PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have 1 or more dead pixel on your pro 2?
YES 54 32.93%
NO 110 67.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 04:17 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
If you read my past post, you may see that this is a camera issue and not a screen issue though. I made 5 solid color png images so I knew that the entire screen would be the same color. Also made them the exact resolution of the phone screen. Went to HTC Album and opened the images. I used HTC album because it opens them to the full screen view. I had just cleaned off the phone as well to avoid any discoloration due to smudges and looked at each of the pictures of solid color. When doing this, I did not see a single dead/stuck pixel on my screen. However, when I use the camera application to get a "black" screen, I do see dots on the screen, which tells me that the screen itself is fine, but something else is wrong with the camera and the screen is displaying those imperfections. I'd advise others to download the 5 images or make your own (black, white, blue, red, and green) and do the same thing I did to verify that they really are dead/stuck, because in my case, the weren't as no defects were noticed when viewing a solid color image.
Make a new thread & poll with the attached images and see how many users still have the problem. lol

BTW, it can be easily detected with just a white image and a black image. green and white would be seen easily on black, red would be easily seen on both black or white, and blue and black would be easily seen on white.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
If you read my past post, you may see that this is a camera issue and not a screen issue though. I made 5 solid color png images so I knew that the entire screen would be the same color. Also made them the exact resolution of the phone screen. Went to HTC Album and opened the images. I used HTC album because it opens them to the full screen view. I had just cleaned off the phone as well to avoid any discoloration due to smudges and looked at each of the pictures of solid color. When doing this, I did not see a single dead/stuck pixel on my screen. However, when I use the camera application to get a "black" screen, I do see dots on the screen, which tells me that the screen itself is fine, but something else is wrong with the camera and the screen is displaying those imperfections. I'd advise others to download the 5 images or make your own (black, white, blue, red, and green) and do the same thing I did to verify that they really are dead/stuck, because in my case, the weren't as no defects were noticed when viewing a solid color image.
It has nothing to do with the camera. I had three TP2s in my hand and I didn't use the camera to do it on any of them. Just turned off TF3D and put the brightness on the highest setting and went into a dark room. You can also put the brightness on hight and reboot your phone in a dark room. The first screen that comes up it black and you should see it on there also. I am pretty sure I didn't get the only 3 with this problem sent to me which sent out on 3 different days.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

the irony of the last couple posts is you guys complaining about ex's hatred for the tp2 but you're posting in his thread! wowzers!
Old 09-18-2009, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
It has nothing to do with the camera. I had three TP2s in my hand and I didn't use the camera to do it on any of them. Just turned off TF3D and put the brightness on the highest setting and went into a dark room. You can also put the brightness on hight and reboot your phone in a dark room. The first screen that comes up it black and you should see it on there also. I am pretty sure I didn't get the only 3 with this problem sent to me which sent out on 3 different days.
I dont think he was trying to discredit your claim. Its pretty clear to most people when you have a stuck pixel. I would imagine that 99% of the folks affected are actually seeing stuck pixels as well but this is worth a shot for that 1% and even for those folk, you have to decide if the camera is important enough to you to send it back... any defect would be enough for me. And did I read that you settled on the first? I had that same issue with my i760 and I called up manager to manager until they gave me another, FREE, phone. which they did. Give it a shot. At the very least you will receive another phone that may be free of defect and at best you will be comped the cost of the phone, maybe more. The faster the carriers get word of an issue that actually costs them money the faster they bark and the manufacturer.

Phone

Sprint
PPC-6600

Verizon
Samsumg i760
HTC VX6800 - Mogul
HTC VX6850 - Touch Pro
HTC VX6875 - Touch Pro 2

Feathered Access -
Free Live Mobile Television On The Go!
http://featheredaccess.com
Old 09-18-2009, 05:07 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldersoul View Post
That's because I know he'll see it and while he will probably spin it into something positive (like attention that he doesnt get from women) in his head, I hold out hope that he will recoil at the realization of what a douche he is.
let me put it more bluntly, if you don't have a problem, don't post here. you and the others guys are thread-jacking, which WILL get you a time out from this site.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

Just got my replacement TP2 from Verizon (The first one has battery issue's and a crackling earpiece). The first TP2 had no stuck or dead pixels, the second one has about 10. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

I had this same issue with my Titan, but then they were available in the store and I just went in and got another one within my 30 days. But now I'd have to have a third one sent to me, what a pain.

Last edited by Gulanowski; 09-18-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
Just got my replacement TP2 from Verizon (The first one has battery issue's and a crackling earpiece). The first TP2 had no stuck or dead pixels, the second one has about 10. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

I had this same issue with my Titan, but then they were available in the store and I just went in and got another one within my 30 days. But now I'd have to have a third one sent to me, what a pain.
Return it and ask for compensation. Simple. Verizon is pretty good about cycling the phones out so you dont have to be without. If it doesnt bother you it still wont hurt to call and ask for a discount since your new phone isnt perfect. They are always willing to knock $20 bux off your bill for customer retention.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
let me put it more bluntly, if you don't have a problem, don't post here. you and the others guys are thread-jacking, which WILL get you a time out from this site.
says the guy thread jacking the thread.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:23 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I'm just curious why Exil3d hangs out in the TP2 forum anyway. He has a TP and says he won't be purchasing a TP2. So why even hang out in this section? I haven't been back to the Diamond forum since the second I opened my TP2. Why hang out in a forum about a device you don't own or plan to own.

I have something you might wan't to do a poll on. How many TP2 owners with dead pixels are willing to go back to there TP or Diamond without any dead pixels. Let's see the results of that one. That will tell you how big of a deal people think this is.
yea, it didnt bother me at first, but this dude is really starting to make a stench in this tp2 forum, i bet if i went to the palm pre forum and did what he does, id get warned or banned.... unless he had one i think any bitc he has is irrelivent
Old 09-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by obamaftw08 View Post
says the guy thread jacking the thread.
watch this...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2