PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 Price match with Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Verizon is selling their TP1 for $99.99 now. lol

But yeah, theirs sucks, I know. But still...
Dan@sprint.com should get an email from those that feel the price should be more in line with their main competition.

It should have the sprint link with all (only) the PDA prices and verizon link with all (only) the PDA prices. Maybe a few emails can help sway the price? I dunno.

I really think they are just waiting for the bleeding edge early adopters to buy it before coming down to a more competive market price.

who knows now lets get those emails rolling.

Lets do this.

Dear Dan,

Your price....
Verizon's price...
Sprint's link
Verizon's link

lol

email sent.

flame on
Old 09-11-2009, 04:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: att

OneOfOne is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to OneOfOne
Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 Price match with Verizon

its about time these crybabies who abuse retentions get slammed as they should.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's their old crappy plans...here's what they have now:
Unfortunately, none of those plans will work with the TP2. You have to select from the PDA/Smartphone Nationwide Email & Messaging plans to get comparable features. They start at $99 for 450 minutes and that doesn't include VZ Navigator or Media.

Last edited by 8notime; 09-11-2009 at 04:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

I agree that the verizon version is much sexier and cheaper... but... I wont be getting rid of sprint anytime soon.. theres no other provider out there that can give me what sero does.. 500 min, unlimited everything else for 30 bux a month.. so in the end, im saving that extra 150 after about 4 months.. heres how i calculate it

Sprint tp2 = 350 after MIR ( what i paid at least )
plan 30 x 12 = 360 ( before tax )
--------------------
710 after a year

Verizon tp2 = 199 after MIR
plan 70 x 12 = 840 (before tax )
----------------------
1039 after a year..

so even if you got the verizon version for free you are still paying more one the cheapest similar plan.. and i get 50 more minutes out the deal... I think ill stay with sprint. Now ovbiously this doesnt apply to everyone.. Only the lucky sero plan holders..
Old 09-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Unfortunately, none of those plans will work with the TP2. You have to select from the PDA/Smartphone Nationwide Email & Messaging plans to get comparable features. They start at $99 for 450 minutes and that doesn't include VZ Navigator or Media.

hahahaha, even better call on this one...haha
Old 09-11-2009, 04:30 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by d33170 View Post
I spoke with a Sprint Retentions rep located in Florida. Told him that I was at a Verizon store and was going to have them port my current Sprint line to theirs if they couldn't give me a good offer for the TP2. Rep knew I wasn't eligible for any upgrades until 11/2010 (Used my $150 upgrade last year for the TP1). Rep went ahead and knocked off $200 the original price ($599). Told him that it was still too much and I was going to get the TP2 through Verizon for $199 after MIR. The Rep knocked off $50 more and activation+shipping. Told him I'll take the offer if he assures me that the phone will be shipped overnight. Rep committed to the deal and I took the offer. Once I receive the TP2, I'm going to sell my TP1 for $130 which sums up to:

$599
-$250 Retentions
$349
-$130 TP1
**$219** Before taxes
Shipping &
Activation + Overnight delivery waived

Btw, I have the SERO F&F 500 plan.
Wow...that guy must have been an idiot or something. You got super lucky. I tried the same exact thing yesterday and the person I talked to was like "You have to pay $200 ETF, get rid of your $30 plan, pay $70/mo committed for 2 years, all to save $225 from our retail price of the phone. No." Ok, that's not EXACTLY what she said, but it's pretty darn similar.

Although it sucks that they won't price match, she had a point. :/
Old 09-11-2009, 04:46 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

ah, i LOVE it... VZW guys think they got somethin... hate to bring you guys down, but 1 phone at a good price, hardly makes up for your rate plans and previously gimped devices... its cool though... just shows how frustrated you really are with your carrier, that you need to try to shove something down our face as VZW FINALLY did something right for you guys..

sprints phone prices r high because they have better rate plans over all... i saw the pic above with the VZW plan.. sprint has that same thing now, with 450minutes even at same price.. Everything data, and now you get that anymobile/anytime so who needs pick 5 when any cell phone on any carrier is free... Sprint still WINS!! lol

as far as price matching goes... i can admit i called today, just a bit ago actually... they are trying to refuse anything.. i got one for 199, but now id like another, since now the TP1 feels like a tiny,cheap toy compared to TP2...i have an upgrade on another line, so i figured id see whats up...

no go for str8 price match... got offered a free month of service-which i took, thats 99bucks.. they tried to offer me the pick 3/5 things which they said was 10bucks a month.. i explained with Google Voice something like that wasnt neccessary.. but i pointed out that since they were offering me something that had a $$$/month for free, why not transfer that into a one time credit on my account, instead of me getting 60 a yr, every yr credit ($5/month+12months=60).. i pointed out ive been a customer for 9yrs and if i stayed 9more, thatd be 540 bucks they gave me...

it was no problem to get another 100dollars applied to my account after that.... so while theres no technically discount on the device, i had to pay the 450+tax etc for this one, minus MIR eventually... and i got a free month service(again LOL, i get these all the time), so thats 100 bucks... and then the 100 credit applied...

so i got 200bucks, i did better than the 150 they wouldve price matched..... gotta love when they give u more than what u wanted LOL...

but yeah, they wont actually discount the handset price for you-you may get them too from a promo or discount for other reason-but not for the sake of "price matching".. they seem to be handing out other deals to offset complaints though...

take that VZW guys LMFAO
Old 09-11-2009, 04:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Google I/O

d33170 is just getting started

Quote:
Wow...that guy must have been an idiot or something. You got super lucky. I tried the same exact thing yesterday and the person I talked to was like "You have to pay $200 ETF, get rid of your $30 plan, pay $70/mo committed for 2 years, all to save $225 from our retail price of the phone. No." Ok, that's not EXACTLY what she said, but it's pretty darn similar.

Although it sucks that they won't price match, she had a point. :/
Yeah SUPER lucky... It took like 5 tries to get it..and they didn't budge. I was losing hope until finally on my last attempt I told them that I was the at the Verizon store and was ready to cancel Sprint's service.

I'm actually satisfied with the offer i got. I was so close to switching to that new plan with the free mobile to mobile to any carrier for $69. Thank God I didn't give up..!
Old 09-11-2009, 04:56 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Why all the carrier bashing on this forum? I think Verizon is taking some big steps to be a better service lately. They offer very comparable plans (now), and their TP2 is much cheaper than Sprint's. From what I hear from Verizon customers in my area is that it's a great service, too. Their coverage is unmatched and it's always clear. (this is just what I hear. I have no personal experience with them)
Old 09-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
take that VZW guys LMFAO
I'm not married to any particular carrier, and I'd be back to Sprint in a heartbeat if they delivered text messages, voicemail notifications, and phone calls reliably. I know your experience may be different, but I spent a lot of time trying to get Sprint to fix these issues with no success. At some point I had no choice to leave. I'm not paying 30% more because I think it's fun or because I'm brand loyal, and Sprint isn't charging 30% less because they are the best out there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2