PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 05:24 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Release Date Sept 6TH Per Sprint Corp

Nothing revolutionary here, but just to add to the "rumormill"...my EVP person at Sprint just responded to my email inquiry regarding the release date (take it with a grain of salt, but he has been a good rep with great CS)

"It’s looking more like a 9-8 date. We will get pre-order information up soon and I will let you know. As you know, this allows us to have everything ready to go as soon as it is available…sometimes it’s released a few days before the official date, sometimes a few days after."

Hopefully this is true!
Old 08-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
No saying your wrong because honestly i don't know. But how do you know this?? Where did you get this information from? Why would they advertise this as one of the main features yet you can't use it?
I know this one because im 100% sure our network doesn't support that feature, just because the phone can sprint isn't changing its whole network for 1 phone. Also the Telus tp2 is out and its cdma and its not possible.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboy8628 View Post
well the t-mobile one can't do it and I also heard from pocketnow that all the cdma devices don't support more than a three way call, so mayeb the gsm works, but i know the cdma ones can't do more than the normal 3-way call thing
T-Mobile is GSM
Old 08-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchris81 View Post
T-Mobile is GSM
correct, i'm not sure if its gsm or overseas gsm, but the htc conference call for now only works on overseas gsm models. It might work with at&t i'm not sure, but for certain it will not work with sprint, verizon, or telus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
Nothing revolutionary here, but just to add to the "rumormill"...my EVP person at Sprint just responded to my email inquiry regarding the release date (take it with a grain of salt, but he has been a good rep with great CS)

"It’s looking more like a 9-8 date. We will get pre-order information up soon and I will let you know. As you know, this allows us to have everything ready to go as soon as it is available…sometimes it’s released a few days before the official date, sometimes a few days after."

Hopefully this is true!
9/8 will be the day you can buy in stores, the direct ship date is 9/3. I believe your rep is correct.

Last edited by p-slim; 08-18-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

xxkennynycxx is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
No saying your wrong because honestly i don't know. But how do you know this?? Where did you get this information from? Why would they advertise this as one of the main features yet you can't use it?

The European one has a front facing camera also that we will never see as well.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Anyone know the # to dial on the 3rd to order it? Do i just call telesales? or is there a special # i can call =)
Old 08-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I don't think they've even officially announced that it's being released at all, but it's obvious it will be, since reps now give a date on the phone. As to the price, it better come down, with T-Mobile now offering it for $149 (see story on the Home page of this site) until Sept. 1st, and $199 after that. I WON'T pay $299 from Sprint for this phone.

And an article today about SmartPhone prices falling:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/y...alling-prices/
I just looked at TMobile and its listed as $349 on their site...

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Redneck3100 View Post
I just looked at TMobile and its listed as $349 on their site...
The deal is only through WMDeals.com

I think that even beats wal-mart's price for a new line. I think they are $200 for a new activation.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

noah from phonedog said in his video review of the tmo tp2 that u can't do more than 3way for conference calls. they had a fourth person, but couldnt do it. http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-v...o2-review.aspx
Old 08-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
The conference calling deal, as well as manila (tf3d2) can be ported to a touch pro, and any really good rom I would think would emulate the "smoothness"

There are already ports of the touchflo on the diamond2 and the pro2 available, any software issue you have can be put on a pro1. The screen and 3.5mm is the only difference I see.

The instinct/iphone analagy isn't really a good one, a better analogy would be from a 3g to a 3gs, which is basically no difference.

But I don't wanna hate, its your money, your choice, your preference and it is a new phone with a wicked screen size/resolution. I don't like external keyboards which is why I have a diamond, but if that's a big deal then I can totally see the appeal, I guess my latent frustration at how easy it would have been to put a better processor and a better ui than just tweaking tf3d, especially when 6.5 is around the bend is coming out, maybe if I actually got one I'd feel differently.
Actually, I am already running a rom on my touch pro that has been ported from manila 2.1 and runs winmo 6.5, but I have not seen any rom here that is sporting the conference calling feature, because the touch pro does not have a way to put calls on hold when making 3-way calls.
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2