PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 07:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Release Date Sept 6TH Per Sprint Corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
the only things on that list that im not sure the tp2 has are the compass and i dont know if it supports multitouch. anyone know 4sure?
tp2 has no mention of multi touch, so I'm pretty sure that is no, the tp2 doesn't support it. That's why there's the zoom bar on the bottom of the screen. There is no compass that I know of, either....
Old 07-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
tp2 has no mention of multi touch, so I'm pretty sure that is no, the tp2 doesn't support it. That's why there's the zoom bar on the bottom of the screen. There is no compass that I know of, either....
thanx for the answer
Old 07-29-2009, 08:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
I don't believe it's required...but WM7 is supposed to have support for capacitive and multi-touch displays.

I think hardware-wise it's ready to go for WM7. The only real requirement that the TP1 doesn't meet for WM7 is a dedicated Windows Key...which the Tp2 should have (from screens I have seen it's a hard-key on the lower left).
Wow, the TP1 lost the Windows key too, as part of "upgrading" from the Mogul?
Old 07-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

I wonder if the TP2 has the zoom bar because when it was developed, it was set for 6.1 and 6.5 which do not support multi-touch.

I also remember seeing somewhere that there was a video of the TP1 having multi-touch support while in test mode. I know it was showing the area where the d-pad is but would make me thing that multi-touch would be software not only hardware based.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidersgalore View Post
You know going back to what
I was told yesturday, the BB in So.County has them in stock as does the shipping wharehouse. just need to get the ok to sell them. See Canada does not have to deal with the FCC, so they were able to blast out of the gates. Lets hope the FCC gets off their a$$e$ and does something. So maybe they dude who said the 26th, was kinda right.
But I thought Canada has the CRTC, which is Canadian FCC but more strict?
Old 07-29-2009, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
But I thought Canada has the CRTC, which is Canadian FCC but more strict?
I doubt they are more strict - Canadian police scanners are illegal to import here because they don't block the cellular frequencies
Old 07-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

When it comes to multi-touch, I swear I saw a YouTube video of a TP demo that showed it was capable of multi-touch.

The problem is that in terms of some multi-touch gestures like the pinch, they are patented by Apple.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850

liquidspry is a n00b
Re: Release Date

The date again is September 3rd as per managers playbook... this phone is already in the hands of a few in a test bed... don't believe it? then let time tell....
Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just call it a "Splash with a Twist"
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 07-30-2009, 01:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

htcmoguluser is a n00b
Re: Release Date

some of u guys are pretty lost.

sept 09 is the date.
why would it come out in 2010 when theres already pictures of it stamped with a sprint logo?
and why did some1 even dare say tmobile will get it first? they didnt even get the first 1! lmao.

so sept 09 it is. how do i know? i work at sprint woodbridge nj.

Ask questions. Who cares if someone gets pissed. its only the internet.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
sprint, touch pro 2, tp2