PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having trouble staying in 3G? Is your VZW TP2 getting stuck in 1X mode?
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 16 7.27%
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X but I did NOT have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 117 53.18%
No, no problems here AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 7 3.18%
No, no problems here and I never had a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 80 36.36%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

Well I almost made it a whole week with no issues. Now I'm stuck in 1X again.

Very frustrating. I see 8notime got his replaced.

How have the rest of you faired who were having this issue?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I did get mine replaced, yes. I also still have a trouble ticket open with Verizon to check on the network side. As of this morning, they still had not assigned it to a technician & I opened the ticket on the 18th. As I posted in my other thread, I'm glad I ended up exchanging it for a number of other reasons. It's too early to tell if the 3G part is fixed or not. I'll keep everyone posted on what Verizon tells me and how the phone continues to perform.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I did get mine replaced, yes. I also still have a trouble ticket open with Verizon to check on the network side. As of this morning, they still had not assigned it to a technician & I opened the ticket on the 18th. As I posted in my other thread, I'm glad I ended up exchanging it for a number of other reasons. It's too early to tell if the 3G part is fixed or not. I'll keep everyone posted on what Verizon tells me and how the phone continues to perform.
Yeah I saw your other thread.

I'm only hesitating exchanging this one because other than this issue, I feel it's perfect. Buttons are excellent, screen is excellent, no stuck/dead pixels.

My luck and I'll exchange it and get one with a ton of stuck pixels.

I just did a *228 option 2 and that seems to have fixed it (again) for now. Shouldn't have to keep doing that though (and of course it doesn't always work).
Old 09-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah that is a tough one. My only theory now is that that ours had defective radios that somehow get "stuck" and the only way to reset them is to do the programming routine. I was never able to make it more than a few days without it getting stuck in 1X, so that's pretty good that you did. I think I'll have to go at least 7 days before I think this new phone is good.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

dshay is a n00b

Same boat here. Actually called to get mine replaced yesterday but now they are sold out so they can't replace.. Argh. Of course for 24 hours it's been OK, but it feels like a ticking time bomb a bit. Wish I at least knew whether it was specific to the device or the firmware/software so I knew if a replacement is worthwhile at all...
Old 09-25-2009, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

NotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNotATreoFan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to NotATreoFan

I activated my Touch Pro2 on Tuesday, and am also getting stuck in 1x. The only time I can get 3G is in Center City Philadelphia, even through I'm surrounded by 3G coverage for a 100+ mile radius. I am also getting really poor voice quality on the ear speaker, but people say they can hear me fine.

I switched from AT&T, so I know there can't be any old CDMA devices running around with my phone number programmed. After reprogramming my phone with *228 opt 1 & 2, *22890, and calling Verizon, my next step is exchanging the phone.

My cousin also activated a TP2 on the same day as me, and his holds 3G all day long. Since I'm now on Day 4, I'd say Verizon has about 25 more days to correct this or else I'm heading back over to GSM-land.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Almost a VIP

Update: replacement device got stuck in 1X mode. There's 1 reason I'm paying $50 a month more to be on Verizon than on Sprint. If they don't fix this, I might as well go back.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Mine doesn't seem to get stuck in 1X, but my data speeds the last few times I've checked them with a mobile speed test almost suggest that I am as I haven't gotten over 600KBps recently. Then again, maybe that is the best I'll get where I was at with EVDO, but I was expecting more. I know that my icon does flash between 1x and 3g, so I'm going to say it's fine, but who knows.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:55 AM
Almost a VIP

If I switched from 3G to 1x every once in a while that would be one thing. Sprint did that when I had them. My friends at&t phone switches in and out of 3G. But to get stuck in 1x until I reprogram is really frustrating. I walked up the street to the Verizon corporate store the other day when it got stuck in 1x, and every phone in that store had an EV connection except mine.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

kdonahue is becoming a great contributor

I'm on week 2 with the phone. I had the problem on the first day but then it cleared up after two *228, option 1 calls. It's held 3G since. Until today. I noticed I was stuck in 1X with 4 bars. Another *228, option 1 and it's been back on 3G again. Looks like I need to mark my calendar for the 30 days, assuming a replacement won't have the same issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2