PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 04:45 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: So, Sprint Rep Says TP2 is NOT a Smartphone!

If we go by average..I'd say an "average" Android user would use more data then an "average" winmo user..that said if you are an experienced user the data usage is same..(minus the 4g)...I mean aside from tethering you can also bit torrent directly on the phone..which both winmo and android are capable off..and with BT you can do a lot more data consumption then streaming or anything else...

The only advantage I see for Android in terms of data usage is that unlike the TP2 the its not frustrating to surf the net....and maybe the existence of an appstore making it more likely a user will use data intensive apps I guess..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 by HTC

jigwashere is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jigwashere

My TP2 is a smartphone? I thought it was a PocketPC?
Old 08-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Its funny... cause the tech Im talking to now trying to resolve my data issues with ses a smartphone. It just came out befor they had a spcified smart phone plan apperantly so they the computers dont enforce a smart phone contract for the device
Old 08-14-2011, 11:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
Its funny... cause the tech Im talking to now trying to resolve my data issues with ses a smartphone. It just came out befor they had a spcified smart phone plan apperantly so they the computers dont enforce a smart phone contract for the device
pretty sure the Pre existed before the TP2 on sprint :/
Old 08-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
pretty sure the Pre existed before the TP2 on sprint :/
thats just what the lady told me.

I was on the phone fighting with them all weekend
Old 08-15-2011, 01:32 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
thats just what the lady told me.

I was on the phone fighting with them all weekend
Yes, its what they are trained to say...I have seen customer support say a lot of crazy thing because they are trained to say it...

end of the day..their system is set that all webos, instinct and android phones count as smartphones and no arguing can change their hardwired system...

I mean instinct a smartphone and TP2 is not lol...

Last edited by gTen; 08-15-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You don't know the power of the Dark Side!! They must obey thier master!!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
On my tp2 id run about 7 gigs a month avg.. and now on my epic I avg about 4. I wish I could get my 10 bucks back

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 08-22-2011, 12:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Agreed. I am running Android 2.2 on my TP2 and I use LESS data now than I did before just by "gut" feeling and its a pretty solid feeling.

with PUSH and the efficiency of the apps that I now use instead of a page in a browser even with my REALLY slow phone (for android) I get my data cleanly and faster WAY faster than in winmo in the browser.

very efficient. My phone now access the internet "more often" but it moves less "bytes" each time it does so since its doing so very cleanly and efficiently now.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
Agreed. I am running Android 2.2 on my TP2 and I use LESS data now than I did before just by "gut" feeling and its a pretty solid feeling.

with PUSH and the efficiency of the apps that I now use instead of a page in a browser even with my REALLY slow phone (for android) I get my data cleanly and faster WAY faster than in winmo in the browser.

very efficient. My phone now access the internet "more often" but it moves less "bytes" each time it does so since its doing so very cleanly and efficiently now.

Same. Im running the froyo xdandroid aswell..
But since sprints been F*ckin up my data Im not really getting ANY use really

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2