View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 11:08 AM
teradog
VIP Member - Retired
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

Great! at least it's found... you'll still probably be about 9 short of what you should get (guessing 131 MB on your new flash.. post startmenu replacement...), would like to have a RAM number from a renamed \windows\startup dir & reboot if you would please.

"you are running startmenu layout switch in settings & selecting "Compact"?"
The reason I asked the above question, is that if you simply add quick menu to the existing ROM setup, I don't believe it releases the RAM taken by Windows Startmenu (winkey). You either need to run NRG's startmenu replacement utility in his ROM OR the cab I linked in the first post.

The only reason I bring this up again is that a. you didn't answer, b. you said "Quickmenu" instead of Compact.. most simply call it compact if called from NRG's utility...

Would also be interesting to see your opinion of 19 vs 8 flash, since you are running the exact same ROM back to back... typically one is flashing a newer & different ROM (often with a newer OS).. It'll be a tad slower on the menus, but probably not enough to barely notice...??

Last edited by teradog; 06-16-2011 at 11:30 AM.