View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 05:11 PM
bigchico67
Regular 'Geeker

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 Release Date Sept 6TH Per Sprint Corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
The conference calling deal, as well as manila (tf3d2) can be ported to a touch pro, and any really good rom I would think would emulate the "smoothness"

There are already ports of the touchflo on the diamond2 and the pro2 available, any software issue you have can be put on a pro1. The screen and 3.5mm is the only difference I see.

The instinct/iphone analagy isn't really a good one, a better analogy would be from a 3g to a 3gs, which is basically no difference.

But I don't wanna hate, its your money, your choice, your preference and it is a new phone with a wicked screen size/resolution. I don't like external keyboards which is why I have a diamond, but if that's a big deal then I can totally see the appeal, I guess my latent frustration at how easy it would have been to put a better processor and a better ui than just tweaking tf3d, especially when 6.5 is around the bend is coming out, maybe if I actually got one I'd feel differently.

Your analogy of going from a 3G to a 3Gs is exactly on. That is how it is there is only a couple different things new about it, but it is still awesome and if you had a TP then you would agree. That is smart business and every company does it. They change only a couple things which does not really increase their cost by much and people go crazy over a new phone and go out and spend tons of money. Nothing wrong with that, like I said just smart business.