PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

I will write up the IPT Weather install and config shortly.

On the RAM side, I did have a lot in the windows startup folder....forgot all about that part.
Just cleared it now and restarting.

Noticed I had Arkswitch, BlueTooth, quickmenu, iptweather, g-alarm, lockdevice and a couple of others.
Just rebooted and getting 120 on startup.

Only thing I notice missing is the lockdevice. will have to find the .exe and execute it manually at restart.....oh and overclock, I manually went in and configed the speed.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-15-2011, 11:41 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
I will write up the IPT Weather install and config shortly.

On the RAM side, I did have a lot in the windows startup folder....forgot all about that part.
Just cleared it now and restarting.

Noticed I had Arkswitch, BlueTooth, quickmenu, iptweather, g-alarm, lockdevice and a couple of others.
Just rebooted and getting 120 on startup.

Only thing I notice missing is the lockdevice. will have to find the .exe and execute it manually at restart.....oh and overclock, I manually went in and configed the speed.
OK, that's better...

But, you're still WAY off!! I'm guessing 20 MB?? What startmenu are you using? quick? You're using Energy ROM... hmmm, you are running startmenu layout switch in settings & selecting "Compact"?

If so on all that, simply rename the entire startup directory for a test & then reboot.

The only thing I can think of is that you didn't hit the save button when you set your pagepool. Go into your page pool setup file, if you did, it should still have what you saved it as...

if I'm getting 150 with pp1, & pp is one to one, subtract 7 = 143.. I'd think 140 at least!

My 2 cents... get your max, then determine what you add back in only the top 3 for starters... reboot often & test, OCing shouldn't take any...

I'd say reflash.... something is WAY off..

Last edited by teradog; 06-15-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ahhh... good call on the PP.

Just opened it up again to check it is saying it is set to 19.

Confirmed 8 setting now and reflashing.

Am using QuickMenu....
Old 06-16-2011, 11:08 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community

Great! at least it's found... you'll still probably be about 9 short of what you should get (guessing 131 MB on your new flash.. post startmenu replacement...), would like to have a RAM number from a renamed \windows\startup dir & reboot if you would please.

"you are running startmenu layout switch in settings & selecting "Compact"?"
The reason I asked the above question, is that if you simply add quick menu to the existing ROM setup, I don't believe it releases the RAM taken by Windows Startmenu (winkey). You either need to run NRG's startmenu replacement utility in his ROM OR the cab I linked in the first post.

The only reason I bring this up again is that a. you didn't answer, b. you said "Quickmenu" instead of Compact.. most simply call it compact if called from NRG's utility...

Would also be interesting to see your opinion of 19 vs 8 flash, since you are running the exact same ROM back to back... typically one is flashing a newer & different ROM (often with a newer OS).. It'll be a tad slower on the menus, but probably not enough to barely notice...??

Last edited by teradog; 06-16-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Almost a VIP

I used NRG's util to switch out the start menu.
Starting with 132.7 at fresh reboot with cleared windows\startup.

having issues now getting the coped over aygshell.dll and shell32.exe to overwrite the ones in ROM. Didn't have this issue on first flash.

Have the edited ones setting on \Temp directory as it didnt work first time going from SDCard to Windows directory.

Installed currently:
IPT
IPTWeather (will do a write up in the coming days on this one)
Thumbcal
G-Alarm
Coreplayer
(those installed to internal storage)

Never Mind on the two files to overwrite. they were overwriting fine just that I forgot to clear out the two thems: Taskbar and Softkeybar theme.

Last edited by PPCFreak; 06-16-2011 at 04:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:19 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

Little tip that I do, someone may find helpful: I make myself separate directories on the SD under backups\IPT called wallpaper, in that dir are about 6 different directories, already containing the renamed files of my top 6 favorite wallpapers/backgrounds. When I want a new background, simply copy the files into the \windows directory.

PPCFreak: 133 MB RAM with pp of 8 right?? (& replacement startmenu & IPT)
You're still about 7 MB off from my testing. Must be some automated stuff you have running in IPT. Would be interesting if u would do a 30 second test.

Go uncheck IPT in settings/home/>> (items), reboot & ck your RAM (progRAM memory for those that don't know) & see what you have on a fresh boot with a renamed \windows\startup AND IPT unchecked (yes you'll have a blank today screen), just use the winkey.. thanks

Make sure wifi isn't on & if you want a little trick, put phone into airplane mode & try again.. You should be able to hit 140 MB with a pp of 8.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
This is exactly what I have, you must have:
1. nothing in your \windows\startup dir
2. Using a startmenu replacement (guessing either panel or compact (same as quickmenu)
Please confirm.
Re. pp of 8: Please reread my 1st post where I talk about page pools, yes... you should get roughly 140 MB of RAM to start..
Sorry for the late reply...was out of town.
The only things in my startup are intercept.exe which seems to be a file in Windows and wktask which I have recently added and love for keeping apps closed. I am using Panel. Yes, it seems that Windows keeps holding on to some RAM as time goes by. I am currently looking at 75 available with nothing running! I might change to PP 8 or 10. Thanks for all your great advice!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
PPCFreak: 133 MB RAM with pp of 8 right?? (& replacement startmenu & IPT)
You're still about 7 MB off from my testing. Must be some automated stuff you have running in IPT. Would be interesting if u would do a 30 second test.

