View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 04:46 PM
eman
VIP Member

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
If you read my past post, you may see that this is a camera issue and not a screen issue though. I made 5 solid color png images so I knew that the entire screen would be the same color. Also made them the exact resolution of the phone screen. Went to HTC Album and opened the images. I used HTC album because it opens them to the full screen view. I had just cleaned off the phone as well to avoid any discoloration due to smudges and looked at each of the pictures of solid color. When doing this, I did not see a single dead/stuck pixel on my screen. However, when I use the camera application to get a "black" screen, I do see dots on the screen, which tells me that the screen itself is fine, but something else is wrong with the camera and the screen is displaying those imperfections. I'd advise others to download the 5 images or make your own (black, white, blue, red, and green) and do the same thing I did to verify that they really are dead/stuck, because in my case, the weren't as no defects were noticed when viewing a solid color image.
It has nothing to do with the camera. I had three TP2s in my hand and I didn't use the camera to do it on any of them. Just turned off TF3D and put the brightness on the highest setting and went into a dark room. You can also put the brightness on hight and reboot your phone in a dark room. The first screen that comes up it black and you should see it on there also. I am pretty sure I didn't get the only 3 with this problem sent to me which sent out on 3 different days.