PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

8rotor8 is keeping up the good work8rotor8 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

I love it when valid statements are pointed out and he ignores it!

Let's play a new game, ignore Nerys and get back to the topic!!! Unicorns and October 1st!
History of Phones: Sanyo 5500, Samsung VGA 1000, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8300, Samsung 970, Samsung 920, Samsung 880, Samsung Blade, Palm 700p, Palm 755p, Palm 800w, HTC Diamond, Palm Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, finally a Palm Pre!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 01:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

beserker15 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
thats called compelling you beserker15 - please go look up the word
lol, just for kicks I did.

Compels - to force or drive, esp. to a course of action.

So umm...at which point of me saying I'll stick with my current plan and not upgrading does it fit into that definition? If they got rid of all options including the ESN swap and say, yo, you know the phone you have? If that dies, you're stuck. You can't swap it or buy another and keep your SERO plan. That would be compelling. They still allow me to buy new phones, including other "dumbphones" that are constantly improving.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:28 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
thats called compelling you beserker15 - please go look up the word
com·pel·ling (km-plng)
adj.
1. Urgently requiring attention:
2. Drivingly forceful:

and

compelling [kəmˈpɛlɪŋ]
adj
1. arousing or denoting strong interest, esp admiring interest
2. (of an argument, evidence, etc.) convincing

hmmm...so how will sprint be compelling you to spend more money? as berserker said...he does not have to upgrade his plan when there are still other phones that he can use out there for SERO. how is he being compelled to upgrade if he chooses to stay with what he has?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 09-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

but they are going to FORCE me to chose to either upgrade or cancel. Eventually there will be no phones that meet my CURRENT needs (forget about my future needs) as more and more of the usable phones become upgrade only.

that is force. and the strawman pathetic argument of other providers phones? I won't even honor that with any more to say on that. that was a pathetic reach man. seriously lame.

saw your later reply about how they are forcing beserker

easy. when his CURRENT hardware that meets his CURRENT needs is no longer viable and he can not easily REPLACE said hardware with an equivalent.

the choice will be FORCED upon him.

Assuming downgrading his current requirements is not a valid option he will have a choice of either paying for the upgrade fee or canceling service.

that is the very definition of FORCE. the very definition of COMPEL I have no idea where you cherry picked your very odd definition

New Oxford Dictionary has a more NORMAL definition of COMPEL

"bring about (something) by the use of force or pressure"

the very definition of what sprint is doing.

sure you can IGNORE the force or pressure FOR NOW but only for so long until no viable hardware is available to you but without question you WILL be forced into this decision eventually if your needs and wants remain the same.

Last edited by nerys; 09-10-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:44 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

smartphones arent your needs. theyre your wants. and if you say you need a baller smartphone for work, then maybe your job should provide you with a better phone.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

beserker15 is becoming a great contributor

Tell me about your needs

So lets see what a dumbphone has....Email - got it, SMS -got it, MMS - got it, decent camera - got it, Opera Mini - got it, Contacts - got it, Birthdays - got it, Social Networking - got it, Instant Messaging - got it, Youtube - got it, navigation - got it, games - kinda got it (I'd say get an iPod Touch for that....so much better).

Flash Video - nope...don't got that yet I think. Then again flash video isn't even on the iPhone...and only running good on high end androids.

So umm...what are your needs again?
Old 09-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

my needs are plentiful mostly in the "apps" smart phones can run. IE I am a data intensive user (although my actual data usage pales compared to some hard core users here) I used maybe 2gigs on a heavy month.

I LIKE the very large screen and the normally candy bar form factor of smart phones. that is part of my needs.

those are needs under the presumption that I have a cell phone.

there are plenty of dumb phones that do SOME of these things but NONE that do all of them and none of them really run any apps beyond gmail ebay and google.

they are slower they have smaller lower res screens etc. etc..etc..

heck many of the features I like from my smart phones DO NOT EVEN REQUIRE sprints data network

Slacker - wifi - camera - video playback of normal formats - etc.. etc.. etc..
Old 09-10-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
but they are going to FORCE me to chose to either upgrade or cancel. Eventually there will be no phones that meet my CURRENT needs (forget about my future needs) as more and more of the usable phones become upgrade only.

that is force. and the strawman pathetic argument of other providers phones? I won't even honor that with any more to say on that. that was a pathetic reach man. seriously lame.
how dare Sprint not provide you with your needs, current or future?!?!?! the nerve of them not making business policies around YOUR needs! i swear...pathetic....just pathetic and lame of them!

you really think Sprint owes you that much to put your needs over their business needs?!?!?!

Last edited by Mojary; 09-10-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

my needs are plentiful mostly in the "apps" smart phones can run. IE I am a data intensive user (although my actual data usage pales compared to some hard core users here) I used maybe 2gigs on a heavy month.

I LIKE the very large screen and the normally candy bar form factor of smart phones. that is part of my needs.

there are plenty of dumb phones that do SOME of these things but NONE that do all of them and none of them really run any apps beyond gmail ebay and google.

heck many of the features I like from my smart phones DO NOT EVEN REQUIRE sprints data network

Old 09-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:

Man you're like a Frothy Chihuahua at SERO users ankles lately. Why so serious and argumentative and combative with every one in your recent posts?

Some times people just don't agree with others and some times you just got to ignore opiniosn or statements you don't agree with.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2