PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: getting fed up (rant, but maybe someone can help?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
When you say you extracted the stock verizon ROM into the kitchen, do you mean that it comes from your phone? Or do you have to download it from somewhere? And if you have to download it from somewhere, how do you know you've got the right one?

one more question while I'm here...the point of a visual kitchen is that it comes with a lot of the common stuff, so all you do is say you want them included and it happens? Or do I have to hunt down all the pieces (for example, pdf reader)? And if it comes with stuff, I can still add in stuff like PocketPlayer --probably from the EXT tab?

ooooh, boy, this is gonna be a long day
Basically i've downloaded the VZW 6.1 ROM from this thread and extracted the .nbh file using winRAR (open the .exe so you can see individual files). From there I load oskitchen, select my device type, select the location of the .nbh file and let it do the work. Once it is done all the common files are now extracted and I can choose to include or exclude them from the interface based on personal preference.

If you do not feel like going this route you can download some of the most common SYS files and build your ROM from those, but I like extracting my favorite ROMs because I know it will have what I want.

After you are finished loading the files into OsKitchen you can now add your personal .CAB files. Click the convert button at the top, select the location of the .CAB file, and let it extract the information into kitchen. You can now include/exclude that program via the EXT tab.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

nyCecilia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
Basically i've downloaded the VZW 6.1 ROM from this thread and extracted the .nbh file using winRAR (open the .exe so you can see individual files). From there I load oskitchen, select my device type, select the location of the .nbh file and let it do the work. Once it is done all the common files are now extracted and I can choose to include or exclude them from the interface based on personal preference.

If you do not feel like going this route you can download some of the most common SYS files and build your ROM from those, but I like extracting my favorite ROMs because I know it will have what I want.

After you are finished loading the files into OsKitchen you can now add your personal .CAB files. Click the convert button at the top, select the location of the .CAB file, and let it extract the information into kitchen. You can now include/exclude that program via the EXT tab.
This had me thinking...I only just upgraded to Sprint 6.5, and so far not too bad, except for little details....

Is it possible to use the stock Sprint 6.5 that I already downloaded as a starting point? Then from there delete what I don't like and add in what I do...? Or does it have to be a special file (ie. pre-unlocked)?

Although maybe you're right and 6.1 is closer to the features I was looking for re: organization, hmmmm.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
This had me thinking...I only just upgraded to Sprint 6.5, and so far not too bad, except for little details....

Is it possible to use the stock Sprint 6.5 that I already downloaded as a starting point? Then from there delete what I don't like and add in what I do...? Or does it have to be a special file (ie. pre-unlocked)?

Although maybe you're right and 6.1 is closer to the features I was looking for re: organization, hmmmm.

You could use stock sprint 6.5 as the start point and then remove/add what you want. You might even be able to get the old start menu as well, although I haven't looked into it. Technically you could use any TP2 CDMA ROM that is out on the market as a starting point and it should work on your phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

Naww.... im not a troll. Its just my name cuz I want a android ppc but Sprint Sero won't allow it.Just a name I like. Kinda like a member here that has a name of "scrotum". In which is funny in what it means. But anyways, you said the Att plan won't cut it for you, then wait a few more weeks for the other carriers to pick the iphone up and them consider it. I would have been all over the iphone on day one if it was completely moddable like wm. But again I think you will never be happy with wm 6, 6.1 or 6.5. Is just to slow and sluggish for everything due to it having a similar core structure like Pc windows that allocates resources for multitasking.And specially wm running on 3d crippled HTC devices. Maybe with the new Evo with the 1ghz snap dragon cpus w will see better performance.As long as htc and qualcomm don't have the marriage fight about the 3d accelerated Imigeon chipset. Remember, just because we are seeing snap dragon cpus don't mean the license fees won't be paid for the 3d accelerated drivers.Cross your fingers. xda
Old 05-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
Naww.... im not a troll. Its just my name cuz I want a android ppc but Sprint Sero won't allow it.Just a name I like. Kinda like a member here that has a name of "scrotum". In which is funny in what it means. But anyways, you said the Att plan won't cut it for you, then wait a few more weeks for the other carriers to pick the iphone up and them consider it. I would have been all over the iphone on day one if it was completely moddable like wm. But again I think you will never be happy with wm 6, 6.1 or 6.5. Is just to slow and sluggish for everything due to it having a similar core structure like Pc windows that allocates resources for multitasking.And specially wm running on 3d crippled HTC devices. Maybe with the new Evo with the 1ghz snap dragon cpus w will see better performance.As long as htc and qualcomm don't have the marriage fight about the 3d accelerated Imigeon chipset. Remember, just because we are seeing snap dragon cpus don't mean the license fees won't be paid for the 3d accelerated drivers.Cross your fingers. xda
I can't find a single report that a cdma iphone has ever cleared the FCC. until it does, i'm not believing a verizon or sprint iphone.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jimstolz76 is a n00b

Hey all - noob here.

I did the 6.1 to 6.5 update a while ago and it went fine. Now I'm trying to unlock with RhodiumW-HardSPL and the Auto mode doesn't work, then the manual mode ends with a "Device not responding" error. It connects and reads the current firmware, but stops at that point.

I'm connected with Activesync as Guest. Does that matter? When I did the 6.5 upgrade I was also connected as Guest and it went through on the 1st try.

Any tricks I'm missing?
Old 05-20-2010, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimstolz76 View Post
Hey all - noob here.

I did the 6.1 to 6.5 update a while ago and it went fine. Now I'm trying to unlock with RhodiumW-HardSPL and the Auto mode doesn't work, then the manual mode ends with a "Device not responding" error. It connects and reads the current firmware, but stops at that point.

I'm connected with Activesync as Guest. Does that matter? When I did the 6.5 upgrade I was also connected as Guest and it went through on the 1st try.

Any tricks I'm missing?
Youre not alone brother! I got pwned by the onlocker. I spend 10 hours trying and trying and nothing. frooze in every turn on auto and manual. Then i created a thread on it and was told i have to have a active internet connection.n in which i dont. i tether with my tp. . booooooooo! 10 hours i will never get back in my life. booooooooooooooo!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jimstolz76 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
Youre not alone brother! I got pwned by the onlocker. I spend 10 hours trying and trying and nothing. frooze in every turn on auto and manual. Then i created a thread on it and was told i have to have a active internet connection.n in which i dont. i tether with my tp. . booooooooo! 10 hours i will never get back in my life. booooooooooooooo!
I AM online. And it gives me some other window like "it looks like this isn't the first time you're unlocking a device." Umm. Yes it is.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
I AM online. And it gives me some other window like "it looks like this isn't the first time you're unlocking a device." Umm. Yes it is.
once it messes up, it will give you that message so you are not trying to unlock a box of phones.
with some versions of windows you have to be logged in as an administrator, turn off antivirus, turn off firewalls so it can do what it needs to.
best thing you can do is contact them and see if they can reset it for you so you can try again.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

nyCecilia is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Hey all - noob here.

Any tricks I'm missing?
When I did it (last night) it clearly said you had to be admin. I stressed about that for a few minutes, wondering if that meant "an admin account" vs. "logged in with *the* admin account" (on my XP laptop).

But I'm a noob too, so I'll leave it to the pros to answer for real.

Edit: just saw you got an answer from a pro, above

Last edited by nyCecilia; 05-21-2010 at 12:26 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2