PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   WMWiFiRouter on TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85611)

ink718 09-18-2009 01:45 AM

WMWiFiRouter on TP2

Okay, I have WMWiFiRouter installed on my Sprint TP2. Everything goes fine and it says "Ready" but I not able to discover the connection. I have tried computers and even phones. No one is able to discover it. Anyone know why?

boredandtattooed 09-18-2009 02:53 AM

Re: WMWiFiRouter on TP2

you did something wrong then if even another phone wont pick it up....also...it is another decent phone your trying right? i imagine not all wifi enabled phones support an adhoc connection so it may not be visible to their device... just a thought...

you chose sprint...then dynamic....then adhoc??? then it will load up...chose wep or open...i honestly do open, because why not share with someone if they actually find my connection...stay on karmas good side abit lol...after that pick your name... put in your key or trial....

like i said it has to be your setup if multiple different handsets and computers arent seeing it

ivwonka 09-18-2009 03:12 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

used it twice now on my sprint tp2. first time my buddy's dell laptop connected great. he was getting 54 m/s and was streaming video. but last night someone else's bb couldnt find it. never figured out why. maybe it cant use adhoc? sprint's not gonna nail us for using this as long as we dont overdo it right?

boredandtattooed 09-18-2009 03:24 AM

honestly dunno bout BBs...they run their own stuff their own way usually though so it wouuld suprise me if it didnt supoort it..

and yeah youll be all good for sure...especially if u dont over do it...almost,there could be someone somewhere lol, no charges ever have been reported

ink718 09-18-2009 01:31 PM

on my TP all devices find the connection. It could perhaps be the device it self perhaps. Going to try it on my brothers TP2. Ill keep ya posted...

Young_breedent 09-18-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ink718 (Post 1175510)
Okay, I have WMWiFiRouter installed on my Sprint TP2. Everything goes fine and it says "Ready" but I not able to discover the connection. I have tried computers and even phones. No one is able to discover it. Anyone know why?

no sure why it doesn't work for you because i haven't had an issue yet using this

ink718 09-19-2009 02:38 PM

Yea its a device issue. Installed it on my brother TP2 and it gets stuck at the ICS status. Just like some of the TP has issues with this program are arising on the TP2. Only way to resolve it is it to one that WMWiFiRouter will work on.

TheBundo 09-19-2009 03:18 PM

I downloaded the trial last night, and was having trouble getting it to work until I got rid of WEP. Then it worked great

bobturismo 09-19-2009 03:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Do you have CM Guardian disabled?

Try uninstalling it, downloading a fresh CAB and install it to the memory via Activesync and not disk transfer.

Reset the phone after you uninstall it, don't open any programs and reinstall from the memory card.

Sometimes it take a minute for your pc's Wifi to pick up the signal, (when it get's enough packets or something?).

It seems like it may be the phone because other machines have failed to pick it up, but it's possible that it's on the computer side still. Worst case, go into your PC's hardware manager and uninstall the driver for your wireless card, when you reset your PC, it will reinstall fresh with no settings, I've had to do this to pick up a WiFi signal at convention center.

Also make sure the WiFi switch is "On" in the communications tab under settings.

These are the ones that I use...(See Attachments)

popularbelief420 09-19-2009 03:45 PM

i had a few issues using it on the Diamond, but after wiping it then restoring it w/ spb backup minus system data.(uncheck it) it worked fine. i did a clean install of the program from the website and it now works flawlessly on my tp2