PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pringlet
Re: Check my math: Cost to move from a TP2 to an Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
No need for cursing here
My apologies
Old 05-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pringlet View Post
My apologies
Cheers.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
..as far as all the SERO user's Keep riding that gravy train because one day it will be gone.
Don't say that, you don't mean it!!
Old 05-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Don't say that, you don't mean it!!
You know Sprint is losing money on these users I just call em how I see them.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:06 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the only thing really im having a problem with is the $10 extra you are required to pay for 4G. it would be a no brainer as far as paying that each month....if that particular service was available in my area already. but its not. when i asked a rep from the sprint store when it would be coming to my area/region he said soon. well that could be a year or two from now. so i'd be paying for something im not even capable of utilizing. i wouldn't even mind if sprint said they'll automatically add the charge once its available in my area. the price diiference if i make the switch would not really be all that much for me...but its the principle of it. why get charged for a service you dont have yet?

but in the end...since my wife wants my phone...i'll end up buying the evo....hehehe. but am i ready for my big fingers to do without a hardware keyboard? to keep the wife happy, yes.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 05-29-2010, 04:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
You know Sprint is losing money on these users I just call em how I see them.
I highly doubt that Sprint is losing money on Sero's general population...
At worst they break even....
Maybe the Sero ppl that have gotten discounts stcked on top of sero...

If Sprint was losing money on sero the plug would of been plugged a long time ago just like Sprint did a cpl years back to the subscribers that were calling custome support too much...

losing potential higher profit sounds more logical IMO...

If I didnt have Sero I would still be with Verizon or TMobile before paying full price to Sprint....

With 2 $30 sero accounts my bill still averages around $90 after taxes....I dont roam and I dont use more than 5gb of data...
So I'm sure they still get to keep some of my money in their pockets...

Besides the Evo being a Sprint normal plan exclusive, 1 of EVO's features and 2 features unavailble from the EVO is the dealbreaker for me (4g N/A in minneapolis yet, kb, tethering)
Old 05-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinLo View Post
With 2 $30 sero accounts my bill still averages around $90 after taxes....
They're not losing money on SERO-folks. Generally, the infrastructure is already there. Roaming costs them a little, but we all know what happens to those who ROAM too much ... "Bah bye, User. Your Pals, Sprint." On the books, SERO users represent a positive cash flow. So from a shareholder's perspective, this is positive. And to boot, adding to the total number of users on Sprint, SERO-folks are good to have.

Not sure how you got up to $90 with two 500s, but I would check slickdeals.net for a friends & family discount. The operative word in there is "friends."
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pringlet View Post
I was on the Evo bandwagon and have been thinking about the switch since its announcement. Is the Evo worth the extra cost?

Current Plan:
SERO 500:
Cost per Mo. $30
Ins&Tep: $7
Surcharges: $2.16
Tax: $2
4G Access: $0
CorpDiscount:0%
Tot. Per Mo.: $41.16
24 Months: $987.84

Proposed Plan Req. For Evo:
Everything Data 450:
Cost per Mo. $69.99
Ins&Tep: $7
Surcharges: $2.16
Tax: $4.04
4G Access: $10
CorpDiscount: 20%
Tot. Per Mo.: $74.55
24 Months: $1789.18

Cost to keep the TP2 for 2 years: $987.84
Cost to own the new evo (including phone): $1989.18

If you are planning on switching, have you been able to formulate a better deal?

Thanks
pt
Unfortunatly for you, you would lose your sero plan if I'm reading this right. Is there ever an option to get a sero plan back? If I had a sweet deal like yours I'd really look before I leaped. Then again I think sprint is tempting sero folks away from their cheap plans with these new non sero plan compatible devices. Sooner or later you'll most likely have to give it up for a more state of the art device. Is EVO the one you want to give it up for?
Old 05-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinLo View Post

If Sprint was losing money on sero the plug would of been plugged a long time ago just like Sprint did a cpl years back to the subscribers that were calling custome support too much...

losing potential higher profit sounds more logical IMO...
Its just my personal thoughts on the subject with SERO users (I guess more jealous than anything lol.) I just don't see that plan living much longer, as they seem to not letting anyone move to the newer smart phones with it. all is good.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Not sure how you got up to $90 with two 500s, but I would check slickdeals.net for a friends & family discount. The operative word in there is "friends."
$30 + $30 + $7 + $7 + $5 = $79, and then taxes bring it to $85....
(base charge, insure, fee for no auto pay)
1600 mins, NW's at 5pm, both phones have Pam

I also occasionally buy tv channels for my kids to watch cartoons while we r on the go...

I know about the ways to get it lower(occas slickdeals/hofo reader) but I don't mind the price I'm paying, I think it's fair for both parties actually.....LOL
I'm not getting price gouged and Sprint is still earning money off me...

the $5 no auto pay fis a lil shaddy IMO, Sprint should be applying it onto the account every month if the payment isn't received by the due date...
I hate to auto pay things and I'm scared to call Sprint to have it lifted because they might mess up my account....
in almost 4 yrs of Sero I have maybe called 5 times (each time was a horrible experience until I talked to cs rep from the US)

Quote:
Its just my personal thoughts on the subject with SERO users (I guess more jealous than anything lol.) I just don't see that plan living much longer, as they seem to not letting anyone move to the newer smart phones with it. all is good.
I swear some ppl r still successful at transferring sero plans to new ppl, to calm your jealousy...LOL

Sprint has been doing measures to make Sero not as attractive as what used to be.....

TP2 may end up being the best phone available ever on Sero but I can live with that...

Even if I migrate from the using the Sero lines as my main lines, I will definitely keep 1 and just pay the $35 w/o ins or extras to use as a on the go modem.....

Last edited by MinLo; 05-29-2010 at 01:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2