PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

jrob is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: This touch pro 2 is close to perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: XV6875.1 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

r you another android trool?

Dont get me wrong the Android platform does have some neat items and all but can anyone really show me something that Android does that WinMo can,t do?

I have been a winmo user for 10+ years (started with iPaq days from Compaq before it was part of HP). Seen a whole lot of changes since the first editions and for the most part all for the better.

Android still has one big glaring bug if u ask me....battery life. Have not seen an Android phone that will keep a battery up for entire day with normal usage.
have been a winmo user for 6 yrs. can't wait to see what wp7 has in store, but right now the evo out performs my tp2!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: This touch pro 2 is close to perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: XV6875.1 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Android still has one big glaring bug if u ask me....battery life. Have not seen an Android phone that will keep a battery up for entire day with normal usage.
With all due respect, and don't take this the wrong way because I have been a windows user for quite a while, I have had alot of windows phones and none of them have lasted me the entire day, maybe I'm just a power user, the only one who has so far has been blackberry. Now android is pretty cool, but I been a windows man for a while, but just saying, every OS has its flaws, it depends on the individual to decide if those flaws will make or break the device there using.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 06-21-2010, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

jrob is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: This touch pro 2 is close to perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
I've been using WM for 10 years now, myself. I love this writeup. After a year, I can say that the TP2 is the best thing I've had. I just received my first replacement (new in the box of all things), and I can't be happier. It is even more solid than the first one. Added Zagg to it and I really can't complain.

that's great to hear. i still haven't replaced mine yet. i guess we were one of the lucky ones who haven't had any major issues. even though i am using another device, i still use my tp2 and it is still solid. been thinking about giving it to my wife, but i don't think see knows the power that lies within!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i talked alot of trash about htc after the tp debacle...i'm still on my 1st tp2 (listening to music on it right now)...this thing is solid. i'm seriously thinking about buying another one, just to keep on the shelf. i use the hd2 for most things because of the speed, but i still rock my tp2!
i have one about two three months old...perfect shape, extra battery....i want a evo
Old 06-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I mean no offense in this, but are you a fool? Android phones battery life is an actual argument you make? Do you know how much tweaking is involved to get the battery life we have on our tp2's?? You compare an untweaked android phone with your tweaked winmo phone and that is a win for you?

Oh, and as for what can it do that winmo can't, you obviously have never used an android phone. The ui is cleaner and universal.

Show me a functional XBMC remote app for window mobile. Show me an OS that auto capitalizes text in a name field or that shifts from text field to text field with the tap of a button ALL THE TIME. Windows mobile is a hacked together garbage heap comparitively. Show me an overclocked TP2 on windows mobile.

Oh, and here is one, how about UNIVERSAL SPEECH TO TEXT in EVERY TEXT FIELD THROUGHOUT THE OS????

That one feature alone makes windows mobile look ancient.

I have used android for under an hour and i already can see how much better it is.

Edit: And just for the record, this isnt a competition. There is nothing wrong with admitting that another phone OS is better than your phone OS. Doesn't make you less of a man or anything. Windows Mobile hasn't had a major update for YEARS, how could it possibly compete? If it wasn't for the work of the developers holding this zombie together, youand everyone else would be outright laughing at the windows mobile platform.

Last edited by muyoso; 06-21-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

don't be a txtmsg heavy user or it won't be that good for that long.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mikenk is a n00b

These forums are great for learning things to improve the functionality of phones; it is also an amazing place to observe people who view technology as the primary measure of performance. To most people who view phones as a tool not a toy, which OS is the most modern is actually irrelevant. it is which phone (the entire phone) does the best in meeting personal requirements.

For my business needs, the TP2 is actually an amazing device: nice size; great keyboard; great phone capabilities; world phone; excellent reliability; notes by voice, typing, or sketching; good battery life; for a fair monthly price. For folks who want the phone as primarily a toy or an internet browser, I would assume the Android OS provides a better environment, but for me, neither is important at all.

