PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2010, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: This touch pro 2 is close to perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
So was yours if we're playing that game.

Lets keep this on topic and to the point guys. No need for the crapola

i dont ever get involved in little squabbles, i find that people can be a little callous and rude in their replies at times and that is not helpful at all...however, in a thread that someone started that finally praises the tp2 for its awesomeness instead of complaints about this and that now that there are finally faster (BETTER?) phones entering the market, why would it not be appropriate to mention that on top of all its awesomeness, the android dev is coming along making the possibilities of this phone even greater?
seems perfectly fitted for this thread to me, having the ability to customize your phone to the extent that it will run an entire different OS.
hopefully this wont be considered another "fanboy" post, just my opinion of ALL the available options that make this phone rock even in its older age.
and to clear up any confusion, i was not referring to your reply as callous or rude or otherwise unhelpful, i was referring to the rude comment that triggered your mediation.
HTC Touch Pro
Current: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Stock 6.5/2.5
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Since verizon pushed out the sense 2.5 wm6.5 the tp2 just got better.

Only way I would go to a different phone would be a daylight highly-visible screen (not sure if AMOLED does that or not) and the 4.3" screen would be a Plus (along with a 1 to 1.5ghz cpu).

but for what I do day in and day out with this PHONE, it runs awesome.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

I've been using WM for 10 years now, myself. I love this writeup. After a year, I can say that the TP2 is the best thing I've had. I just received my first replacement (new in the box of all things), and I can't be happier. It is even more solid than the first one. Added Zagg to it and I really can't complain.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

mikenerd is keeping up the good workmikenerd is keeping up the good work

I am loving my tp2 with the new vzn 2.5 ROM. I am def a phone junkie and always have the urge to try something new but I have been very happy for 9 months with this phone. I must have a real KB, Slingplayer and free wifi tethering so this is still the platform and phone for me.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
I am loving my tp2 with the new vzn 2.5 ROM. I am def a phone junkie and always have the urge to try something new but I have been very happy for 9 months with this phone. I must have a real KB, Slingplayer and free wifi tethering so this is still the platform and phone for me.
Samsung Galaxy S Pro, coming to sprint. Hardware keyboard. Slingplayer on android by then. Root it for free wifi tethering. Android OS is amazing.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch [Vogue]

LauraAmerica is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyflynn View Post
Is there a way to split the screen? So I could send a text message at the same time I watch a movie?

The screen is big enough that we can start talking about multiple windows showing at the same time.
Sounds interesting. And given the fact that out there we still have a whole ton of QVGA WM phones we know that a program can run in just 240x320 and these last phones have Nx that room.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Slingplayer on android by then. .
You don't know that, heck the way Sling's cs works, it might be Christmas before they release a working app for Android.

This is one of the major sticking points preventing me & a lot of other posters from giving Android a shot.......Sling is one of my all time favorite apps & buying a phone that doesn't support it is not even a consideration. (there are a few other things I don't like about Android also, but that's definitely the main one)

~John
Old 06-21-2010, 07:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Samsung Galaxy S Pro, coming to sprint. .
LOL, that is the phone that will make all the users who jumped the gun & went with the EVO even though they really wanted a hardware KB mad as hell.

If you just locked in to a two year contract to buy the EVO & then this beauty comes out with a better screen (AMOLED) & the awesome hardware KB like the TP2 you get that "what have I done?" feeling really quick.........

I'm sure 15 posters will now state "we don't need a KB anymore" but they'll be the same posters that praised the hell out of the TP2 for the KB.

~John
Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: XV6875.1 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenerd View Post
Samsung Galaxy S Pro, coming to sprint. Hardware keyboard. Slingplayer on android by then. Root it for free wifi tethering. Android OS is amazing.
r you another android trool?

Dont get me wrong the Android platform does have some neat items and all but can anyone really show me something that Android does that WinMo can,t do?

I have been a winmo user for 10+ years (started with iPaq days from Compaq before it was part of HP). Seen a whole lot of changes since the first editions and for the most part all for the better.

Android still has one big glaring bug if u ask me....battery life. Have not seen an Android phone that will keep a battery up for entire day with normal usage.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

jrob is becoming a great contributor

loved the tp2, but loving the evo much better!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2