View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 12:21 PM
PPCFreak
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

IPTWeahter write up:
1. Install IPTWeather_20110511.cab Click here to get latest.
2. Download an Icon Pack (from link above). Unzip the pack you choose to the IPTWeather directory where you installed IPTWeather (recommended to install to Device memory rather then Storage Card)
3. Configure IPTWeather
To configure, go to Start -> IPTWeather -> Click on IPTWeather Config (see screenshot 4). Should not need to choose Custom Settings
Choose General Settings (seen screenshot 5)
Screenshot 6 shows the General Settings page.
Click on IPTWconvertTimeFormat and click OK. In next screen, choose 0 or 1 depending on if you want to see 12hr or 24hr time format. Choose one and click OK at bottom. Click OK on the popup box.
Click on IPTWaccuWeatherMetric and click OK. In next screen, choose 0 or 1 depending on how you want to display the temps (F or C). Choose one and click OK at bottom. Click OK on the popup box.
Click on IPTWaccuWeatherLocation and click OK.
Screenshot 8 shows the LocationConfig screen.
Click Search for a new location code and click OK. (see screenshot 12)
Type in City, ST combination or location code to find the nearest AccuWeather city, state in there database (it will show the city, state with zipcode). Click OK at the bottom.
Can choose Remove a location from favorites to limit the list to only the cities you want. Will bring up a box with list of currently entered Location Favorites. Click on one and choose OK to remove it from list (will get a popup box to confirm the removal).
NOTE: I have never gotten Use My Location or Use Google Latitude to work in getting my current GPS position to send to AccuWeather for the location and weather lookup
NOTE: Use My Location is an add-on you can get from the link listed at top of this post. WARNING: it has been noted that the My Location program does not work with CDMA devices. Reported to work with GSM devices just fine.
Click OK at bottom to get back to General Settings screen.
Click on IPTWmondayText and click OK at bottom. This will allow you to change the Day names to your language.
Do the same for tuesday, wednesday, etc.
Click OK to get back to IPTWeather setting screen.
Choose iPhoneToday settings and click OK at the bottom.
Defaults will work just fine but this is the screen you can adjust where the IPTWeather Icons show up on IPT.
I currently have 5 icons per ROW so I adjust the IPTWforecastStartIcon to 5 so that the current days forcast shows up on the first ICON on the 2nd ROW.
You can also adjust IPTWcurrentWatherIcon from 0 to where ever you want to see it on your screen (currently, the default is 0 which makes it show up at as the 1st Icon on the top right of the IPTHomeScreen).
Can also adjust IPTWcurrentweatherpage to move the current weather to a different page. Default is 0 so it shows on the default screen.
The rest I leave as default values.
Click OK on each of the next two screens to get you back to your HOME screen.
If all is done correct, you should have a weather ICON on your home screen (if you left the default values, you should see it as ICON 0, first icon on your home screen; top left).
On that ICON, you need to Click and HOLD on it and choose EDIT ICON.
You will need to change the Execute: to \Program Files\IPTWeather\iPhoneTodayAccuWeather.mscr (click the ... button and navigate to that .mscr file). This allows the switching of the icons on the main screen to show the 5 days worth of weather.

On the IPTHome screen, you will need to have at least 16 icons on the screen where you have the IPTWeather Icon (on my screenshots, since I am showing 5 icons per row, I adjusted the IPTforecastStartIcon to 5 to show it as the first icon on the 2nd row).

If all is set correctly, clicking on the current weather icon (icon #0; first icon on top row) it should switch the icons below (2nd and 3rd row icons) to the next days weather as provided by AccuWeather feed.

NOTE: In order to see the temps (## (##)) you must leave the text turned on in the IPT mainscreen settings. Without the Text, you will only see the weather Icon and not the actual temps.
Current Temp is ## with the feels like in the (##).

Screenshots from my setup:

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th

Last edited by PPCFreak; 06-18-2011 at 12:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.