PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718
WMWiFiRouter on TP2

Okay, I have WMWiFiRouter installed on my Sprint TP2. Everything goes fine and it says "Ready" but I not able to discover the connection. I have tried computers and even phones. No one is able to discover it. Anyone know why?

Don't forget to say thanx! ;]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:53 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: WMWiFiRouter on TP2

you did something wrong then if even another phone wont pick it up....also...it is another decent phone your trying right? i imagine not all wifi enabled phones support an adhoc connection so it may not be visible to their device... just a thought...

you chose sprint...then dynamic....then adhoc??? then it will load up...chose wep or open...i honestly do open, because why not share with someone if they actually find my connection...stay on karmas good side abit lol...after that pick your name... put in your key or trial....

like i said it has to be your setup if multiple different handsets and computers arent seeing it
Old 09-18-2009, 03:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good workivwonka is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

used it twice now on my sprint tp2. first time my buddy's dell laptop connected great. he was getting 54 m/s and was streaming video. but last night someone else's bb couldnt find it. never figured out why. maybe it cant use adhoc? sprint's not gonna nail us for using this as long as we dont overdo it right?

TMOUS HD2:
NAND: HyperDroid GBX
Old 09-18-2009, 03:24 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

honestly dunno bout BBs...they run their own stuff their own way usually though so it wouuld suprise me if it didnt supoort it..

and yeah youll be all good for sure...especially if u dont over do it...almost,there could be someone somewhere lol, no charges ever have been reported
Old 09-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

on my TP all devices find the connection. It could perhaps be the device it self perhaps. Going to try it on my brothers TP2. Ill keep ya posted...
Old 09-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink718 View Post
Okay, I have WMWiFiRouter installed on my Sprint TP2. Everything goes fine and it says "Ready" but I not able to discover the connection. I have tried computers and even phones. No one is able to discover it. Anyone know why?
no sure why it doesn't work for you because i haven't had an issue yet using this
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 09-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yea its a device issue. Installed it on my brother TP2 and it gets stuck at the ICS status. Just like some of the TP has issues with this program are arising on the TP2. Only way to resolve it is it to one that WMWiFiRouter will work on.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I downloaded the trial last night, and was having trouble getting it to work until I got rid of WEP. Then it worked great
Old 09-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Do you have CM Guardian disabled?

Try uninstalling it, downloading a fresh CAB and install it to the memory via Activesync and not disk transfer.

Reset the phone after you uninstall it, don't open any programs and reinstall from the memory card.

Sometimes it take a minute for your pc's Wifi to pick up the signal, (when it get's enough packets or something?).

It seems like it may be the phone because other machines have failed to pick it up, but it's possible that it's on the computer side still. Worst case, go into your PC's hardware manager and uninstall the driver for your wireless card, when you reset your PC, it will reinstall fresh with no settings, I've had to do this to pick up a WiFi signal at convention center.

Also make sure the WiFi switch is "On" in the communications tab under settings.

These are the ones that I use...(See Attachments)
Attached Files
File Type: cab ICS and WModem Fix.cab (84.8 KB, 157 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab HTC Wi-Fi Sharing.cab (169.9 KB, 2153 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bobturismo; 09-19-2009 at 03:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420

i had a few issues using it on the Diamond, but after wiping it then restoring it w/ spb backup minus system data.(uncheck it) it worked fine. i did a clean install of the program from the website and it now works flawlessly on my tp2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2