of the LCD is poor.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post

Thanks for making it clear.
So let me rephrase it:
The digitizer is not flat ... right ? The digitilizer that i have on my pro2 is a smooth one, that is not rigid, and that gives the feeling of a non rigid plastic cover...
Old 09-20-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I agree. My suspicions are that the quality of the LCD is poor.
Sorry, i edited my last reply.
Then, you should no more agree with me
I still confirm that the very outer surface on which you actually touch is not rigid

Maybe it it normal, since it stays on the air and is not supported by a solid support underneath (no contact between digitalized and lcd except on the screen frame)
Old 09-20-2009, 08:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just noticed my whole screen frame is warped after I dropped it hard yesterday. Still works great though
Old 09-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I just noticed my whole screen frame is warped after I dropped it hard yesterday. Still works great though
Any observations on your stuck pixels? Did they go away or did you get more?
Old 09-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah, I thought I had broken it when I was using a credit card to get out the bubbles from my overlay, but it definitely is not flat!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2