PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 05:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Check my math: Cost to move from a TP2 to an Evo

I don't have the autopay fee nonsense applied to me, despite the fact that I make the payments manually every month. I've never heard of having to pay extra because you make your payments yourself lol. For what it's worth, my SERO500 comes out to $36.xx/mo (incl $4/mo ESRP). I would strongly advise you call in and have them waive and credit previous no auto-pay fees.

As far as Sprint's margins on SERO lines... none of us can definitively say how much they're making or losing on us, and I'm fairly confident this figure varies monthly with roaming, data usage, and even cell minute usage. I was always under the impression that they offered this plan at such a deep discount as an attempt to mitigate their horrible churn numbers. Sprint was losing paying customers by the boatload virtually every quarter (likely still are, I haven't cared enough to research) and the surge in SERO signups likely helped to offset that figure to a degree, probably resulting in a better overall picture of their books. This is pure speculation from a pretty clueless poster of course.

This baiting of SERO customers to switch to more expensive plans seems like a smart move by Sprint, albeit a tad slow IMHO. If a customer makes the switch to a phone like the Evo, then Sprint rakes in more revenue via significantly more expensive plans; if the customer decides to keep truckin' on SERO, well he or she is likely to stay with Sprint anyway since not many people are insane enough to give up a $30 all-inclusive plan. At $30-50/mo, I'm inclined to say that we're all just temporary statistical boosts to their numbers; as their situation improves, they'll be looking to convert us or boot us :/
Old 06-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

thajeffski is a n00b

I had the same thoughts. I just can't let this plan go - even if I have to deal with the horrible Touch Pro 2 Lag where it takes me 10 seconds to send a simple text that says "ok"

yes it's from January, I'm too lazy to log in and re-clip everything from my current month.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

mookiemoo is a n00b

right now, sprint is riding the wave of excitement and getting people to pay extra for 4G. soon that will go away when more and more people decide to hold off on the phone because they do not want to pay extra fees. Also, before i buy the phone, i would wait as they are going to address the battery's deficiencies soon. it is not strong enough to support the phone and it's accessories and programs through the day. it tends to be dead by noon on a normal work day. hope this helps.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemoo View Post
right now, sprint is riding the wave of excitement and getting people to pay extra for 4G. soon that will go away when more and more people decide to hold off on the phone because they do not want to pay extra fees. Also, before i buy the phone, i would wait as they are going to address the battery's deficiencies soon. it is not strong enough to support the phone and it's accessories and programs through the day. it tends to be dead by noon on a normal work day. hope this helps.
gotta disagree with you. The "premium data" add on fee is probably not going anywhere until the competitors get LTE up and running. I'm guessing that fee will pertain to all 4g devices going forward.
Until battery technology improves, battery life will be an issue. These devices can't be thin and have an extended life battery. And the screen sucks some serious juice.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinLo View Post
the $5 no auto pay fis a lil shaddy IMO, Sprint should be applying it onto the account every month if the payment isn't received by the due date...
I hate to auto pay things and I'm scared to call Sprint to have it lifted because they might mess up my account....
in almost 4 yrs of Sero I have maybe called 5 times (each time was a horrible experience until I talked to cs rep from the US)
The fee is levied because you have a spending limit on your account. From what I'm told they review spending limit accounts every 18 months and pull them off if you history is good enough.

I'd say ensure all your payments are on time or setup auto pay for a while and see if it falls off...

I had a spending limit when I joined Sprint about almost 2 years ago. Mine dropped off in January just as they instituted that fee so I'm exempt.

But hopefully that helps...
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2