Mike
Old 06-21-2010, 06:49 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Touch Pro 2 would be better, not even close to perfect, if it either had more ram or if HTC Sense didn't abuse the ram it does have. Its ridiculous that the phone has to be restarted every few hours to keep the memory down around 50%.
hmmm...I never restart mine....very rare occasion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i talked alot of trash about htc after the tp debacle...i'm still on my 1st tp2 (listening to music on it right now)...this thing is solid. i'm seriously thinking about buying another one, just to keep on the shelf. i use the hd2 for most things because of the speed, but i still rock my tp2!
I agree Doc....I would have a hard time ever letting go of my TP2 altogether....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
that HD2 is sooo nice, just wish sprint had picked that up too.
You and me both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I'll agree with the positive posters. I can afford to buy any phone I want, & if I wanted an EVO I would already have one.

A guy I work with has an EVO & I have played with it quite a bit. The screen is totally awesome (although it's too bad it isn't AMOLED) & its fast of course, but other than that it doesn't really do much for me.

I have had Sprint service in the past, & after using Sprint & Verizon back to back I would never go back to Sprint. That, plus the fact that my all time favorite app (Slingbox) & a few other things don't work in Android, then add in no hardware keyboard & I decided that swapping from my customized TP2 to an EVO would be a step down for me at this time.

I am running the NRG 23569 standard 2.5 ROM & my TP2 is awesome. Slingbox works great & it will play all my 12 gigs of ripped movies. I use it all day at work to listen to mp3's or Sirius Radio with stereo bluetooth headphones.

~John
Agree 100%....Sling is my best app ever....

Quote:
Samsung Galaxy S Pro, coming to sprint. Hardware keyboard. Slingplayer on android by then. Root it for free wifi tethering. Android OS is amazing.
We get it you like droid....but this is not about the droid...kthxbai
Old 06-21-2010, 06:55 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
I mean no offense in this, but are you a fool? Android phones battery life is an actual argument you make? Do you know how much tweaking is involved to get the battery life we have on our tp2's?? You compare an untweaked android phone with your tweaked winmo phone and that is a win for you?

Oh, and as for what can it do that winmo can't, you obviously have never used an android phone. The ui is cleaner and universal.

Show me a functional XBMC remote app for window mobile. Show me an OS that auto capitalizes text in a name field or that shifts from text field to text field with the tap of a button ALL THE TIME. Windows mobile is a hacked together garbage heap comparitively. Show me an overclocked TP2 on windows mobile.

Oh, and here is one, how about UNIVERSAL SPEECH TO TEXT in EVERY TEXT FIELD THROUGHOUT THE OS????

That one feature alone makes windows mobile look ancient.

I have used android for under an hour and i already can see how much better it is.

Edit: And just for the record, this isnt a competition. There is nothing wrong with admitting that another phone OS is better than your phone OS. Doesn't make you less of a man or anything. Windows Mobile hasn't had a major update for YEARS, how could it possibly compete? If it wasn't for the work of the developers holding this zombie together, youand everyone else would be outright laughing at the windows mobile platform.

You already posted this same post pretty much in another thread........no matter how many times you post it....its not going to change minds....there are a ton of love fest Evo threads....I am glad you love your droid....but most of us reading this thread could care less...and it doesnt make you less of a man to walk to the love fest threads....
Old 06-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

RhodiumW is the best as of today.period.(with proper ROM and SIM unlocked)
-GSM TP2 is a dinosaur with cheap buttons
-HD2-great,but GSM only=garbage
EVO-great but CDMA only=garbage
iphone-nice toy,but GSM only=garbage

why?

USA GSM network does not meet my needs at all,so I prefer CDMA USA network.But I do travel often and to keep 2 phones in the pocket is not the best option

Im using sprint in USA and local SIM when travel overseas on this great TP2.

TP2 is a winner.

Quote:
UNIVERSAL SPEECH TO TEXT in EVERY TEXT FIELD THROUGHOUT THE OS????
You can actually call people and talk to them and/or leave voicemail.Its very simple solution hehe

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2