PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 11:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Check my math: Cost to move from a TP2 to an Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
You forgot to factor in the extra $10.00 per month for the coolness of the Evo. Which would add another $240.00 cost to own an EVO.
The loss of SERO to a much more expensive plan leaves some with double to triple the monthly cost. For instance, if you are on a $30 SERO plan, and have to go to a $69+$10=$79 plan to match it for minutes (and that's a minimal qualifying plan for the EVO), you are at about $50 per month more. Multiply by 24 months, and the EVO will cost an extra $1200 over 2 years. Plus the $200+tax upfront cost. And the tax is on the $449 retail price, remember? So we are getting close to $1500 extra over 2 years.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTc Touch

AlreadyKnown is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to AlreadyKnown Send a message via Yahoo to AlreadyKnown

why people so worried about whats gonna cost...smh...its jus 10 extra a month wow...and of course a new phone is gonna cost more...did anybody complain about the tp2 when it cam out and compared prices...??? i dont believe so...jus buy it and continue on with life...10 dollars is jus 10 dollars...smh
Old 05-27-2010, 12:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlreadyKnown View Post
why people so worried about whats gonna cost...smh...its jus 10 extra a month wow...and of course a new phone is gonna cost more...did anybody complain about the tp2 when it cam out and compared prices...??? i dont believe so...jus buy it and continue on with life...10 dollars is jus 10 dollars...smh
Read the post above yours. It's over $50 a month for some of us, just for the service rate increase. Then maybe another $10 a month amortizing the phone, so about $60 per month increase for many SERO users.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ehanhan is just getting started

You are not smart if you start paying 60 for what you pay 30 for now.

You're not smart if you give up your Sero free, at least sell the acct.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ehanhan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
The loss of SERO to a much more expensive plan leaves some with double to triple the monthly cost. For instance, if you are on a $30 SERO plan, and have to go to a $69+$10=$79 plan to match it for minutes (and that's a minimal qualifying plan for the EVO), you are at about $50 per month more. Multiply by 24 months, and the EVO will cost an extra $1200 over 2 years. Plus the $200+tax upfront cost. And the tax is on the $449 retail price, remember? So we are getting close to $1500 extra over 2 years.
Yessir. Quoted for truth.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehanhan View Post
You are not smart if you start paying 60 for what you pay 30 for now.

You're not smart if you give up your Sero free, at least sell the acct.
Again, the device matters, so if Sprint won't let you use the device you want on the $30 a month plan, they aren't the same thing. I wish that weren't true, but it is.

As to your last point, my understanding is that selling a SERO account involves giving up your current phone number.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Threadstarter

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to pringlet

Damn, looks like the charges to use the evo just keep adding up. Rumor is that video calling over the included qik program is $5/mo

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/27/q...4g-video-chat/

Video chat over fring/skype is still free

Last edited by pringlet; 05-28-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:21 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Actually with Sprint the discount applies to data add ons, although theyre trying to do away with these. I get 22% off my 39.99 plan and my $15 data plan. Equals $43/month. I'd have to jump up to $65/month to have the EVO. Not gonna happen!
you are lucky then, because it has always been discount on base plan only for most people.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

I like the Evo but I like Sero even better....

If i didn't have Sero I wouldn't have Sprint due to their horrible customer service via phone and sometimes instore...

I know cell phone companies customer service are crappy in general but I wouldn't pay the worst company outta the big 4 anymore than what I'm paying now....

Every Sprint phone I've owned besides the TP2 has had to be serviced multiple times (TP1,M510,M520,) due to manufact defector or software defect...
Old 05-28-2010, 06:14 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

So I guess yall whiners plan to just keep old phones and never get anything new just to keep those sero plans huh? Do you think when wp7 comes that they're going to be available on those lines? I mean stop fooling yourselves.. either you're going to have to keep using old phones, start using dumb phones or suck it up and pay for a regular line like everyone else. It's GOING to happen at some point regardless.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2