PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: wm fails me again!

here ya go dude, not the best solution and if you are worried about it i would suggest waiting until there is an easier one out:

Rooting Froyo on the Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

im posting in here now, which means the shutdown is coming...but redd never said that soldier. there are alot of fandroids, but he's not one of them.
Thanks Doc, I appreciate it man!

Last edited by redd214; 08-26-2010 at 10:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

WOW!! now we're posting android tips in a WM forum? please get out of here with that. tarados!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:37 AM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd214 View Post
look at my rep and search for the posts ive started and the ones ive been thanked on, trust me ive done my fair share of helping/contributing to improve wm.

@ooxteme, ur absolutley right. i completely forgot about wmwifirouter, a free non hacking solution. i edited my last post, thanks for reminding me about that

your very welcome lol wasn't tryin to be a ass or anything

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 08-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Back

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

its all good mate, i know u werent. u were just setting me straight, even the best of us can be wrong sometimes lol
Old 08-30-2010, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID X, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

crazed_z06 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
OMG dude yelp?? en serio?? just goto the full version of the yelp site and do everything there, the wm browsers are powerful enough to use that site. theres also apps that have the same capabilities such as BING, GOOGLE MAPS, and a few others that i saw in the marketplace. my phone works just fine,i dont know what your doing with yours, i dont get those text freezes on this 6.1 rom im running so ill agree on 6.5 being buggy in that regard. ive been on WinMo almost as long as you have i started with an ipag 1910-dell axim x50-dell axim x50v-dell axim x51v-htc touch pro and now im on my tp2, these are all great devices that can do the same things you can do on a COMPUTER,not what other smartphones can do.
Yes, yelp. I want to run Yelp on my smartphone. Unfortunately they dont have an App for my phone because it runs Windows Mobile which no one seems to support anymore. Going to the full sites suck because the browsers on these phones are terrible.

My phone freezes when extiting the text app.. there's a multipage thread about it here.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115526

Everyone keeps saying, "Why are you even on this forum if WinMo is so bad!?!"

Well, that the EXACTLY the reason Im here. I cant even do basic stuff like send texts on WinMo. Im on here because when I do a search for why MMS messages arent working or why Im experiencing awesome features like the "Sleep of Death", threads from this site usually pop up as many other people are having identical problem
Old 08-30-2010, 08:00 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed_z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
OMG dude yelp?? en serio?? just goto the full version of the yelp site and do everything there, the wm browsers are powerful enough to use that site. theres also apps that have the same capabilities such as BING, GOOGLE MAPS, and a few others that i saw in the marketplace. my phone works just fine,i dont know what your doing with yours, i dont get those text freezes on this 6.1 rom im running so ill agree on 6.5 being buggy in that regard. ive been on WinMo almost as long as you have i started with an ipag 1910-dell axim x50-dell axim x50v-dell axim x51v-htc touch pro and now im on my tp2, these are all great devices that can do the same things you can do on a COMPUTER,not what other smartphones can do.
Yes, yelp. I want to run Yelp on my smartphone. Unfortunately they dont have an App for my phone because it runs Windows Mobile which no one seems to support anymore. Going to the full sites suck because the browsers on these phones are terrible.

My phone freezes when extiting the text app.. there's a multipage thread about it here.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115526

Everyone keeps saying, "Why are you even on this forum if WinMo is so bad!?!"

Well, that the EXACTLY the reason Im here. I cant even do basic stuff like send texts on WinMo. Im on here because when I do a search for why MMS messages arent working or why Im experiencing awesome features like the "Sleep of Death", threads from this site usually pop up as many other people are having identical problem
It's ok dude.
Maybe WinMo is just a bit over your head.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:42 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

If it's so bad then get your android or iphone or whatever and quit with the posts!!!!!!! And from what i read about this "yelp" app the reviews all pretty much say bad things or so so things. So why would you want it anyways? Why not just use the mobile web site for it?
Old 08-31-2010, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID X, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

crazed_z06 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
If it's so bad then get your android or iphone or whatever and quit with the posts!!!!!!! And from what i read about this "yelp" app the reviews all pretty much say bad things or so so things. So why would you want it anyways? Why not just use the mobile web site for it?
I did order a Droid X. Unfortunately, it wont ship until 9/10.

