PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 11:33 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Broken digitizer glass, where can I buy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post
Thanks for correction.

I pay the 7.99 a month as well.. hmm someone told me the wrong info's!

time to bitch @ sprint
thats a verizon deal. on sprint it is 100 dollars for smartphone replacement. the seven dollars breaks down to 3 for assurion premium, 4 for service and repair. you can drop the service and repair part, the deductible is 100 bucks no matter what.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

well thats crap.. guess i'll deal with the busted screen for now til the EVO comes out.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

razgriz1138 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to razgriz1138

Yea, I'm a Verizon customer. I've heard some of the Sprint Asurion horror stories...but it's hysterical, because Verizon's only word when I called them was, "we don't repair, call Asurion."
Old 04-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGenCowboy View Post
Thanks for correction.

I pay the 7.99 a month as well.. hmm someone told me the wrong info's!

time to bitch @ sprint
I pay $7.99/month, does that mean that the cost of replacement is $50 and not $100, can anyone point me to the literature on this? I don't like talking to the boobs at the store or anyone related to sprint without proof.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:54 AM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by razgriz1138 View Post
Yea, I'm a Verizon customer. I've heard some of the Sprint Asurion horror stories...but it's hysterical, because Verizon's only word when I called them was, "we don't repair, call Asurion."
right. sprint repairs the crap out of phones in house.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
thats a verizon deal. on sprint it is 100 dollars for smartphone replacement. the seven dollars breaks down to 3 for assurion premium, 4 for service and repair. you can drop the service and repair part, the deductible is 100 bucks no matter what.
Hmm, that sounds more like what I heard. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

Wow, thanks for the detail. Seriously, I didn't know these were so fragile. I really want a tough leather case like I had on my Motorola Q9M. One that absorbs impacts on the side and still would allow the use of the slider. I have already dropped this phone once. Slid right out of my hand from 3 ft and landed on my hardwood floor. It actually bounced then slid on the screen face. No scuffs or scratches OR cracks thankfully.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

I put together this Touch Pro 2 dissasembly guide I ran across into a word document. Enjoy!
http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96390

Digitizer here: http://www.cellulardr.com/P091009-2311.htm

http://www.globaldirectparts.com/HTC...-II-s/5917.htm

http://www.cellphonepartsonline.com/...r-verizon-logo
Attached Files
File Type: rar HTC TOUCH PRO 2 Dissasembly.rar (3.49 MB, 28 views) Click for barcode!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 04-09-2010 at 01:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:54 PM

that is freakin sweet.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-COPS View Post
Wow, thanks for the detail. Seriously, I didn't know these were so fragile. I really want a tough leather case like I had on my Motorola Q9M. One that absorbs impacts on the side and still would allow the use of the slider. I have already dropped this phone once. Slid right out of my hand from 3 ft and landed on my hardwood floor. It actually bounced then slid on the screen face. No scuffs or scratches OR cracks thankfully.
I'd suggest the bodyglove, sure the tabs have been known to break off but still works well.

UPDATE:

I contacted eforcity about the broken tabs, after about 2 days they sent me an email stating they're sending out a replacement. Very amazing customer service if you ask me.

Last edited by sanjsrik; 04-12-2010 at 01:44 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2