PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 07:19 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: WMWiFiRouter on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Yeah is there any way yo get faster speeds. Its not that slow but it getsa bit annoying, especially if you downloading.
3G Average download speeds 600Kbps - 1.4 Mbps Peak download speeds Up to 3.1 Mbps... your bound by 3G's limit..... so theres not alot of room for improvement... in my own experience anything over like 2.2, you need like perfect signal or to be in close range of a tower to achieve.. YMMV though..

EDit - also you can technically use 2 internet connections at once by changing the metric... ive never personally tried this though.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1737282-post1.html and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258487/EN-US/ ..

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 02-09-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Gee
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

Gee is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Smile Re: WMWiFiRouter on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
Do you have CM Guardian disabled?

Try uninstalling it, downloading a fresh CAB and install it to the memory via Activesync and not disk transfer.

Reset the phone after you uninstall it, don't open any programs and reinstall from the memory card.

Sometimes it take a minute for your pc's Wifi to pick up the signal, (when it get's enough packets or something?).

It seems like it may be the phone because other machines have failed to pick it up, but it's possible that it's on the computer side still. Worst case, go into your PC's hardware manager and uninstall the driver for your wireless card, when you reset your PC, it will reinstall fresh with no settings, I've had to do this to pick up a WiFi signal at convention center.

Also make sure the WiFi switch is "On" in the communications tab under settings.

These are the ones that I use...(See Attachments)

Hey is this cab available for Android phones? Ive heard every one I know with Android say that have to pay $20 a month for wifi router/hotspot. Just wondering, I wanna hook a friend up cause im loving it....
Old 02-10-2011, 12:51 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Hey is this cab available for Android phones? Ive heard every one I know with Android say that have to pay $20 a month for wifi router/hotspot. Just wondering, I wanna hook a friend up cause im loving it....
SPrint offical Hotspot charge is $30/month
At&t's is $45/month

dunno anyone elses lol..

If you want FRee Wifi Tether/Hotspot on android... youll be to be rooted to start... then use one of the apps, or customs Roms.....

but "WmWifiRouter" is Not available on ANdroid
Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Gee
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

Gee is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OK. Guess thats settled. I'll stick to my WM OS. yay to wifirouter.

Thanks men.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:27 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:

Thanks men.
Rooting is pretty easy, lots of one click options.... I tether for free on all 4 of my TP1/2 series devices in Android using an App called AndroidTether...

I like my winMO too though, but Im just saying dont be scared to make the jump...... it is possible for free hotspot on Android..
Old 02-10-2011, 11:04 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:

Thanks men.
I think you misunderstood..he said WMWIFIROUTER (which is a winmo only app) is not available..that said there are Wifi Routers available for Android...most popular being Android-Wifi-Tether..its free and only requires rooting..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC tp2
Carrier: sprint

firecracker_rc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

hi, I've been reading this thread but still having problems, could someone walk me through the process of setting up my Sprint tp2 as a WiFi hotspot (and USB tethering)? I'm trying to connect to an android tablet.

I have installed wmwifirouter and the WiFi sharing cab posted by Zulu- the link he posted for USB is not working. Both installed and seem to work on my phone - they show up in the WiFi list on my phone, but don't show up in the WiFi list on my tab. what am I missing? are their additional settings I need to change on my phone or tab for this to work? or something else I need to install?
Old 10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

the only way to connect a tablet to your WiFi tether is through android port on your phone , since all program for windows mobile use an ad-hoc connection which is not supported by the tablet
Old 10-19-2011, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC tp2
Carrier: sprint

firecracker_rc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

what is an android port? is this an app or something I can install on my phone?
Old 10-19-2011, 06:27 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker_rc View Post
what is an android port? is this an app or something I can install on my phone?
lol nope its better . its running android OS directly on your phone . all you need is an SD card ! I'd link to the forum page but I'm mobile right now . but its in the touch pro 2 development forum . you'll see it .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2