The lack of a Yelp App on Windows Mobile is part of a bigger picture. I was making a point on how Windows Mobile has become a forgotten OS.. No one's bothering making any new software and there's barely even any support from Microsoft, Carriers, or hardware manufactuers. I do a lot of banking with Wells Fargo. Id like to be able to use the mobile app here.. https://www.wellsfargo.com/mobile/ .. Unfortunately they didnt bother offering a Windows Mobile Version.. They even have a Palm version for Christ's Sake... PALM! Just compare the pitiful facebook app on Windows Mobile to the Iphone's facebook app.. or compare the amount of new Apps being released for Android to what's in the Windows Marketplace. I doubt HTC is going to bother fixing the POS texting on the TP2 or even address the Sleep of Death.

The poster above said WinMo is over my head. That kinda sentiment is why the OS is done for. People dont want a device that requires digging around on message boards, installing cabs, flashing ROMs, etc, etc. First and foremost, they want something that works. For the vast majority of users, the modification stuff is just icing on the cake. If a device requires modification to work right out of the box, then it sucks. Like I said before, I dont go buy a Honda Civic and expect to have to tune the ECU myself before the car runs correctly.

Last edited by crazed_z06; 08-31-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:55 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed_z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
I did order a Droid X. Unfortunately, it wont ship until 9/10.

The lack of a Yelp App on Windows Mobile is part of a bigger picture. I was making a point on how Windows Mobile has become a forgotten OS.. No one's bothering making any new software and there's barely even any support from Microsoft, Carriers, or hardware manufactuers. I do a lot of banking with Wells Fargo. Id like to be able to use the mobile app here.. https://www.wellsfargo.com/mobile/ .. Unfortunately they didnt bother offering a Windows Mobile Version.. They even have a Palm version for Christ's Sake... PALM! Just compare the pitiful facebook app on Windows Mobile to the Iphone's facebook app.. or compare the amount of new Apps being released for Android to what's in the Windows Marketplace. I doubt HTC is going to bother fixing the POS texting on the TP2 or even address the Sleep of Death.

The poster above said WinMo is over my head. That kinda sentiment is why the OS is done for. People dont want a device that requires digging around on message boards, installing cabs, flashing ROMs, etc, etc. First and foremost, they want something that works. For the vast majority of users, the modification stuff is just icing on the cake. If a device requires modification to work right out of the box, then it sucks. Like I said before, I dont go buy a Honda Civic and expect to have to tune the ECU myself before the car runs correctly.
I will try to explain this to you.
I am running the shipped 6.1 rom that came on my device. It works great. Yes, I have done many tweaks to give it more capabilities and speed things up like overclocking but I didn't have to do those things in order to use it. I did have to learn how to use it.
Look at it this way. When young people are in their teens most want to drive a car. In order to drive a car though they have to learn first. WinMo is somewhat similar in this way. Once you learn how to use it, it is very powerful.
I understand in todays world nobody has any patience and everyone wants everything yesterday with not much effort on their part to get/use whatever they want. Iphone and Android are better suited to those people. That's fine with me.
As far as complaining that WinMo doesn't have all the apps that Android/iPhone does ask yourself this. When you use your regular PC do you need a dedicated app to get on Facebook? No, you just go to the website with your browser. With a PocketPC you open your browser and go to the mobile version of Facebook and it works fine. You don't need an app to do everything you want. Use your imagination...you know...your brain.
But, like I said most people are too impatient or too lazy for that. They want instant gratification. The easy way. The easy way often times isn't the best way.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:00 AM
Back

in this example though the easy way is the better way. you cant honestly tell me that going to the mobile facebook site is better than having a dedicated facebook app. Its easier, quicker, more effecient as well. Of course this is just one example but I can see where you both are coming from.

i do agree with crazed on the tweaking part though. if I wasnt here and didnt enjoy tweaking phones I highly doubt I wouldve kept my tp2. winmo just isnt as pickup and go friendly as other os's out there. im not saying thats bad but thats what it is. Some people just want stuff to work properly when they turn it on for the first time and not have to do a lot of messing with it. Doesnt make them less intelligent (as many here often suggest) it just means they have different expectations.

Last edited by redd214; 08-31-2010 at 01:07 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2