PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC tp2
Carrier: sprint

firecracker_rc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WMWiFiRouter on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Yes, there are 3rd party tools for syncing with outlook.

Also, there is a way to make your tablet see your wmwifirouter from winmo too. What you need to do is replace the wpa_supplicant file on the tablet with one that supports Ad-Hoc networks.
which do you think is better? and 2nd, which is less complicated to do?
Old 10-20-2011, 05:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker_rc View Post
which do you think is better? and 2nd, which is less complicated to do?
Which tablet do you have? (your tablet needs to be rooted)

And its not about being complicated its about what you want. They are both simple enough, its like giving 2 glasses of water half full and asking to fill a glass in. Both methods are simple enough and both will work.

There really is no right answer, it depends on your needs.

I mean in the end of the day its an Ad-Hoc vs Infrastructure wifi thing.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 10-20-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC tp2
Carrier: sprint

firecracker_rc is a n00b

Acer iconic a500
Old 10-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
u are so lucky, u should give me ur tower. I am strongly considering switching to either USCC it tmobile especially since the USCC tower looks alot more robust than the problematic sprint one its right next to.
yeah just don't go to verizon and I'll still be your friend ! :P lol
Old 10-20-2011, 06:18 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker_rc View Post
Acer iconic a500
make sure you are rooted, extract the zip and transfer the file to your tablet. Then get a file manager with root access such as:

Super File Manager
File Expert

etc..

remount system for read and write in the file manager. Then locate the current wpa_supplicant(I think in system/bin) and copy it to make a backup. Then replace it with the new one, afterwards edit its permissions to 755 which is execute permission for all.
Attached Files
File Type: zip wpa_supplicant_xoom_wifi_adhoc.zip (161.1 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
@elesbb
I won't ever goto VZ unless I have a job that pays me at least $16/hr, right now I'm just getting unemployment so besides sprint Tmobile and USCC are the only other wp7 carriers I can afford. I'm surprised @gTen isn't giving his input on this widespread issue.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
@elesbb
I won't ever goto VZ unless I have a job that pays me at least $16/hr, right now I'm just getting unemployment so besides sprint Tmobile and USCC are the only other wp7 carriers I can afford. I'm surprised @gTen isn't giving his input on this widespread issue.
no joke I'm at school and I usually use the WiFi but didn't today and down here I feel this extremely slow speed . holy shit .
Old 10-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
You guys know that Boost just came out with a new android and will be bringing out another (albeit POS) android Nov. 2nd? They are likely updating throughput, if speeds jump up in the next few weeks that'll be exactly what happened.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
@elesbb
Input on what? the slow 3g speeds?
Old 10-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Input on what? the slow 3g speeds?
@gTen yup

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2