PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

garyflynn is keeping up the good workgaryflynn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This touch pro 2 is close to perfect

I got a touch pro last year and was slightly disappointed when it arrived, it was smaller than I expected, and smaller than my friends' iphones.

Probably six or seven replacement touch pros later, the guy in the store tells me he's ordering a new one since my keyboard conked out. I come back, he goes to the back, takes my touch pro, and hands me a touch pro 2, without a word. As if that's normal.

I take it and say thanks.

Now, get home, put the energy rom 21905 with the cookie and glass theme, and twenty four hours of customization later, I can barely imagine what could make it better.

The battery life seems long. The screen is ****ing gorgeous, I've put a really deep, high contrast wallpaper that makes it look even better. The keyboard is huge. I'm still used to the touch pro keyboard, so typing will get much faster as I become accustomed to the bigger keyboard.

The speaker is loud, and I could play a song for my friends without it sounding tinny. Haven't used the speakerphone yet but I've heard the speakers, so I know how that's going to turn out.

One thing would make this perfect.

Is there a way to split the screen? So I could send a text message at the same time I watch a movie?

The screen is big enough that we can start talking about multiple windows showing at the same time.

I figure it would be just my luck that a cab has been made a long time ago that will do just that, so I have no choice but to run it by you guys.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: This touch pro 2 is close to perfect

No split screen that I know of and I have been using WM for close to 10 years. Thanks for the write up, its nice to see positive experiences.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You obviously haven't experienced the memory leak yet
Old 06-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work

I thought mine was perfect after months of tweaking also, until I got an EVO.... WM and the TP2 now look like ancient relics in comparison. WM7 and WindowsPhone have a loooong uphill battle to reclaim market share from iPhone and Android.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
You obviously haven't experienced the memory leak yet

Take that negativity and go jump off a ummm................

lol Really, did you read his post? He came from a TP I am sure he is well aware of how WM works.

(BTW just poking a little fun at you laughing with you not at you)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

perry.rush is a n00b

Really LIKE my TP2 especially after my lil ole TP1. Sadly Sprint service is weak where I use it most and the insist I am in "Great" coverage area. So I guess I will eventually kiss my TP2 goodbye and swap to Cellular South and cry a little over losing my keyboard.

I will of course attempt to flash it to Cellular south once I get their service, although I have NOT heard of this being done or successful ever before. Guess I will go with HTC Desire - but NOT because I want to lose my TP2!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

Jewcifer is a n00b

Yeah the TP2 can be pretty great when it's customized right. As for your comment about the speaker, I also noticed it seems to play higher bitrate songs better (so do the stock HTC headphones). It just has a much more crisp sound to it, much better than an iPod. The only phone I've ever owned that had a sound that could rival it was my old Sony Ericsson, but as many of you remember I'm sure you know that the speaker was the ONLY good thing about that phone
Old 06-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I feel just like you OP. My TP2 was always good in my opinion, but now it is absolutely PERFECT, and only after a few tweaks (didn't even take me an hour)! I've been hanging around the forums just trying new roms just for the fun of it.

I'm running Mightyrom Full Force with a few cosmetic tweaks to Manila 2.5. The TP2 i awesome!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-gb; HTC Legend Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Yeah. Touch Pro 2 is a solid device. Customizable, versatile and lots of freaking fun. Try and take my wallet.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thank you for making a positive thread about the tp2

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2