PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: wm fails me again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
hope this helps ya:

running free wifi on the tp2 was free because of a hack (reg tweak) the same can be done with your evo. root it then look for wifi tether in the market, its free.

office, well yes being a microsoft suite you will have to pay for it on other os's, thats to be expected though.

as for the task manager, do u need one for closing out programs or for switching between programs? depends on your reason for it but there are free solutions for both

majority of apps in the market are free. what specific "cool program/app" are you looking for? perhaps i may be able to help u find it. honestly searching for apps in the market on the phone is a real pain in the ass atm (still easier than scouring thru online forums though). you should goto appbrain.com for searching for apps.

if u have anymore questions let me know.

EDIT: in terms of productivity it depends on what u mean by that. i find a lot of productivity apps on android to be comprable if not better on android, especially tasks programs. its crazy that tasks, something that microsoft essentially made popular themselves with outlook, can be handled so much better on another platform
jaja lo sabĂ*a que ibas a reaparecer acá. you still need to explain the lack of office apps on your beloved android.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

lol, i figured that would be the only part you would single out. theres no explanation needed, office is a microsoft product, its not gonna be free on os's that arent made by microsoft. docs2go is 30 bucks, it is what it is, i guess winmo wins there. you could do what i do though just hang on to your tp2 if u have a need for native office. not practical for most i guess but i dont mind carrying 2 devices around.

like i said before im not a winmo hater. i use it damn near everyday and still mod it, but for me personally, android takes better care of majority of what i need out of a phone, your results may vary.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Somebody should move this thread to another section. I would love to continue explaining how and why my evo is more efficient and more stable than my tp2 but this is not the thread for that. Can a moderator move this somewhere else or can someone start a thread just for this topic?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
lol, i figured that would be the only part you would single out. theres no explanation needed, office is a microsoft product, its not gonna be free on os's that arent made by microsoft. docs2go is 30 bucks, it is what it is, i guess winmo wins there. you could do what i do though just hang on to your tp2 if u have a need for native office. not practical for most i guess but i dont mind carrying 2 devices around.

like i said before im not a winmo hater. i use it damn near everyday and still mod it, but for me personally, android takes better care of majority of what i need out of a phone, your results may vary.

of course I singled it out, I did it intentionally to see how far ud go to defend ur precious android. I only carry 1 device and that's my tp2 I can do anything I can do on my pc on it.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Back

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

congrats man, im glad you found something that works for u, ive found something that works for me and in the end we r both happy, thats what its all about
Old 08-26-2010, 09:48 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

I'm with ya Eric.... as for the "hack for free wifi sharing??? find a old free version of wmwifi router and there was no hack involved. This is nothing more than a opinion war now which we are all entitled too. If you have a Android phone and you like it/love it cool have at it but for the love of christ quit coming in here tell us still faithful winmo users how bad winmo sucks and just move on to your android forums please, thankyou and have a great day!!!!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Banned User

Quote:
congrats man, im glad you found something that works for u, ive found something that works for me and in the end we r both happy, thats what its all about
then stop bitching about "how shitty WM is" in a WM forum, either contribute or get out. let WM users enjoy their platform and collaborate and share it with others on how to improve it so it can be more enjoyable. this kind of commentary has no place in this forum and does nothing but start flame wars so you and all your other android-desgraciados should stop coming into WM threads doing this. I don't even think iPhone users do this.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Back

look at my rep and search for the posts ive started and the ones ive been thanked on, trust me ive done my fair share of helping/contributing to improve wm.

@ooxteme, ur absolutley right. i completely forgot about wmwifirouter, a free non hacking solution. i edited my last post, thanks for reminding me about that

Last edited by redd214; 08-26-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo Sprint!! - TP2 Boost Mobile!
Carrier: Sprint - BOOST MOBILE

bigdinog is just getting started

Quote:

I forgot to mention I am on froyo 2.2 which at the moment was not able to be rooted. So I was not able to do any of those tweaks you mentioned. I see now there is a way, though I'm still hesitant to try it.

WimMo was nothing but great to me, and I am having withdrawls!

Still won't bash the Evo, Ill give it a few more weeks!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
Quote:
then stop bitching about "how shitty WM is" in a WM forum, either contribute or get out. let WM users enjoy their platform and collaborate and share it with others on how to improve it so it can be more enjoyable. this kind of commentary has no place in this forum and does nothing but start flame wars so you and all your other android-desgraciados should stop coming into WM threads doing this. I don't even think iPhone users do this.
im posting in here now, which means the shutdown is coming...but redd never said that soldier. there are alot of fandroids, but he's not one of them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2