PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2010, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nyCecilia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
getting fed up (rant, but maybe someone can help?)

I'm really getting fed up with my Sprint TP2. Some things it does really well, but the overall configuration is getting to me. I'm on (at least) my 5th time resetting everything, but I can't even begin to remember all that I did last time, all that I did last time that I don't want to do again, what new stuff I thought might work this time...in other words, it's just plain confusing and waaay too time consuming for a device that is supposed to make my life easier. I can't keep track of all this stuff anymore, and I am a neurotic note-taker/organizer.

I'm still on 6.1 because of all the problems I've read about here re: 6.5. I'm stuck with all sorts of sprint crap that I want to delete, but what I thought would help me get rid of the NFL program (why do I need that?????? Go away already!), the DotFred task manager, is too complicated. At one point I know I used it to disable bluetooth (which I have no use for but likes to slow down my phone) but can't even manage that with the version I have now, I'm completely lost on how to do that and don't remember how I did it before.

Then there's the butt dialing, which initially was solved with PocketShield, but now it seems that Pocketshield is SO effective that I can't even answer a call anymore. I have to turn the phone off then back on again and call the person back. HUH?????? (this recent hard reset is mostly an attempt to fix this)

I really did love my TP2 at one point, but right now I'm just trying my best to hold on until the EVO comes out and hope to all heck that it solves at least some of my problems. But right now I'm trying to put my phone back together sort of how I had it this morning, but without some of the stuff that became annoyances (my battery icon disappeared and I couldn't get it back, and AmazeGPS turned out to be horrible but it wouldn't delete itself properly either). So far I've spent my entire lunchtime, and I'm still not even close to there. Digging through threads on this forum and others...and trying to distinguish 6.1 progs from 6.5...I'll spend the whole day doing this

This is waaaay too stressful. Definitely not fun anymore.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2