PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: This touch pro 2 is close to perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Since verizon pushed out the sense 2.5 wm6.5 the tp2 just got better.

Only way I would go to a different phone would be a daylight highly-visible screen (not sure if AMOLED does that or not) and the 4.3" screen would be a Plus (along with a 1 to 1.5ghz cpu).

but for what I do day in and day out with this PHONE, it runs awesome.
hey, i have a tp2 2 month old, perfect shape, some accessaries, you can buy to keep inyer underware drawer...mssg me
Old 06-22-2010, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Universal UI as in no matter what program you are in, you get to the settings the same way. No matter where you are in the OS, the text fields respond the same way. That is universal UI. To even bring up TellMe as a response to Androids feature is ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0C-b6rjQs

Works in ANY text field in ANY program. Universal throughout the OS.

XBMC is Xbox Media Center. Yea, Xbox as in MICROSOFT.

You may be right that Windows Mobile is a more complete OS, but its a complete OS that has basically made zero changes from YEARS ago, and its a dead platform. From the very limited amount I have used Android, it looks to be a great successor to Windows Mobile. Hope they port android to the TP2, as I don't feel like leaving sero anytime soon.

they are porting android to the tp2. dev is coming along...it still needs work, right now there is no sound, camera, and 3d accel. is only partially operational. i thought that is what started this whole bashing winmo in the first place is someone mentioning the android dev.
i find it incredible tht people who have been praising the tp2 for so long will turn around and slam it now that something better is coming along. something better will always come along, processors will always get faster, the "next" phone will always have more ram. this does not mean that the tp2 sucks...even with its faults.
windows mobile has been good to me for a lot of years, since the 6600. i have used treos, both palm and windows, and i have used blackberries and almost every HTC phone sprint has offered and i can tell you that anyone who has thinks this phone SUCKS is either too damn hard to please, have too much money to throw away on changing phones every few months, or are just too intimidated to really take charge of this beast and make it their own.
this is the best phone i have ever had and even if it does get so far behind the times that i have to replace it and decide to go android, i will never agree that this phone SUCKS! thats just crazy.
HTC Touch Pro
Current: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Stock 6.5/2.5
Old 06-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroewe View Post
they are porting android to the tp2. dev is coming along...it still needs work, right now there is no sound, camera, and 3d accel. is only partially operational. i thought that is what started this whole bashing winmo in the first place is someone mentioning the android dev.
i find it incredible tht people who have been praising the tp2 for so long will turn around and slam it now that something better is coming along. something better will always come along, processors will always get faster, the "next" phone will always have more ram. this does not mean that the tp2 sucks...even with its faults.
windows mobile has been good to me for a lot of years, since the 6600. i have used treos, both palm and windows, and i have used blackberries and almost every HTC phone sprint has offered and i can tell you that anyone who has thinks this phone SUCKS is either too damn hard to please, have too much money to throw away on changing phones every few months, or are just too intimidated to really take charge of this beast and make it their own.
this is the best phone i have ever had and even if it does get so far behind the times that i have to replace it and decide to go android, i will never agree that this phone SUCKS! thats just crazy.
Oh I know, I have been playing with it for the last few days. The only thing is that if its not ported within the next few months, I think it will be too late for most people to take advantage of it. I think it would be AWESOME on our TP2, and if it is fully ported within the next month I will probably keep the TP2 for another year, but otherwise I will be looking at new android phones and the WP7 phones.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry.rush View Post
Really LIKE my TP2 especially after my lil ole TP1. Sadly Sprint service is weak where I use it most and the insist I am in "Great" coverage area. So I guess I will eventually kiss my TP2 goodbye and swap to Cellular South and cry a little over losing my keyboard.

I will of course attempt to flash it to Cellular south once I get their service, although I have NOT heard of this being done or successful ever before. Guess I will go with HTC Desire - but NOT because I want to lose my TP2!
Get an Airave. I live in an area of poor coverage and was able to talk Sprint into giving me a free Airave with free Airave service. All you need is a broadband connection for it to work. Then just use wifi for your data connection.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

RobsOnLine is a n00b

I agree with the OP! I love my TP2. I have been using WinMo since my Samsung i730. It had WinMo 2003 to start out with. Then I switched to the xv6700 (loved this phone). Not sure what it was about the 6700, but it is still one of my favorite phones ever. I switched to the 6800, and that was a total disappointment. It was not usable without massive tweaks. Forget about using the camera and having enough memory to use most programs. The TP was a definite improvement over the 6800; however, it still was a bit of a disappointment. Then I got the TP2. From day one I knew I had something. It does everything I need and then some. As with everything, it has problems, but most are easily fixed. I am really trying to like Android. I have it loaded on my SD card, but it is still not what I am looking for…yet. I have friends that have the iPhone and Android, and both love their phones. That is great. Their phones are just right for them. They have speed and flashy apps, but mine has abilities that they don’t have. Not too many, but they are there. I am looking for a new WinMo phone; however, there is nothing that I see that I would want besides the TP2. My wife is bugging me about getting a new phone because she wants my TP2! Who can blame her since she is using my old TP!

Cheers
Old 06-24-2010, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsOnLine View Post
I agree with the OP! I love my TP2. I have been using WinMo since my Samsung i730. It had WinMo 2003 to start out with. Then I switched to the xv6700 (loved this phone). Not sure what it was about the 6700, but it is still one of my favorite phones ever. I switched to the 6800, and that was a total disappointment. It was not usable without massive tweaks. Forget about using the camera and having enough memory to use most programs. The TP was a definite improvement over the 6800; however, it still was a bit of a disappointment. Then I got the TP2. From day one I knew I had something. It does everything I need and then some. As with everything, it has problems, but most are easily fixed. I am really trying to like Android. I have it loaded on my SD card, but it is still not what I am looking for…yet. I have friends that have the iPhone and Android, and both love their phones. That is great. Their phones are just right for them. They have speed and flashy apps, but mine has abilities that they don’t have. Not too many, but they are there. I am looking for a new WinMo phone; however, there is nothing that I see that I would want besides the TP2. My wife is bugging me about getting a new phone because she wants my TP2! Who can blame her since she is using my old TP!

Cheers
i have a couple month old tp2 for sale

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2