PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

cloudtp2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wm fails me again!

i have a tp2 sprint, my first windows mobile device. and it will be my last. sorry to be so negative but iv stuck with it for a year now and im done. the last straw was the lack of things i could be doing with it. an app came out for myfitnesspal came out for iphone and android, but no wm. what gives!! i would love to track my food intake on the go. also i been looking for a app for vevo to watch music videos, but failed again, iphone has it, and android will have it to. but no talks about wm. sad sad sad.
this isnt a rant about how mush better the evo is. i hate how big that phone is. ill be looking for something else in the android market. i like my touch pro 2, not a bad device, i just dont like wm anymore, it feels so outdated now.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: wm fails me again!

windows mobile is dead, it's all about windows phone 7 now. there is no more development for 6.5 or the windows mobile platform in general.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:43 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

the 2 youtube apps work fine for music videos, jus create a playlist of your favorite videos on the youtube site and then they will show up in the google youtube app after you login and there you go, or in the htc app you can just bookmark each one. spb TV also has some music video channels, and you can also watch the desktop youtube in IE, desktop vevo will work in skyfire, and theres an endomno sports tracker in the marketplace that does the same things myfittnesspal can, there are plenty of equivalent apps on winMO que tambien existen en el ifone y android asi que calmate.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:39 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

get a evo, no problems with that device...
Old 08-25-2010, 03:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

cloudtp2 is just getting started

haha. i see what ur saying, i just dont want to settle for something thats kinda like the real thing. yeah sports tracker is kinda like myfitnesspal but its not. data base on my fitnesspal is way bigger, and thats already where i keep all my logs. u cant watch over 1000 real music videos on youtube do to copyrights, they take them out. iv tryed skyfire and yes it sucks, but its a start.
the main thing im saying it that it seems like no1 is making things for wm anymore. at least 6.5.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:29 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudtp2 View Post
1.the last straw was the lack of things i could be doing with it.

2. an app came out for myfitnesspal came out for iphone and android, but no wm. what gives!! i would love to track my food intake on the go.

3.also i been looking for a app for vevo to watch music videos, but failed again, iphone has it, and android will have it to.
1) You can do More with a winMO device than ANY other device/platform/OS imaginable..
a- Run ANdroid/Linux/Rhobuntu:Ubuntu/WIN95/98 FULL - lets see another OS dual/triple boot anything!
b- Custom skin every single image your eyes can see - Without even having to Root(or wait for Root) or Jailbreak
1) want iPhone UI and Icons - done, LOTS of ways to pull that "look" off
2) want WIN7 UI - done, SPB/WAD2/
c- FREE WIFI/USB/BT Tethering - no Rooting, no Jailbreaking..and ALL have shareware apps, but Android nor iPhone have freeware ways to tether-without Rooting or Jailbreaking

2) lmFAO!!! really dude?? you cant remember what you ate in a day? lol.. seriously though:
a- open NOTES, and write it down
b- use the audio recorder in your device
c- eat less food since you need to "catalog the inventory of what you ingest lol - just being funny here man

3) If your idea of an "OS that doesnt fail you" is being able to watch Music Vids all day...............................and track the mass amounts of snacks you must ingest in a day to need to "track it"....then well, you probably never shouldve owned a winMO device.... EVER lol
Old 08-25-2010, 06:07 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
1) You can do More with a winMO device than ANY other device/platform/OS imaginable..
a- Run ANdroid/Linux/Rhobuntu:Ubuntu/WIN95/98 FULL - lets see another OS dual/triple boot anything!
b- Custom skin every single image your eyes can see - Without even having to Root(or wait for Root) or Jailbreak
c- FREE WIFI/USB/BT Tethering - no Rooting, no Jailbreaking..and ALL have shareware apps, but Android nor iPhone have freeware ways to tether-without Rooting or Jailbreaking

2) lmFAO!!! really dude?? you cant remember what you ate in a day? lol.. seriously though:
c- eat less food since you need to "catalog the inventory of what you ingest lol - just being funny here man

3) If your idea of an "OS that doesnt fail you" is being able to watch Music Vids all day...............................and track the mass amounts of snacks you must ingest in a day to need to "track it"....then well, you probably never shouldve owned a winMO device.... EVER lol
jaja u sure owned that maldito.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

