PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 02:13 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
my needs are plentiful mostly in the "apps" smart phones can run. IE I am a data intensive user (although my actual data usage pales compared to some hard core users here) I used maybe 2gigs on a heavy month.

I LIKE the very large screen and the normally candy bar form factor of smart phones. that is part of my needs.

those are needs under the presumption that I have a cell phone.

there are plenty of dumb phones that do SOME of these things but NONE that do all of them and none of them really run any apps beyond gmail ebay and google.

they are slower they have smaller lower res screens etc. etc..etc..

heck many of the features I like from my smart phones DO NOT EVEN REQUIRE sprints data network

Slacker - wifi - camera - video playback of normal formats - etc.. etc.. etc..
like austin said...it has nothing to do with what you need in a device...but EVERYTHING to do with what you want to have. so to sum it up, you created this big ruckus because it'll be a cold day in hell before Sprint decides to put a pacifier in your mouth?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 09-10-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

beserker15 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
my needs are plentiful mostly in the "apps" smart phones can run. IE I am a data intensive user (although my actual data usage pales compared to some hard core users here) I used maybe 2gigs on a heavy month.

I LIKE the very large screen and the normally candy bar form factor of smart phones. that is part of my needs.

those are needs under the presumption that I have a cell phone.

there are plenty of dumb phones that do SOME of these things but NONE that do all of them and none of them really run any apps beyond gmail ebay and google.

they are slower they have smaller lower res screens etc. etc..etc..

heck many of the features I like from my smart phones DO NOT EVEN REQUIRE sprints data network

Slacker - wifi - camera - video playback of normal formats - etc.. etc.. etc..
Yeah, and all of those are being satisfied with your TP2 now right? Pretty much all of what you said (Slacker, high res and large screens, speed, apps) are only recently offered by smartphones. Smartphones of 2 years ago didn't have any of that either. Dumbphones are about 2-3 years behind a smartphone in terms of equivalent technology. When your TP2 kicks the can in 2-3 years, a dumbphone by then will be able to replace it. That's what I'm trying to say. Dumbphones are advancing...in the past 2-3 years, they advanced quite a bit. Do you think in 2-3 years, dumbphones are still slow, low-res, lacking ability like they are now?
Old 09-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

And let's not forget he posted the same thing twice in 3 minutes, so we should consider nerys a spammer... Shall we?
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 09-10-2010, 03:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JAmerican is becoming a great contributor

Personally, I will not add to the arguing. I just like to offer incite.

I went to the Sprint Store today to look at the Epic 4G. I currently own the Touch Pro 2 (which I forgot to mention in my previous post). The Touch Pro 2 runs Windows Mobile (which I find to be an amazing operating system past its prime for the most part). I love the smoothness and newness of the iPhone OS and Android OS. The one thing I hate in both is the free apps filled with ads. That's the one thing that I feel Windows Mobile does right. It has no ads in any of the apps you use. If there are, then that's one of the few that exist. As soon as I go to Engadget.com on Android or iPhone, I see an AdMob ad. It's ugly and adds to the loading time.

In regards to the Epic 4G, I was considering it for a phone in October with this SERO Premium but as much as I love OLED and Super OLED screens, the screen's pixels were very visible. So much that the screen looked cheap. (Mind you, it is high contrast and vibrant). The phone itself felt very cheap. I thought to myself that the Epic felt like a downgrade. The quality of the materials used on the device felt way more cheap than the Touch Pro 2, especially the keyboard.

This was enough for me to say, PASS to the Epic 4G. It took me less than an hour to decide whether to get SERO Premium or stay on SERO. It took me looking at the phone I would be using for 2 years and comparing it to what I have now. Then looking at the plan pricing. In this particular case, the phone and pricing I pay now don't cost me anything extra and my happiness is not lowered. It was an easy WIN, WIN for me.

Everyone who is arguing, really think to yourself, do you really need/want the phones being offered by Sprint right now or are you convincing yourself of this to justify/argue the pricing of the SERO Premium package.

Personally, I get the pricing package first then the phone. In this particular case where a new pricing plan is offered, I did something unorthodox, I looked at the phone before the pricing. This made it way easier to decide.

That is all.

JA
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: idk
Carrier: earth

iphoney4u is just getting started

Has anyone gotten Sprint to give them the oct 1st deal NOW? I remember reading somewhere on this site of people who managed to get the deal early.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:49 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoney4u View Post
Has anyone gotten Sprint to give them the oct 1st deal NOW? I remember reading somewhere on this site of people who managed to get the deal early.
if they did...they were most likely already eligible to upgrade so Sprint allowed them to get into SERO premium a couple of weeks early.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoney4u View Post
where did you see this on the site.. i just tried to get my epic activated and i was told i have to wait because it is not in their system yet.. is there a number i should call or something?
Old 09-10-2010, 04:37 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Wish I was eligible for an upgrade... I have to wait many many months...

I wonder how much my bill will be after the $10 (or $20) extra. I pay just under $37 now after taxes and fees (I paid just under $35 before I moved).

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: idk
Carrier: earth

iphoney4u is just getting started

I READ it here but cant find it somewhere in the site. I did just call and they said I have to wait till the 1st. And im good for the 150 discount.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by beserker15 View Post
Yeah, and all of those are being satisfied with your TP2 now right? Pretty much all of what you said (Slacker, high res and large screens, speed, apps) are only recently offered by smartphones. Smartphones of 2 years ago didn't have any of that either. Dumbphones are about 2-3 years behind a smartphone in terms of equivalent technology. When your TP2 kicks the can in 2-3 years, a dumbphone by then will be able to replace it. That's what I'm trying to say. Dumbphones are advancing...in the past 2-3 years, they advanced quite a bit. Do you think in 2-3 years, dumbphones are still slow, low-res, lacking ability like they are now?
yes they are. dumb phones will not be up to smartphone levels for a very long time, and maybe ever. Kinda like the newest camry will never be at the level of the oldest ferrari. I read your previous post about the rumor being on par with my old q9c, and that's just not the case. my old q9c could do just about anything my tp2 does, just not as gracefully.

my wife has the latest dumbphone, and it cant hold a candle to my ancient ppc6700. it has fb, google mail, ect, but cant sync to outlook, and web browsing is painful. it also cannot tether.

for now, some of the sprint defenders have a point, we still have viable phones on the market, but what you dont see is the writing on the wall, which has been there for a few years now. They've been trying to phase out our accounts to make us pay more, and they'll go through all lengths to do it.

it's kinda like health care or your cable bill. they'll increase the rates and all you can do is bitch and moan about it, but to say we bitch and moan for false reasons is ridiculous. $10 might not be enough for people to complain about, but I will, since I pay for myself and my wife, and have three hungry mouths to feed. You bet I'll complain about it to the sprint rep.

Sprint is excluding me from using their phones on their network, simply to squeeze money from me. it's a bully tactic.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2