PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 02:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Broken digitizer glass, where can I buy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by razgriz1138 View Post
That's through Asurion, but I also pay like $7.99 a month for the lower deductable. If I had the $4.99 plan, it would be $100.
I call b.s asurian is 100 i dont care who you are. deductible is just that a deductible. as for the digitizer ebay under 25 bucks i was going to go this route with last tp. but being it was 6 days old said it came shipped messed up. they replaced for free.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 04-09-2010, 02:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Sprint doesnt offer a $7.99 plan. TEP is $7 and the deductible on any PDA is $100, non PDA is $50
Old 04-09-2010, 02:25 PM
VIP Member

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Sprint doesnt offer a $7.99 plan. TEP is $7 and the deductible on any PDA is $100, non PDA is $50
i know mines the 7 one any pda or high dollar phone 1s 100. only thing 50 is cheap phones like a razr..lol
Old 04-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Okay, this is a very interesting post and now I want to add a wrinkle. I got my TP2 in December 09 which means I'm WELL UNDER the 1 year manufacturer's warranty. How's that impact my ability to get a replacement?
Old 04-09-2010, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

crack digitizer is considered users fault not manufacturer. your best route is asurian. 1yr manufacturer you gotta send it to htc and wait... asurian you pay but replacement is with in 48hrs most.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:31 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

it depends on wether there is a hardware/software problem or if it was something like a drop, water damage, act of the flying spahgetti monster or whatever. i year warranty only covers manufacuter defect.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

razgriz1138 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to razgriz1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
I call b.s asurian is 100 i dont care who you are. deductible is just that a deductible. as for the digitizer ebay under 25 bucks i was going to go this route with last tp. but being it was 6 days old said it came shipped messed up. they replaced for free.
I am a Verizon customer, so with paying $7.99/mth, I have a $50 deductible. I see from your profile you are a Sprint customer, I can only assume that Asurion has different agreements with different cell phone providers. I am just reporting what I saw when I went online and filled out the information...when it came time to finish, it asked me for $50 as a non-refundable deductible. I know when I bought the phone, i had the choice of either a $4.99 or $7.99 monthly insurance plan. My son has the $4.99 for his LG Versa, and the replacement cost is $50. If I had chosen that plan, my replacement deductible would have been $100. Like I said, this is Verizon, and I have no knowledge about Sprint except for what I have read, and I am certainly not trying to be an expert on Sprint, just relaying my experience from a Verizon standpoint.

Raz
Old 04-09-2010, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

razgriz1138 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to razgriz1138

Additionally....is it safe to use the phone until I get the spare parts, or do I run the risk of damaging the LCD?

Raz
Old 04-09-2010, 03:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by razgriz1138 View Post
Additionally....is it safe to use the phone until I get the spare parts, or do I run the risk of damaging the LCD?

Raz
ya its ok to use my girl used hers for a few day. ill be honest be careful opening it up. before i claimed mine was damaged in shipping i called repair shops. sprint stores by me told me they were ordered not to open touch pro2s for any reason to refer to insurance.I also talked to a buddy whos a repair tech for sprint but lives 6hrs away. told me this phone is a b!t@h.lol it can be done from what he said but the ribbons you gotta be really careful with. i guess if worse case you break it you could say it was lost or stolen the pay insurance. good luck if you do document it for the community as far as i know i haven't seen any pdfs floating around of a break down.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Yep, my manager re-cased his Tp2, said pretty much the same thing. Its rough

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2