Your right dude, the tp2 might be able to run all those programs that you state and thats cool and all but my problem that I had my tp2 was consistency and smoothness. I don't remember the last time I reset my android phone. With my tp2 I have to reset it several times in a 1hr period. What is the point of running all those programs when the phone isn't stable?
You say that you can get an iphone ui and the iphone look on the tp2 but that doesn't mean anything. Just because it looks like an iphone or android that doesn't mean its going to run like an iphone or android. Its like putting the body of a mercedes over a dodge neon. Its not going to make it a mercedes.
Plus to do all those things you say you can do with the tp2 requires unlocking it which is just like rooting or jailbreaking. So in that sense your on the same boat as everyone else.
You also don't need to root an android phone to be able to tether. I have an unrooted evo and I can tether just fine at no extra cost to me.
On my android phone I am able to run all kinds of apps without my phone crashing. And I'm not saying this cause I hate winmo. I love it but the android os is more stable and it doesn't matter if the tp2 can cook me an omlette and feed me, the point is that my evo just works. The only way I was able to use my tp2 succesfully was to unlock it and install a custom rom on it.
In the end it is just stupid how your trying to make winmo the best os out there.
My point is that there is not one os out there that does everything perfectly. You use what works best for you.
In my case android is more stable than winmo and thats why I haven't gone back to using my tp2 full time anymore. Plus, last time I checked there were more android users than winmo and iphone users were the most satisfied users of any smartphone. Those results speak for themselves.
The TP2 is a great phone and I use when I go out of the country but for daily use I want a phone that will run and not crash on me all the time.
You can keep saying what you say about winmo but that isn't going to make it all true. I'm glad that winmo works for you. As for me, android is now my new favorite. The only way I will go back to any windows phone is when the new OS comes out.

Also your response to that guy that wants to track his food intake is "
c- eat less food since you need to "catalog the inventory of what you ingest lol - just being funny here man"
Cmon dude. What a sorry remark. Typical response from a winmo user. Because they don't make any good apps. That was one of my biggest complaints with winmo. Lack of apps and those apps that did make it to winmo sucked. The reason companies don't make apps for both android and winmo is because developers are tired of having to deal with the inconsistency of winmo.
In the end I will stick with my android and keep my tp2 as a backup and you can continue your rant on winmo doing all these great things. I'm glad you enjoy your phone.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My TP2 does everything I want it to do, and it does it well:

1) Able to view, modify, and send/receive office documents and pdf's. I can even create pdfs from my phone on the fly. It even uses office 2010, not some crappy ripoff that lets you view but not modify the documents.
2) Able to customize the look of my phone at will
3) Tether/mobile hotspot for me (& others). I was just on a trip and the hotel wanted to charge $9.99/day per person for internet access (no lie). No problem - fired up my TP2 and had everyone connect for FREE. Not only did my phone pay for itself that week, the look on peoples' faces when I told them to connect wirelessly through my phone was priceless.
4) View Slingbox and watch live TV. Can even hook it up to in-car screens for the kids on long trips.
5) GPS Nav - free
6) Visual voicemail (& faxes) using my existing PhoneFusion service
7) much more than I can list

No disrespect intended, but I've always considered WinMo devices to be for power business users. I'm pretty sure that's how it's been marketed, and how most of the online reviewers have classified it. You seem to be more of a social user.

This device runs PROGRAMS, not APPS. That's why I bought it, and that's what I like about it. I can integrate pretty much everything from my daily routine and my laptop, which makes my life a hell of a lot easier. I wouldn't be able to do that with an android phone (yet), and I sure as hell couldn't do it with an Iphone.

Your fundamental premise is accurate: development is not as robust as that for other platforms. However, I'm not looking to watch music videos or track my fitness routine. You are, and that's cool, but the fact that you chose the wrong device for your needs doen't mean that the device sucks. It means you chose the wrong device.

I could never live with an Iphone, but lots of other people can. Different strokes for different folks. Next time, maybe do a little more research before you purchase a phone - hopefully you'll make a better choice for your needs.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

being that i used android for what.. 7 months straight ( hero ) recently came back to the tp2.. and have to say while i do miss alot of certain apps.. on my hero.. in reality.. I only use my phone for a few things... text. web. music.. and a few pics.. and having a keyboard again rules..

but wm is dead.. oh well... I still like wm ( even with all its quirks ) better than all other os's.. you can call me crazy etc.. lol but my needs are not the same as the current app hungry joe public..

plus my wife is enjoying my hero too much now. so im stuck til dec.. will prolly get the evo.. Just because ive only used htc since the ppc-6700.lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2