PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have 1 or more dead pixel on your pro 2?
YES 54 32.93%
NO 110 67.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Seems like ppl get rather nasty to hear the truth. Theres a large % that if you do buy one you will have these stuck pixels. I am in no way telling peopl not to buy this phone but rather giving out a fact. I am sure there are alot of members here who do appreciate this knowledge rather than spending over 600 dollars and have a nasty surprise when they go home. And not all members are like some here who care less fro a few stuck pixels, must here value their money and would love to have a flawless pixel defect LCD screen like we are already used to .
Old 09-18-2009, 01:45 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

A scanner probably won't work with the type of LCD we have in our phones, but camera & tripod should.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:46 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Seems like ppl get rather nasty to hear the truth. Theres a large % that if you do buy one you will have these stuck pixels. I am in no way telling peopl not to buy this phone but rather giving out a fact. I am sure there are alot of members here who do appreciate this knowledge rather than spending over 600 dollars and have a nasty surprise when they go home. And not all members are like some here who care less fro a few stuck pixels, must here value their money and would love to have a flawless pixel defect LCD screen like we are already used to .
Yeah. I, for one, definitely appreciate this information, and if it does turn out to be actual stuck pixels and not the camera application, I will be waiting to purchase my TP2.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6875 Touch pro2, Sprint Touch pro(VzW), XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

Sephiro is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Sephiro

2 in the lower right of my screen
Old 09-18-2009, 02:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Yeah. I, for one, definitely appreciate this information, and if it does turn out to be actual stuck pixels and not the camera application, I will be waiting to purchase my TP2.
Nothing to do with the camera at all. You can see it on a bright screen with a black background. The only reason people are using the camera is becuase it gives you the setup you need to see it.

I just realized my Diamond had one after a year of using it. I decided to check for it and there was one. I remember checking when I bought it but didn't see any at the time, as I returned the first one I received becuase of it. Point being, you will never notice they are there while you use the device.

Last edited by eman; 09-18-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Nasty nothing. Im not talking about this thread alone. You inject disinformation and drum up hatred for this phone where ever you go.

Quote:
A few ppl have mentioned this. So whats going on? Is it the fact that it does have lower mem than the Pro1?
"is it the FACT" its not a fact at all. Its patently false but you give credence to it and im SURE you know this. I couldnt imagine someone who spends this much time on a forum bashing a phone not looking at a spec sheet. If someone hadnt corrected you then that post would have sat for prospective buyers to see and believe.

Its not that you are gathering information for others, THAT IS FINE, its the shady and backhanded way you do it. You are pathetic.

EDIT: I'm not blind to the problems either. There is NOTHING I hate more in a phone than dead pixels. I have sent numerous units back over the years (FROM DIFFERENT MANUFACTURERS) for that issue. I even got verizon to give me my i760 (samsung) for free because of the returns. I just think you are biased and hearing your posts about any phone would piss me off. It's like watching FOXNews.

Phone

Sprint
PPC-6600

Verizon
Samsumg i760
HTC VX6800 - Mogul
HTC VX6850 - Touch Pro
HTC VX6875 - Touch Pro 2

Feathered Access -
Free Live Mobile Television On The Go!
http://featheredaccess.com

Last edited by eldersoul; 09-18-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm just curious why Exil3d hangs out in the TP2 forum anyway. He has a TP and says he won't be purchasing a TP2. So why even hang out in this section? I haven't been back to the Diamond forum since the second I opened my TP2. Why hang out in a forum about a device you don't own or plan to own.

I have something you might wan't to do a poll on. How many TP2 owners with dead pixels are willing to go back to there TP or Diamond without any dead pixels. Let's see the results of that one. That will tell you how big of a deal people think this is.

Last edited by eman; 09-18-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I'm just curious why Exil3d hangs out in the TP2 forum anyway. He has a TP and says he won't be purchasing a TP2. So why even hang out in this section? I haven't been back to the Diamond forum since the second I opened my TP2. Why hang out in a forum about a device you don't own or plan to own.

I have something you might wan't to do a poll on. How many TP2 or Diamond owners with dead pixels are willing to go back to there TP or Diamond without any dead pixels. Let's see the results of that one. That will tell you how big of a deal people think this is.
That is an excellent question. I think it is because he is envious. He has a need to justify staying with the previous generation. Seriously... who goes to a forum for a phone they dont have and start commenting on its features and faults??? Where does he get off and why is everyone so willing to listen to this lonely individual?
Old 09-18-2009, 03:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Nothing to do with the camera at all. You can see it on a bright screen with a black background. The only reason people are using the camera is becuase it gives you the setup you need to see it.
If you read my past post, you may see that this is a camera issue and not a screen issue though. I made 5 solid color png images so I knew that the entire screen would be the same color. Also made them the exact resolution of the phone screen. Went to HTC Album and opened the images. I used HTC album because it opens them to the full screen view. I had just cleaned off the phone as well to avoid any discoloration due to smudges and looked at each of the pictures of solid color. When doing this, I did not see a single dead/stuck pixel on my screen. However, when I use the camera application to get a "black" screen, I do see dots on the screen, which tells me that the screen itself is fine, but something else is wrong with the camera and the screen is displaying those imperfections. I'd advise others to download the 5 images or make your own (black, white, blue, red, and green) and do the same thing I did to verify that they really are dead/stuck, because in my case, the weren't as no defects were noticed when viewing a solid color image.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
If you read my past post, you may see that this is a camera issue and not a screen issue though. I made 5 solid color png images so I knew that the entire screen would be the same color. Also made them the exact resolution of the phone screen. Went to HTC Album and opened the images. I used HTC album because it opens them to the full screen view. I had just cleaned off the phone as well to avoid any discoloration due to smudges and looked at each of the pictures of solid color. When doing this, I did not see a single dead/stuck pixel on my screen. However, when I use the camera application to get a "black" screen, I do see dots on the screen, which tells me that the screen itself is fine, but something else is wrong with the camera and the screen is displaying those imperfections. I'd advise others to download the 5 images or make your own (black, white, blue, red, and green) and do the same thing I did to verify that they really are dead/stuck, because in my case, the weren't as no defects were noticed when viewing a solid color image.
Really... damaged cameras... if this is true I would say that Exil3d should have to apologize for this hate thread but he'll just start another... "HTC SHIPS BROKEN CAMERA'S. YOU SHOULDNT TAKE THIS! DONT BUY THE TP2!"

Last edited by eldersoul; 09-18-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2