Go uncheck IPT in settings/home/>> (items), reboot & ck your RAM (progRAM memory for those that don't know) & see what you have on a fresh boot with a renamed \windows\startup AND IPT unchecked (yes you'll have a blank today screen), just use the winkey.. thanks

Make sure wifi isn't on & if you want a little trick, put phone into airplane mode & try again.. You should be able to hit 140 MB with a pp of 8.
Fresh Reboot with IPT unchecked: 131
The one thing I am wondering is with ActiveSync doing push email, calendar and tasks from my work, is that causing the low numbers?

Also, when I start fresh I have the circle on the bottom right with the down arrow. Looks like arkswitch is still trying to run automatically.

I plan to hardreset again and see without running any cabs and see what the memory is...I agree I should be in the 140's or high 130's easily.
I uninstalled ThumbCal and am going to uninstall G-Alarm to see if it's causing the memory issues.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Almost a VIP

IPTWeahter write up:
1. Install IPTWeather_20110511.cab Click here to get latest.
2. Download an Icon Pack (from link above). Unzip the pack you choose to the IPTWeather directory where you installed IPTWeather (recommended to install to Device memory rather then Storage Card)
3. Configure IPTWeather
To configure, go to Start -> IPTWeather -> Click on IPTWeather Config (see screenshot 4). Should not need to choose Custom Settings
Choose General Settings (seen screenshot 5)
Screenshot 6 shows the General Settings page.
Click on IPTWconvertTimeFormat and click OK. In next screen, choose 0 or 1 depending on if you want to see 12hr or 24hr time format. Choose one and click OK at bottom. Click OK on the popup box.
Click on IPTWaccuWeatherMetric and click OK. In next screen, choose 0 or 1 depending on how you want to display the temps (F or C). Choose one and click OK at bottom. Click OK on the popup box.
Click on IPTWaccuWeatherLocation and click OK.
Screenshot 8 shows the LocationConfig screen.
Click Search for a new location code and click OK. (see screenshot 12)
Type in City, ST combination or location code to find the nearest AccuWeather city, state in there database (it will show the city, state with zipcode). Click OK at the bottom.
Can choose Remove a location from favorites to limit the list to only the cities you want. Will bring up a box with list of currently entered Location Favorites. Click on one and choose OK to remove it from list (will get a popup box to confirm the removal).
NOTE: I have never gotten Use My Location or Use Google Latitude to work in getting my current GPS position to send to AccuWeather for the location and weather lookup
NOTE: Use My Location is an add-on you can get from the link listed at top of this post. WARNING: it has been noted that the My Location program does not work with CDMA devices. Reported to work with GSM devices just fine.
Click OK at bottom to get back to General Settings screen.
Click on IPTWmondayText and click OK at bottom. This will allow you to change the Day names to your language.
Do the same for tuesday, wednesday, etc.
Click OK to get back to IPTWeather setting screen.
Choose iPhoneToday settings and click OK at the bottom.
Defaults will work just fine but this is the screen you can adjust where the IPTWeather Icons show up on IPT.
I currently have 5 icons per ROW so I adjust the IPTWforecastStartIcon to 5 so that the current days forcast shows up on the first ICON on the 2nd ROW.
You can also adjust IPTWcurrentWatherIcon from 0 to where ever you want to see it on your screen (currently, the default is 0 which makes it show up at as the 1st Icon on the top right of the IPTHomeScreen).
Can also adjust IPTWcurrentweatherpage to move the current weather to a different page. Default is 0 so it shows on the default screen.
The rest I leave as default values.
Click OK on each of the next two screens to get you back to your HOME screen.
If all is done correct, you should have a weather ICON on your home screen (if you left the default values, you should see it as ICON 0, first icon on your home screen; top left).
On that ICON, you need to Click and HOLD on it and choose EDIT ICON.
You will need to change the Execute: to \Program Files\IPTWeather\iPhoneTodayAccuWeather.mscr (click the ... button and navigate to that .mscr file). This allows the switching of the icons on the main screen to show the 5 days worth of weather.

On the IPTHome screen, you will need to have at least 16 icons on the screen where you have the IPTWeather Icon (on my screenshots, since I am showing 5 icons per row, I adjusted the IPTforecastStartIcon to 5 to show it as the first icon on the 2nd row).

If all is set correctly, clicking on the current weather icon (icon #0; first icon on top row) it should switch the icons below (2nd and 3rd row icons) to the next days weather as provided by AccuWeather feed.

NOTE: In order to see the temps (## (##)) you must leave the text turned on in the IPT mainscreen settings. Without the Text, you will only see the weather Icon and not the actual temps.
Current Temp is ## with the feels like in the (##).

Screenshots from my setup:

Last edited by PPCFreak; 06-18-2011 at 12:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
NOTE: I have never gotten Use My Location or Use Google Latitude to work in getting my current GPS position to send to AccuWeather for the location and weather lookup
Try running QuickGPS as it expires every few days.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2