PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 01:39 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Release Date Sept 6TH Per Sprint Corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
It seems orangekid assumes everyone upgrading is coming from a Pro or Diamond. A lot of folks, like me, are on a Mogul (or older). Even so, it's not an easy decision, as a well working Mogul has a lot of features the TP lost, and even more features are lost on the TP2 (even more buttons lost, and the flashlight). And the ICI (Interactive Cartoon Interface ) has some functionality downsides, like the extra steps to cut and paste text from emails and text messages. But good working Moguls are getting scarcer, new ones almost impossible to find, so it's getting close to the time to bite the bullet, I'm afraid.
I totally understand this...but you do eventually get used to it. It's REALLY weird at first, especially for me, who unfortunately traded in the Mogul for a Touch, which was retarded. The move to TP was never regretted though. It's so much better than my Mogul in almost every single way. All I miss are the buttons and the scroll wheel.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowingAway View Post
Have they announced the price yet? And what method are you guys using to get it? Upgrade? Buying it outright?
I don't think they've even officially announced that it's being released at all, but it's obvious it will be, since reps now give a date on the phone. As to the price, it better come down, with T-Mobile now offering it for $149 (see story on the Home page of this site) until Sept. 1st, and $199 after that. I WON'T pay $299 from Sprint for this phone.

And an article today about SmartPhone prices falling:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/y...alling-prices/
Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hperry is just getting started

any chance we'll see this thing at best buy before sprint starts selling it directly? that's what happened with the TP and everyone was caught a little off guard by it. my bday is 8/31...hoping for the TP2 at BB by then!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hperry View Post
any chance we'll see this thing at best buy before sprint starts selling it directly? that's what happened with the TP and everyone was caught a little off guard by it. my bday is 8/31...hoping for the TP2 at BB by then!
No word on this yet. I'm sure many people (like me) have friends at Best Buy that are keeping tabs for them...
Old 08-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmuhammad View Post
Well, for me, the screen is a big plus, because I'm a graphic designer and I keep some of my work on my phone as a kind of little porfolio. So, the larger screen will help show better detail in my work.

However, it's not just the screen or 3.5 mm jack that makes me want this phone. I also like the new speaker phone and the conference calling feature. Even though you can do conference calling on any cell phone, the feature they have on this phone makes it a lot easier by just being able to check off the contacts that you'd like to add to the call.

I'm also in love with the new keyboard. I'm a very heavy email and sms user from my phone, so I am definitely all for a phone with a keyboard that will help me to be able to get messages out even faster.

Lastly, I also like the fact that htc is starting to cover up more of the windows mobile interface with the manila. It's so much sleeker. Hey, what can I say... I'm a visual person...
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
The conference calling deal, as well as manila (tf3d2) can be ported to a touch pro, and any really good rom I would think would emulate the "smoothness"

There are already ports of the touchflo on the diamond2 and the pro2 available, any software issue you have can be put on a pro1. The screen and 3.5mm is the only difference I see.

The instinct/iphone analagy isn't really a good one, a better analogy would be from a 3g to a 3gs, which is basically no difference.

But I don't wanna hate, its your money, your choice, your preference and it is a new phone with a wicked screen size/resolution. I don't like external keyboards which is why I have a diamond, but if that's a big deal then I can totally see the appeal, I guess my latent frustration at how easy it would have been to put a better processor and a better ui than just tweaking tf3d, especially when 6.5 is around the bend is coming out, maybe if I actually got one I'd feel differently.
ok people lets get this straight, you will not be able to conference in more then 2 people. that feature will only work with gsm models. Sprint is not changing its whole network for the feature of 1 phone, so don't be surprised when you can still only conference in 2 people and no more. the thing where you select 5 numbers then your phone calls them all and conferences them in will not work on any cdma network.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
same specs as the touch pro...(except screen and 3.5mm) not worth $400 imo, but if you rich then its all gravy
Same specs?? i think the TP2 is World GSM capable??? last time i check my TP can't do that, So I only need 1 phone now whether i'm home or abroad.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
ok people lets get this straight, you will not be able to conference in more then 2 people. that feature will only work with gsm models. Sprint is not changing its whole network for the feature of 1 phone, so don't be surprised when you can still only conference in 2 people and no more. the thing where you select 5 numbers then your phone calls them all and conferences them in will not work on any cdma network.
No saying your wrong because honestly i don't know. But how do you know this?? Where did you get this information from? Why would they advertise this as one of the main features yet you can't use it?
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 08-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
No saying your wrong because honestly i don't know. But how do you know this?? Where did you get this information from? Why would they advertise this as one of the main features yet you can't use it?
It's an HTC feature, not a CDMA function.... He's correct.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
well the t-mobile one can't do it and I also heard from pocketnow that all the cdma devices don't support more than a three way call, so mayeb the gsm works, but i know the cdma ones can't do more than the normal 3-way call thing
Old 08-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67

Quote:
The conference calling deal, as well as manila (tf3d2) can be ported to a touch pro, and any really good rom I would think would emulate the "smoothness"

There are already ports of the touchflo on the diamond2 and the pro2 available, any software issue you have can be put on a pro1. The screen and 3.5mm is the only difference I see.

The instinct/iphone analagy isn't really a good one, a better analogy would be from a 3g to a 3gs, which is basically no difference.

But I don't wanna hate, its your money, your choice, your preference and it is a new phone with a wicked screen size/resolution. I don't like external keyboards which is why I have a diamond, but if that's a big deal then I can totally see the appeal, I guess my latent frustration at how easy it would have been to put a better processor and a better ui than just tweaking tf3d, especially when 6.5 is around the bend is coming out, maybe if I actually got one I'd feel differently.

Your analogy of going from a 3G to a 3Gs is exactly on. That is how it is there is only a couple different things new about it, but it is still awesome and if you had a TP then you would agree. That is smart business and every company does it. They change only a couple things which does not really increase their cost by much and people go crazy over a new phone and go out and spend tons of money. Nothing wrong with that, like I said just smart business.

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2