PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: getting fed up (rant, but maybe someone can help?)

OP, i think you would be best served with a titanium only ROM, then add mobile shell on top.
OR...
go back to sprint 6.1 turn off sense and add mobile shell. I think you would be happiest with it, then add your programs.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

nyCecilia is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
wow, i guess there's a reason, 72 posts and not a single thank you.
WHAAAA? I've been going back and making sure I click thank you to just about everyone, positive or negative...?????

This really shocked me

Sorry for taking up your time. Can someone please close or delete this thread?
Old 05-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
WHAAAA? I've been going back and making sure I click thank you to just about everyone, positive or negative...?????

This really shocked me
not you, the poster who told you to get an iphone.....
he's posted 72 times without getting a thankyou, pretty much because he doesn't help the situation.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:

This really shocked me
Don't worry, be happy

You know (and so do I :P) that you've been giving out thanks. How is everything coming so far?

*edit*

LOL very funny now i get it.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
not you, the poster who told you to get an iphone.....
he's posted 72 times without getting a thankyou, pretty much because he doesn't help the situation.
haha, but at least he discloses in his name that he is a troll...

I think it's fair to say that if you've had the phone a while and are willing to ask pointed questions, you've probably gotten past the "iPhone" stage.

The only time I'd suggest someone get an iPhone is when they got a TP and said "now what do I DO with it????" (although the person who talked about the glass screen did have a great point)
Old 05-20-2010, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
Don't worry, be happy

You know (and so do I :P) that you've been giving out thanks. How is everything coming so far?

*edit*

LOL very funny now i get it.
lol yeah

I'm still reading. It's not easy to figure it all out (ie. figure out which ones have which features). Bored may have a point about learning to cook a rom...just don't know that I have the time for it right now, as I wouldn't even know where to start, and from here it seems like a pretty big learning curve.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:
lol yeah

I'm still reading. It's not easy to figure it all out (ie. figure out which ones have which features). Bored may have a point about learning to cook a rom...just don't know that I have the time for it right now, as I wouldn't even know where to start, and from here it seems like a pretty big learning curve.
Visual kitchens make it REALLY easy to do. What I did was extract the stock verizon ROM into the kitchen. From there it is a simple menu for checking and unchecking files you do or do not want. You can see an example here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=628948

What I do is go to a popular ROM page (MightyROM for example) and scroll to the Release notes for the ROM. In the release notes is a list of programs:

[#] AdobePDF_2_5_1_0_404840_03
[#] AdvancedNetwork_1_0_12_0
[#] aGPS_Confirmation_1_0_19213629_00
[#] Album_3_2_20122028_00
[#] AppointmentEditor_1_0_20121312_0
[#] AppServiceMsg_1_17_0_0
I just click the programs that are known to be useful by a prominent chef and sometimes uncheck the ones I know I will not use. Trial and error will lead to your perfected custom ROM.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

Quote:
haha, but at least he discloses in his name that he is a troll...

I think it's fair to say that if you've had the phone a while and are willing to ask pointed questions, you've probably gotten past the "iPhone" stage.

The only time I'd suggest someone get an iPhone is when they got a TP and said "now what do I DO with it????" (although the person who talked about the glass screen did have a great point)
We all be trollin..... just than none abmit to it. blah! Again.... do us all a favor and get a shiny new iphone. You will paypal me after you experience its awesone simplicity. Im serious! Not trollin! Absolutely no. The capacity screen and full 3d accelarated engine is beautiful. Forget cooking, flashing, modding and tweaking. Cuz... after your all done doing all that. Its still a slow sluggish banana snail. But some of us like it nice and slow and have to ability to do what ever we want to it. Ofcourse.... we all do constant resets to get it to respond again but thats the fun part of wm. It gives us authority over it like a slave that needs a beating. Again.... not trollin. I remember when I got to have a iphone for a day and I felt like I was superior to everyone else. Weird! Anyways.... head over to apple and get ready for a wallet rape. cheers!Trollin....... serious business.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
We all be trollin..... just than none abmit to it. blah! Again.... do us all a favor and get a shiny new iphone. You will paypal me after you experience its awesone simplicity. Im serious! Not trollin! Absolutely no. The capacity screen and full 3d accelarated engine is beautiful. Forget cooking, flashing, modding and tweaking. Cuz... after your all done doing all that. Its still a slow sluggish banana snail. But some of us like it nice and slow and have to ability to do what ever we want to it. Ofcourse.... we all do constant resets to get it to respond again but thats the fun part of wm. It gives us authority over it like a slave that needs a beating. Again.... not trollin. I remember when I got to have a iphone for a day and I felt like I was superior to everyone else. Weird! Anyways.... head over to apple and get ready for a wallet rape. cheers!Trollin....... serious business.
hehe, yep, we're all trollin'...but if you're not a troll, then why did you name yourself Troll? And why aren't you trolling for Android?

Ok, for everyone here who has tried to get me to go iPhone...beyond the ATT consequences (I won't move to ATT), I have tried out an iTouch, yes, it's lovely equipment, but just not for me.

The clouds moving around the today screen already make me nauseous. And the disorganization of the 6.5 start menu makes my brain hurt.

When those completely disorganized, unorganizable iPhone icons plastered over 5+ pages start squiggling, my brain will go into seizures.

There, you have it. No iPhone for me.

Although now that my TP2 is unlocked, I'd love to try out Android at some point
Old 05-20-2010, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
Visual kitchens make it REALLY easy to do. What I did was extract the stock verizon ROM into the kitchen. From there it is a simple menu for checking and unchecking files you do or do not want. You can see an example here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=628948
When you say you extracted the stock verizon ROM into the kitchen, do you mean that it comes from your phone? Or do you have to download it from somewhere? And if you have to download it from somewhere, how do you know you've got the right one?

one more question while I'm here...the point of a visual kitchen is that it comes with a lot of the common stuff, so all you do is say you want them included and it happens? Or do I have to hunt down all the pieces (for example, pdf reader)? And if it comes with stuff, I can still add in stuff like PocketPlayer --probably from the EXT tab?

ooooh, boy, this is gonna be a long day

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2