PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: This touch pro 2 is close to perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
You already posted this same post pretty much in another thread........no matter how many times you post it....its not going to change minds....there are a ton of love fest Evo threads....I am glad you love your droid....but most of us reading this thread could care less...and it doesnt make you less of a man to walk to the love fest threads....
I don't have a droid, I have a TP2. Thus why I am in the TP2 forums. Why must I have a phone to appreciate its OS?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
You don't know that, heck the way Sling's cs works, it might be Christmas before they release a working app for Android.

This is one of the major sticking points preventing me & a lot of other posters from giving Android a shot.......Sling is one of my all time favorite apps & buying a phone that doesn't support it is not even a consideration. (there are a few other things I don't like about Android also, but that's definitely the main one)

~John
Slingplayer drops on Android, TOMORROW. Told ya.
http://gizmodo.com/5569265/slingplay...omorrow-for-30
Old 06-21-2010, 08:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Slingplayer drops on Android, TOMORROW. Told ya.
http://gizmodo.com/5569265/slingplay...omorrow-for-30

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I am soooo saving that image lol.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I am soooo saving that image lol.
lmfao, and thanks for the thanks, I got a gang of this funny stuff, the person just seemed so hell bent on proving there point, so I gave them a cookie
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
lmfao, and thanks for the thanks, I got a gang of this funny stuff, the person just seemed so hell bent on proving there point, so I gave them a cookie
you can never have to many cookies haha.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Im not proving a point. I am responding to a person who was responding to me. They said slingplayer wasn't going to drop until christmas knowing the slingplayer CS. Don't know how you got involved.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
I mean no offense in this, but are you a fool? Android phones battery life is an actual argument you make? Do you know how much tweaking is involved to get the battery life we have on our tp2's?? You compare an untweaked android phone with your tweaked winmo phone and that is a win for you?

Oh, and as for what can it do that winmo can't, you obviously have never used an android phone. The ui is cleaner and universal.

Show me a functional XBMC remote app for window mobile. Show me an OS that auto capitalizes text in a name field or that shifts from text field to text field with the tap of a button ALL THE TIME. Windows mobile is a hacked together garbage heap comparitively. Show me an overclocked TP2 on windows mobile.

Oh, and here is one, how about UNIVERSAL SPEECH TO TEXT in EVERY TEXT FIELD THROUGHOUT THE OS????

That one feature alone makes windows mobile look ancient.

I have used android for under an hour and i already can see how much better it is.

Edit: And just for the record, this isnt a competition. There is nothing wrong with admitting that another phone OS is better than your phone OS. Doesn't make you less of a man or anything. Windows Mobile hasn't had a major update for YEARS, how could it possibly compete? If it wasn't for the work of the developers holding this zombie together, youand everyone else would be outright laughing at the windows mobile platform.
Universal UI on Android??? What are you smoking?
You have Sense, you have motoblur, what does samsung use? And I doubt any are more functional than Mobile Shell.
Not sure what xbmc is, so no, I guess my phone doesn't do that.
Have you tried Tellme? It might not be built into the phone, but it will text, and call and search for me.
Sorry, but I still think that WinMo is a more complete OS, which it should be because Android hasn't been out that long. It's the hot thing right now, but not without its problems too. Already fragmentation is being mentioned. I'm not against it, just curious to see WP7 first.

edit: and how did this thread turn into another winmo sux subject???

Last edited by nrfitchett4; 06-21-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Universal UI as in no matter what program you are in, you get to the settings the same way. No matter where you are in the OS, the text fields respond the same way. That is universal UI. To even bring up TellMe as a response to Androids feature is ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0C-b6rjQs

Works in ANY text field in ANY program. Universal throughout the OS.

XBMC is Xbox Media Center. Yea, Xbox as in MICROSOFT.

You may be right that Windows Mobile is a more complete OS, but its a complete OS that has basically made zero changes from YEARS ago, and its a dead platform. From the very limited amount I have used Android, it looks to be a great successor to Windows Mobile. Hope they port android to the TP2, as I don't feel like leaving sero anytime soon.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Universal UI as in no matter what program you are in, you get to the settings the same way. No matter where you are in the OS, the text fields respond the same way. That is universal UI. To even bring up TellMe as a response to Androids feature is ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0C-b6rjQs

Works in ANY text field in ANY program. Universal throughout the OS.

XBMC is Xbox Media Center. Yea, Xbox as in MICROSOFT.

You may be right that Windows Mobile is a more complete OS, but its a complete OS that has basically made zero changes from YEARS ago, and its a dead platform. From the very limited amount I have used Android, it looks to be a great successor to Windows Mobile. Hope they port android to the TP2, as I don't feel like leaving sero anytime soon.
If Xbox is that big of a deal for you, why are you bashing Winmo? You do know that the successor WP7 is gonna have xbox live right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2