PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having trouble staying in 3G? Is your VZW TP2 getting stuck in 1X mode?
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 16 7.27%
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X but I did NOT have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 117 53.18%
No, no problems here AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 7 3.18%
No, no problems here and I never had a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 80 36.36%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (Returned)
Carrier: Verizon

PPCGeek01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

Unfortunately, I have decided to return my Touch Pro2. Between this problem and several other issues, I don't feel comfortable locking myself into a commitment with this phone.

With all the new phones on Verizon's horizon, I'm just going to wait and see if another manufacture can do better.

I'm extremely disappointed, since this was my first smartphone and I really wanted to like it, but alas, it just hasn't lived up to my expectations.

Best of luck to the rest of you soldiering on. Hopefully HTC or Verizon comes out with a fix soon. I'll continue to monitor this thread in the hopes it changes my mind.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

rp4643 is just getting started

Sorry to hear that but you have to be happy! Not sure of a better WINMO phone? I owned a iphone for a month and loved it..but ATT Su$ked or I would of kept it.
What new phones are on the horizon? Also, I have owned this phone about 25 days, whats the return policy if your pending resolvement to a problem?
Old 10-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

None here
Old 10-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
None here
Well that's good. This is a Verizon TP2 poll though
Old 10-03-2009, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro Touch 2 (VZW)
Carrier: VZW

Pride is becoming a great contributor
Wink Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

not really man it really depends on where you are. I live in NY and around here, There are cell towers everywhere from Verizon and sprint is kinda lacking around here so its the choice here to go with Verizon. Now i no that my friend who lives in cali says sprint is amazing over there because of the tower placement. So like i said its really about where you are and the nearest tower that's around you.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (Returned)

PPCGeek01 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp4643 View Post
Sorry to hear that but you have to be happy! Not sure of a better WINMO phone? I owned a iphone for a month and loved it..but ATT Su$ked or I would of kept it.
What new phones are on the horizon? Also, I have owned this phone about 25 days, whats the return policy if your pending resolvement to a problem?
Well within the next several months Verizon should be releasing the HTC Imagio, BB Storm 2, Samsung Omnia 2, and Motorola Sholes/Droid.

As far as the return policy you have 30 days to return the equipment in working condition from the time of activation if you're not satisfied.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

NotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to NotATreoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCGeek01 View Post
Well within the next several months Verizon should be releasing the HTC Imagio, BB Storm 2, Samsung Omnia 2, and Motorola Sholes/Droid.

As far as the return policy you have 30 days to return the equipment in working condition from the time of activation if you're not satisfied.
The Imagio launches tomorrow, with WinMo 6.5. The Storm 2 is due just before Thanksgiving. The Omnia 2 in about 3 weeks. Not sure about Motorola... I hate everything about them.

The return policy is 30 days, but you will have to pay a restocking fee, and you will not be credited for the activation/upgrade fee (if you paid one).

TP2 CDMA ROMs: WM 6.5
TP GSM ROMs: WM 6.1 / WM6.5

Moderator at XDA-Developers

never required, but always appreciated.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

NotATreoFan: have you had any issues with your replacement? It's been several days now.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

sometims it goes to 1X then jumps right back to 3G
Old 10-04-2009, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

NotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to NotATreoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
NotATreoFan: have you had any issues with your replacement? It's been several days now.
I've had 2 incidents since activating the replacement. Both of them occurred after I had been sending a lot of text messages back and forth and then quickly opening Opera and trying to browse the web.

In one case, 3G came back on it's own within 15 seconds, and the other took a soft reset to resolve. No further *228 required.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2